Stuff No Longer Working On This Site - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 10Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 780
Stuff No Longer Working On This Site w/Firefox

So, the past few days (week?) it seems a few things are no longer working. I see I have a ";Notification " and when I use to click or even hover over it I would see a list of several items. Now, no list and if I click on it, I get sent to my User CP. Also, "New Posts" used to have a list of1 Day, 2 Days, and not usually only shows post since my last log in. A few other things are also no longer working exactly right. Are these site changes or now some "Mobile Only" Tapatalk modification that has things screwed up for use on a PC? I am using Mozilla Firefox and there have been no changes to that or any changes I made since this started happening. Any infor would be appreciated. If you look at the text in this post, I used some quote marks and it inserted &amp for them???

2017 2WD Colorado LT V6 CCSB Luxury & Convenience Pkgs, Black/Ashen Gray Leather, Bullet Bedliner, ARE cap.

Last edited by GraniteBlue05; 04-18-2017 at 07:09 PM.
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 780
Also. . . I can no longer see pictures posted by members. Instead I just see - - - Attachments - - - -

2017 2WD Colorado LT V6 CCSB Luxury & Convenience Pkgs, Black/Ashen Gray Leather, Bullet Bedliner, ARE cap.
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 09:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Homestead, Florida
Posts: 4,866
There have been a lot of changes to Firefox. They no longer support a lot of things. I've had to switch to Chrome to get access to some of my bank's information.
cart7881 is offline  
 
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 10:00 AM
Senior Member
 
BumbleZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Northern California
Posts: 551
Garage
I've been having all those same issues for a few days now also. And I haven't updated Firefox....

2016 Canyon SLE diesel, Brownstone Metallic, Towing Package, etc.

Mods:
Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite
Factory GMC front Mud Flaps
BigBoi Headlight Switch Mod


In the garage: 2002 Z06

BumbleZ is offline  
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 12:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Nutley, NJ
Posts: 1,650
Hmmm, I have always used Firefox and keep it up to date, and can't say Ive experienced any of the problems you are mentioning.

Is yours totally up to date to 52.0.2 version?

2005 5 cyl, Black on Black, 4 door
2016 Z71, Black, Long Box, 4 door
Toughsox is offline  
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 12:49 PM
Senior Member
 
fondupot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Illinois
Posts: 384
Are you using an ad-blocker? I have ublock origin, and if I have it turned on, lots of things go missing on the site...
saytanicmechanic likes this.

2017 Chevy Colorado Z71, Crew Cab, Short Bed, LGZ 3.6L, 8L45 8 Spd.

How to Videos - Check out my YouTube Channel!
fondupot is offline  
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 03:14 PM
Senior Member
 
BumbleZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Northern California
Posts: 551
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughsox View Post
Hmmm, I have always used Firefox and keep it up to date, and can't say Ive experienced any of the problems you are mentioning.

Is yours totally up to date to 52.0.2 version?
Yes, that's the version I have now.

2016 Canyon SLE diesel, Brownstone Metallic, Towing Package, etc.

Mods:
Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite
Factory GMC front Mud Flaps
BigBoi Headlight Switch Mod


In the garage: 2002 Z06

BumbleZ is offline  
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 03:17 PM
Senior Member
 
BumbleZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Northern California
Posts: 551
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fondupot View Post
Are you using an ad-blocker? I have ublock origin, and if I have it turned on, lots of things go missing on the site...
I've had UBlocker Origin for quite a while but this problem is about three days old. I tried whitelisting the site in UBlocker but still no joy...
GraniteBlue05 likes this.

2016 Canyon SLE diesel, Brownstone Metallic, Towing Package, etc.

Mods:
Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite
Factory GMC front Mud Flaps
BigBoi Headlight Switch Mod


In the garage: 2002 Z06

BumbleZ is offline  
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 03:25 PM
Senior Member
 
saytanicmechanic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: South of Baahstan, Massachusetts
Posts: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleZ View Post
I've had UBlocker Origin for quite a while but this problem is about three days old. I tried whitelisting the site in UBlocker but still no joy...
It's uBlocker that's doing it. It happens on my system too with it enabled.
Padman likes this.

2016 GMC Canyon SLT 4x4 in Copper Red Metallic
Hellwig rear swaybar/Pop N Lock for the tailgate/Revolver X2 tonneau cover/Bed Lighting/Extra high amperage USB charging ports/GM Bed Mat/Tailgate brake & backup lighting/Fumoto valve/Line-X
saytanicmechanic is offline  
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 03:33 PM
Senior Member
 
BumbleZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Northern California
Posts: 551
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saytanicmechanic View Post
It's uBlocker that's doing it. It happens on my system too with it enabled.
I guess you're right. I disabled Ublocker and then restarted Firefox and all is well. Doesn't fix the problem unless you restart the browser. Interesting that I also run Adblock and Disconnect and after turning them on and off, they have no effect on the functionality mentioned above... Also, Adblocker is telling me it blocked 30 ads for this page and Ublocker only 4. Disconnect blocked 6 different tracking requests also.

2016 Canyon SLE diesel, Brownstone Metallic, Towing Package, etc.

Mods:
Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite
Factory GMC front Mud Flaps
BigBoi Headlight Switch Mod


In the garage: 2002 Z06

BumbleZ is offline  
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 11:47 PM
Senior Member
 
saytanicmechanic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: South of Baahstan, Massachusetts
Posts: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleZ View Post
I guess you're right. I disabled Ublocker and then restarted Firefox and all is well. Doesn't fix the problem unless you restart the browser. Interesting that I also run Adblock and Disconnect and after turning them on and off, they have no effect on the functionality mentioned above... Also, Adblocker is telling me it blocked 30 ads for this page and Ublocker only 4. Disconnect blocked 6 different tracking requests also.
It's not just uBlocker doing it. If you run ScriptSafe it does it too. I tried to narrow down which blocked site is causing it but after a while I just gave up.

2016 GMC Canyon SLT 4x4 in Copper Red Metallic
Hellwig rear swaybar/Pop N Lock for the tailgate/Revolver X2 tonneau cover/Bed Lighting/Extra high amperage USB charging ports/GM Bed Mat/Tailgate brake & backup lighting/Fumoto valve/Line-X
saytanicmechanic is offline  
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 11:49 PM
Senior Member
 
saytanicmechanic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: South of Baahstan, Massachusetts
Posts: 306
Scratch that I just figured it out by accident. :D It's "static.verticalscope.com" that's causing it. Once I "allow" that site everything works.

2016 GMC Canyon SLT 4x4 in Copper Red Metallic
Hellwig rear swaybar/Pop N Lock for the tailgate/Revolver X2 tonneau cover/Bed Lighting/Extra high amperage USB charging ports/GM Bed Mat/Tailgate brake & backup lighting/Fumoto valve/Line-X
saytanicmechanic is offline  
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 11:51 PM
Senior Member
 
saytanicmechanic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: South of Baahstan, Massachusetts
Posts: 306
Here's what I allowed:


2016 GMC Canyon SLT 4x4 in Copper Red Metallic
Hellwig rear swaybar/Pop N Lock for the tailgate/Revolver X2 tonneau cover/Bed Lighting/Extra high amperage USB charging ports/GM Bed Mat/Tailgate brake & backup lighting/Fumoto valve/Line-X
saytanicmechanic is offline  
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleZ View Post
I guess you're right. I disabled Ublocker and then restarted Firefox and all is well. Doesn't fix the problem unless you restart the browser. Interesting that I also run Adblock and Disconnect and after turning them on and off, they have no effect on the functionality mentioned above... Also, Adblocker is telling me it blocked 30 ads for this page and Ublocker only 4. Disconnect blocked 6 different tracking requests also.
I was up to date with the latest Firefox and have had the same issues. I also use Ublocker and Adblock. I first tried disabling them and restarting, and it made no difference. Then, just for grins I downloaded Firefox 48.0.2 and all was well, except for the tons of ads and slow down and clunky performance when loading a web page because of the ads. So I installed Ublocker and Adblock and first it was fine, then the same issues cropped up again. But. . . after selectively turning off Ublock Origin all is well, so it appears some interference with Ublock Origin.

Now I should upgrade back to Firefox 52.0.2, but I am not sure how that will go.

I'm thinking it also may be some counter measures on websites that would prefer we all "see" the ads.

EDIT: - - Disabling Adblocker and UBlock and then restarting Firefox does not seem to always remedy this problem. Similar to using the yahoo email Hide Ad Panel. I disable it and it will continue blocking sometimes after several reboots. Then, for no apparent reason it will finally be disabled. It also is quirky when re enabling it again.

I think it is as satansmechanic said. . . you have to find what site or ad is causing the issues. Too much of this piggy back ad cr@p going on these days. What a mess.

2017 2WD Colorado LT V6 CCSB Luxury & Convenience Pkgs, Black/Ashen Gray Leather, Bullet Bedliner, ARE cap.

Last edited by GraniteBlue05; 04-16-2017 at 01:08 AM.
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 10:08 AM
Senior Member
 
KY Red Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: nowhere
Posts: 321
I have Chrome & stuff still doesn't work for me.

2017 Graphite Metallic Z71 Colorado Crew Cab
3.6L 8sp auto 4x4 with Locking Rear Diff
American Tonneau Tri-Fold Tonno Cover
Bed Rug
Lund 5" Oval Stainless Side Steps
WeatherTech Splash Guards
Finish protected by Dodo Juice, Chemical Guys, McKee's 37, & Turtle Wax
KY Red Rock is offline  
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 01:22 PM
Senior Member
 
BumbleZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Northern California
Posts: 551
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteBlue05 View Post
I was up to date with the latest Firefox and have had the same issues. I also use Ublocker and Adblock. I first tried disabling them and restarting, and it made no difference. Then, just for grins I downloaded Firefox 48.0.2 and all was well, except for the tons of ads and slow down and clunky performance when loading a web page because of the ads. So I installed Ublocker and Adblock and first it was fine, then the same issues cropped up again. But. . . after selectively turning off Ublock Origin all is well, so it appears some interference with Ublock Origin.

Now I should upgrade back to Firefox 52.0.2, but I am not sure how that will go.

I'm thinking it also may be some counter measures on websites that would prefer we all "see" the ads.

EDIT: - - Disabling Adblocker and UBlock and then restarting Firefox does not seem to always remedy this problem. Similar to using the yahoo email Hide Ad Panel. I disable it and it will continue blocking sometimes after several reboots. Then, for no apparent reason it will finally be disabled. It also is quirky when re enabling it again.

I think it is as satansmechanic said. . . you have to find what site or ad is causing the issues. Too much of this piggy back ad cr@p going on these days. What a mess.
I've stayed on the latest version of Firefox. What is working for me now is when something isn't working on the site like the pull down menu for notifications or not displaying thumbnail pictures in posts, I just click on the Adblocker and uBlock Origin icons at the upper right corner of the browser and click off blocking for each. The page I'm on then automatically loads the missing content within a few seconds. I don't have to reload the page or restart the browser. It just does it.

So I'm basically leaving both turned on unless I have an issue and then turning them off when I need to.

What I'm learning about this site that is really disturbing is what the Disconnect extension is showing me. 50 tracking requests already just at the page that's allowing me to type this reply.
GraniteBlue05 likes this.

2016 Canyon SLE diesel, Brownstone Metallic, Towing Package, etc.

Mods:
Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite
Factory GMC front Mud Flaps
BigBoi Headlight Switch Mod


In the garage: 2002 Z06

BumbleZ is offline  
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 01:43 PM
Senior Member
 
BumbleZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Northern California
Posts: 551
Garage
It just occurred to me that I started having these issues right after Congress sold the American people out on internet tracking and selling our information. Coincidence?
GraniteBlue05 likes this.

2016 Canyon SLE diesel, Brownstone Metallic, Towing Package, etc.

Mods:
Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite
Factory GMC front Mud Flaps
BigBoi Headlight Switch Mod


In the garage: 2002 Z06

BumbleZ is offline  
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleZ View Post
It just occurred to me that I started having these issues right after Congress sold the American people out on internet tracking and selling our information. Coincidence?
You might be on to something there.

I looked at the number of tracking sources also. Unbelievable. Wondering if the site actually does get paid by all of them.

2017 2WD Colorado LT V6 CCSB Luxury & Convenience Pkgs, Black/Ashen Gray Leather, Bullet Bedliner, ARE cap.
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 02:01 PM
Senior Member
 
BumbleZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Northern California
Posts: 551
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteBlue05 View Post
You might be on to something there.

I looked at the number of tracking sources also. Unbelievable. Wondering if the site actually does get paid by all of them.
Since installing the Disconnect extension, my eyes have really been opened to the lack of privacy on web sites. Unfortunately, Coloradofans has 10 times the number of tracking requests that the other sites I visit have.

2016 Canyon SLE diesel, Brownstone Metallic, Towing Package, etc.

Mods:
Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite
Factory GMC front Mud Flaps
BigBoi Headlight Switch Mod


In the garage: 2002 Z06

BumbleZ is offline  
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 02:31 PM
Moderator
 
lqdchkn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Concord CA
Posts: 2,697
working fine on IE
lqdchkn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome