• 1 Post By and_steve
  • 1 Post By and_steve
  • 1 Post By Blue15ColoradoLT
  • 1 Post By DiNoto
  • 1 Post By GregDAP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Why are there not more stickies?

In every forum I've ever been a member of, especially car forums, there have been helpful stickied threads in the sub-forums with commonly asked/searched topics.

For example, in the suspension/wheels/tires forum, comprehensive threads detailing the options for lifts/leveling, and another with common tire sizes, etc.

Surely a lot of threads that would make great stickies already exist. It would be easier to not have to hunt for them, and would certainly cut down on redundant threads from those who don't search for info.

Last edited by bleedinblue; 09-18-2016 at 11:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 04:02 PM

I come from a lot of automotive forums myself - and rather large ones. This forum isn't nearly as big (not as many members and certainly not nearly as many posts).

However - it's probably the largest forum for Colorado & Canyon that I could find. Due to the lack of members/posts - you have limited information to sift thru and not nearly as refined as the 'bigger' forums.

www.lieblweb.com
2016 GMC Canyon
2015 Infinity QX70s
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

True, this forum certainly isn't as large as what I'm used to. I suppose the Colorado/Canyon aren't usually bought to be a hobby type of a vehicle and that limits the audience. Still yet, I think a little better organization of the sub forums and some well thought out stickies to make information easier to find would better the forum and perhaps allow for some growth. I know after a day of browsing here, I was looking to see if there was a larger Colorado forum (I couldn't find one). I wonder how many come here and leave because it's not what they were looking for?

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 01:00 AM

Garage
Now that you guys point it out, yes this forum is too small to be of any benefit to anyone! Now I see how bad it sucks. I'm out of here!
Devilmonkey likes this.

‘16 Colorado LT CC LB Duramax - Brownstone, Bose, Luxury Pkg, Safety Pkg, Convenience Pkg, Trailering Pkg/Locking rear diff, Wheel flares, BORA 1.5" wheel spacers, Iron Cross Patriot Running Boards, Line-X. Planned mods: Zone 1.25" level. SOLD: '15 Colorado LT V6. Threw kitty litter on that turd....... and dumped it!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 01:54 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Well this thread took a different turn...

If anyone thinks there's a thread that deserves a sticky, which I've been trying to look through and get a set going, please feel free to PM me.

Sent from my iPhone on a Falcon 9 rocket
bleedinblue likes this.

Resident thread derailer

2016 GMC Canyon SLT: CC SB 4x4

Site Rules

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Steve! Are there different moderators for the different sub-forums?
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 12:59 PM

I agree. I tired (it failed) to get a simple thread started about tire clearance and fender trimming. Was hoping people could stay on point and list their, lift size, tire size and exactly the trimming needed. Very few replies despite the constant threads asking "what tire fits" and "how much lift do I need" etc. In other forums such a repetitive question would certainly have a sticky at the top of the sub forum to answer the question before it was asked.

2016 Laser Blue Ext Cab Short Bed 4x4 Z71
Fox 2.0 suspension, LineX; custom HiLift, shovel/axe mounts, Chassis Unlimited rock sliders, LED hood pods, Custom aluminum oil pan and transmission skid plates, custom bed cage, MBRP cat back, lots of scratches.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 01:10 PM

I requested and this thread was stickied to the electrical forum.

Free Electrical Diagram Colorado/ Canyon 2015

I don't mind a few stickies, but when they take up half a page, they become a distraction.
Janster likes this.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiNoto View Post
Now that you guys point it out, yes this forum is too small to be of any benefit to anyone! Now I see how bad it sucks. I'm out of here!
It's just a badly run forum.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

The intention of this thread was truly to ask the question and/or offer a suggestion for improvement, not bash the current admins/moderators.
bcuzucant likes this.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinblue View Post
The intention of this thread was truly to ask the question and/or offer a suggestion for improvement, not bash the current admins/moderators.
Where's the fun in that?

I agree with you. How can we make it better?

Threads on tire sizes that will fit, links to find accessories, all could be good stickied threads.
bleedinblue likes this.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 05:47 PM

Quote:
True, this forum certainly isn't as large as what I'm used to. I suppose the Colorado/Canyon aren't usually bought to be a hobby type of a vehicle and that limits the audience. Still yet, I think a little better organization of the sub forums and some well thought out stickies to make information easier to find would better the forum and perhaps allow for some growth. I know after a day of browsing here, I was looking to see if there was a larger Colorado forum (I couldn't find one). I wonder how many come here and leave because it's not what they were looking for?
If this is the biggest community for Colorado & Canyon - why would you or anyone leave? You're certainly not going to find information, ideas, elsewhere.

There just aren't enough owners out there OR not enough owners who care to get involved with forums. Simple as that. And when you're members are smaller - there's less chance of having TONS of information for any given topic.

When there's an over-abundance of the same information in a gazillion different threads - that's where stickies are used. This makes the information easier to find and less likely that someone will post another thread.

For this forum? No stickies needed. Just use the search button. It is up to us to make this place even greater.

Ya know...it's not any different than seeing the 'aftermarket' support for these trucks is also limited. That's due to lack of demand. Not enough people....
CaryBosse likes this.

www.lieblweb.com
2016 GMC Canyon
2015 Infinity QX70s
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Thanks Steve! Are there different moderators for the different sub-forums?

No we pretty much all moderate over the entire forum.

Can't confirm for the other guys but I know they're mostly all online at least once a day. I'm on pretty much a day so feel free to reach out to me any time.

bleedinblue likes this.

Resident thread derailer

Site Rules

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Again, if anyone has an idea about a thread that exists that should be stickied, feel free to PM it to me or comment there and tag me. I'll get your notification.

bleedinblue likes this.

Resident thread derailer

Site Rules

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 10:53 PM
ADMIN

Garage
I have no problems sticking a thread but it's gotta be something worth being stuck. If you wanna put together a thread for lift kits, label the thread "A guide to 2nd gen lift kits" and include in it, companies who offer lift kits, model numbers, prices, links of different websites to acquire the kits, then I'll stick that in a heartbeat.
CaryBosse likes this.

2015 Laser Blue Colorado LT
CC, 4X4, V6, SB

Mods:
LED light bar - 32"
HID headlights
LED fog lights
LED high beams
LED reverse lights
LED license plate lights
LED visor lights
LED dome lights
LED switchback front turn signal lights
LED cargo light turn signal conversion
LED bed lights
LED tail lights
LED sidemarkers
Canyon swapped tail lights
Red painted calipers
Supermod ported throttle body
Silver metallic rally stripes
Super Skidz skid plate
Volant CAI

Have a Colorado but want Canyon tail lights? Or vice versa CLICK HERE

***NOTE***
SITE RULES

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 11:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilmonkey View Post
It's just a badly run forum.
Well, I recognize that it is all volunteer based work and have benefited many times from the people and information on this site.
CaryBosse likes this.

‘16 Colorado LT CC LB Duramax - Brownstone, Bose, Luxury Pkg, Safety Pkg, Convenience Pkg, Trailering Pkg/Locking rear diff, Wheel flares, BORA 1.5" wheel spacers, Iron Cross Patriot Running Boards, Line-X. Planned mods: Zone 1.25" level. SOLD: '15 Colorado LT V6. Threw kitty litter on that turd....... and dumped it!
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

If someone wants to start a thread where members can post their suspension setup(stock, lifted, lowered, how much lift/lowered, brand and type of lift/lowering kit), wheel specs (offset/backspace, diameter, width, using wheel sspacers?), that would make a good sticky. Might as well throw in cab configuration and engine specs as well. There is a stickied thread on 355nation like that, I think I helps cut down on tire size and wheel question threads.

Trying to stick every tire size thread is impractical.
CaryBosse likes this.

2011 Colorado CC Z71 2LT 4X4 3.7L with a few mods
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregDAP View Post
If someone wants to start a thread where members can post their suspension setup(stock, lifted, lowered, how much lift/lowered, brand and type of lift/lowering kit), wheel specs (offset/backspace, diameter, width, using wheel sspacers?), that would make a good sticky. Might as well throw in cab configuration and engine specs as well. There is a stickied thread on 355nation like that, I think I helps cut down on tire size and wheel question threads.

Trying to stick every tire size thread is impractical.
I literally made a thread like that after I made this, hoping it would be successful and be used as a sticky. It isn't getting any traction though, with just a couple informative posts and one...not so informative post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode