Enhanced Mobile View - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Enhanced Mobile View

Site keeps trying to go to the Enhanced Mobile View and when I ask to exit it gives me a note that I will exit to the old version for 90 days. It has done that at least half a dozen times this morning.

How do I stop the hassle?

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Garage
The Enhanced Mobile view is based off cookie setting. If you exit it, and clear your cookies it will return.

If your browser is always deleting cookies when you close it, or if you are manually clearing your cookies, it will return when you revisit the site.

Can you check your browsers settings to see how cookies are handled, and if it is automatically deleting cookies on browser close?

Thanks.
- JB
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
The Enhanced Mobile view is based off cookie setting. If you exit it, and clear your cookies it will return.

If your browser is always deleting cookies when you close it, or if you are manually clearing your cookies, it will return when you revisit the site.

Can you check your browsers settings to see how cookies are handled, and if it is automatically deleting cookies on browser close?

Thanks.
- JB
On some occasions the cookies could have been cleared manually by me. On at least a couple of times, I had not closed the browser, I literally had exited the enhanced view, viewed a thread, and when I tried to get NEW POSTS it came back with the enhanced view.

It has not done it since I posted this thread, even though I have exited my browser and manually cleared my cookies.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 10:01 AM

The mobile site is a complete train wreck. I keep getting Facebook popups that I cant cancel, and keep getting redirected to spam sites. I cant even hit the back button or find Coloradofans again without retyping in the URL. If Im lucky enough to stay on the main site, and scroll down, the whole page freezes as it tries to load countless adds.

I would love to sit on the can and catch up on all the threads, but alas, I've written off the mobile site and only check it when I have access to a PC. Someone at Torstar made a boo-boo........

2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 3.6L V6 4WD Crew Cab Short Box
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode