New Site Upgrade and Look Feedback Thread - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG Jeff View Post
They should start populating with new info once the site traffic and posts start to pick back up.

You can always use the "home" and "end" keys and it should start taking you to the last viewed post once all the analytic/logging is up and running.

Jeff
I don't follow. The Home and End key is a shortcut to the top or bottom of the page. How/when is the button used to navigate to a post?

Or maybe I was unclear with the function I'd like to see.
When I log in after 2 hours I will select New Posts and see the 43 active threads since my previous login. I wish to select an individual thread and be taken to the first post since when I logged off. Sometimes it might be post 12 and the end post is now 27. It would be nice to select a button that would go directly to post #12.
Perhaps it is a limitation of the software?

Thanks for the hard work developing a modern page. The navigation seems to be very intuitive and more difficult to end up in a place you don't want to be.
AG Jeff likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgjurista View Post
What is a side bar? What is @Mention and why would I want to tag someone? Just because it may seem second nature to you, doesn't mean I understand. Or others for that matter.

I believe you missed my point. Terms like "first look feedback" have no meaning to me. Should they? That's why I asked if there was a tutorial.
@ssgjurista, you may be referring to me with the 'first look feedback'. Tagging will give the person being tagged a notification that you're being referred to. Sometimes helpful to draw attention back to an individual, but can be overused.
For example, Thanks @ssgjurista, for the comment. Now you know you are being thanked.

What I meant with my comment was my initial impression (first look) and was providing feedback.
AG Jeff likes this.
post #23 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 03:32 PM

Much Improved!
AG Jeff likes this.

2015 Canyon SLT/Summit White/2WD (Ordered 2/21)(3/13 Truck Produced Got VIN)(3-27 Truck Delivered)
2010 Tacoma/Magnetic Grey/Prerunner
2000 Dakota/Patriot Blue/4x4
1995 Dakota/Red/4x4

post #24 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 03:35 PM

Something I noticed as a moderator. My username is colored and bold (not new). The pretty yellow color looks great against blue, but not against grey.

Is it a simple fix to change font color for the moderator staff?
post #25 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Canyon View Post
Something I noticed as a moderator. My username is colored and bold (not new). The pretty yellow color looks great against blue, but not against grey.

Is it a simple fix to change font color for the moderator staff?
On it, just noticed that also.

Whenever you see stuff like that ping me here and I will get it fixed.

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager/Admin
AutoGuide.com

For Support or any questions please post here:
http://coloradofans.com/forums/108-c...p-suggestions/
post #26 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 04:23 PM

Garage
Looking good! I did notice the Colorado at the top of the page, the one with the oblique position is a little skewed. It has 3 side windows and 2 and a half door handles. Maybe it's the new Colorado SUV.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Skewed Colo.jpg (17.3 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by WHEELBURNS; 03-03-2015 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Added photo
post #27 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 04:41 PM

That's where they spliced the jpg for the header image with new logo. :)

Chris Brown
2015 Colorado LT Ext-Cab 4X4 • I4 • Black/Black • Bose & Nav
Link for DIY: Cargo/Dog Platform Build For Ext-Cab
post #28 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 05:00 PM

Location: Manhattan, KS - all moved & seeing more Clolorados in KS.
Garage
It has taken me a little while to get used to the new format. Looking a lot better. I'll se how it looks on my tablet here shortly.
post #29 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 05:29 PM

Garage
I have Win 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11 (all latest updates). Under the new view I cannot post, text gets "entered" but submit or preview indicates too few of characters. Is there a compatibility setting I need to set ? I am able to post this entry using the "legacy" version.
post #30 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 05:49 PM

Garage
Meh

Ordered 2/17/17.
post #31 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 06:30 PM

There appears to be a concerted effort underway to turn this website into an exclusive 2nd Generation operation. In the Header of the previous home page there was only a very small picture of a 1st Generation Colorado and now even that has disappeared. Usually, in a Forum, the "new guys" aren't given top billing, but here it is just the opposite. Obviously, just like anything else that is new, the 2015 models are going to get a lot of attention, but relegating the earlier models to the bottom of the page insults their Owners, many of whom have been Members here for years. My two cents.
post #32 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 06:48 PM

Like the black text/white background.
AG Jeff likes this.

Ordered 11/10/14: 2015 Colorado LT EC,4wd, Red Rock Metallic, Conv and Luxury package, G80, Bose & Nav, 18" dark argent wheels, black assist steps, bed mat, bed divider, tow package.
Event status 3000 12/15/14. Still at 3000 12/29/14. Status 3000 01/05/15. Status 3000 01/12/15. Status 3400 no VIN or TPW 01/17/15. Got VIN, and waiting transportation 01/27/15. On the train 02/04/15. At dealer 02/13/15, taking delivery 02/18/15; 100 days stock to dock.
post #33 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 07:28 PM

Thumbs down

Liked the old look much better. This new look looks incomplete and very bland. Can never figure out why sites get updated and very rarely improve on their old look.

Z71 Red Rock Metallic 4X4
CC SB
Factory folding tonneau
Standard radio
Towing package
post #34 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdracer View Post
Liked the old look much better. This new look looks incomplete and very bland. Can never figure out why sites get updated and very rarely improve on their old look.

I agree. Like the old site better. Too much white. Harsh on your eyes.

2015 CG CC SB Z71
post #35 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdracer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwstrick View Post
I agree. Like the old site better. Too much white. Harsh on your eyes.
In the lower left corner is a drop down list. Select the Legacy option and you will be returned to the previous version.
AG Jeff likes this.
post #36 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 09:43 PM

Oh yes, the old format is much easier on the eyes. Nice new site, probly better for mobile devices. For the rest of us....FAIL. LOL.

Chris Brown
post #37 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart7881 View Post
There appears to be a concerted effort underway to turn this website into an exclusive 2nd Generation operation. In the Header of the previous home page there was only a very small picture of a 1st Generation Colorado and now even that has disappeared. Usually, in a Forum, the "new guys" aren't given top billing, but here it is just the opposite. Obviously, just like anything else that is new, the 2015 models are going to get a lot of attention, but relegating the earlier models to the bottom of the page insults their Owners, many of whom have been Members here for years. My two cents.
I get what you're saying and agree, but it's still whiny.

Chris Brown
post #38 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 09:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cart7881 View Post

I agree with that, totally.
We seem to be being swept off to the sidelines.
Even the forum headings, there is no actual tech/general forum for the 1st gen truck.

The very FIRST forum is 2nd Generation Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon , the first subforum is general discussion (where any post not "general" in nature will be moved immediately).
So you go through all these subforums and you find the next forum, General/News.
Second subforum there is General Truck Chat, with the description

"Can't find the correct topic elsewhere? This is the place for general discussion about the Colorado or Canyon.",

Note it does not state 1st or 2nd Generation

which seems to repeat the first subforum in the Second Generation subforum?
So confused, I guess if you have a 1st generation you are relegated to the General/News forum.
OH WAIT but here is a THIRD forum mysteriously and ambiguously named "The Vehicle".
OH this is where we belong, THE VEHICLE, because it's description is "First generation Colorado/Canyon: 2004-2012", although there is no "general" forum, we still need to go to General/News forum for general sort of questions.
Oh and the 4th forum "Tech Talk" is also for 1st generation owners.
So I guess we should be happy we have 2 dedicated forums to us 1st gen owners, well 2 plus General Truck chat in the General/News forum.
It's been sort of a mess for awhile now like this and yes I really feel like 1st Gen is really being given the brush-off.

Ordered 2/17/17.

Last edited by Gilly; 03-03-2015 at 09:50 PM.
post #39 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 09:57 PM

It's cuz the new trucks are lightyears better. Sorry guys...step up to the plate. LOL.

Chris Brown
post #40 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 10:07 PM

Garage
Yeah I hear ya, and I'm sure many of us will. But they do all this to make things appear modern and "fresh" (change for changes sake if you ask me), and one would think that would be a perfect opportunity to at least streamline things for the 1st gen owners. If they want to have 2nd gen as the first forum, fine, but at least just give the 1st gen a general discussion forum that is obviously FOR the 1st gen owners, then drop in that stupid 2 subforum "tech" forum so you have ONE 1st gen forum complete with the general discussion subforum I guess you would "steal" from the "General/News" forum since it is almost all 1st gen stuff. So mash the 3rd and 4th forums together and add the General Truck Chat to it from the news forum. The General/News forum can exist as it is without the General Truck Chat subforum. It's just a convoluted MESS for 1st Gen owners on here.
mrharrybay likes this.

Ordered 2/17/17.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode