GMC Canyon vs. Chevy Colorado - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

ColoradoFans.com is the premier Colorado Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2014, 11:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default GMC Canyon vs. Chevy Colorado

The Chevy Colorado and ther GMC Canyon are pretty similar. They are both made by the same parent company, and they are both mid-size trucks. Which is the better choice though?

Front:

From the front I think that it is pretty clear that the Chevy Colorado is the better looking truck. It ditched the chrome grille this time around, and I think that most people are happy about that. The Colorado also looks different from its big brother the Silverado, while the GMC looks like a miniature version of the Sierra.

Back:

From the back the two trucks are pretty much the same. The Canyon has a chrome bumper for some extra 'bling'. The Canyon has fake indented fenders, and I for one am not a fan of fake stuff.

Inside:

On the inside the two trucks have both done a good job. The Canyon has a few more high-tech systems in it, but the Colorado isn't lacking. THe added red accents are a nice touch to the Canyon's interior.

Overall:

It is undeniable that the two trucks are very similar, which does make sense since they are built on the same platform. Aestheticall, I think that the win goes to the Colorado.
Late Shift is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2014, 12:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Riv

I agree that the Colorado definitely appears the sportier of the two and thus appeals to me more. Since they'll need to reserve some features for the Canyon to justify it as the "premium" of the two siblings, it'll be interesting to see what items get left out of the Colorado. I'm mainly concerned about things like the auto-4x4, stop/start if it gets included in the first edition, etc...
Riv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2014, 06:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:

From the front I think that it is pretty clear that the Chevy Colorado is the better looking truck. It ditched the chrome grille this time around, and I think that most people are happy about that.
Back:

From the back the two trucks are pretty much the same. The Canyon has a chrome bumper for some extra 'bling'.
Actually the Colorado does have a chrome grille and chrome bumper had you compared the Colorado in the same trim as the Canyon. You compared Z71 to an SLE. If you compared LT to SLE which are matching trims they'd have the same chrome parts, except for the mirrors.

But I still agree that the Colorado looks better, just not as much as your photo comparison makes it seem.
rider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2014, 11:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

Would anyone care to have the whole thing de-chromed?
I know I would, wouldn't mind having all the chrome be matte black, or what ever will look good.
BoxChevy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2014, 08:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default Don't like the red dash lights.

I looked at the Equinox and the Terrain and didn't like the red dash and interior lights of the GMC so bought the Equinox with the blue interior lights. Now I'm going to buy the Colorado for the same reason.
2015 Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2014, 03:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Pick your poisin.

They both work.

GMC vs Chevy

I do like the steering wheel on the Canyon.

Thats about all I can confidently say lol
2014buyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2014, 03:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

GMC has a more appealing design and look, something i would prefer, it's more of a premium look which to me matters. The Chevy looks better than the out going model, which is an improvement. wouldn't be surprised to see some Colorado guys buying a canyon, might be a good divide this time around
Old 01-16-2014, 09:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

I find the Colorado much more appealing, and have spent plenty of time looking at all of the available photos of each the Colorado and Canyon.
I currently own a 2012 Canyon. If I were in the market, I'd be a Colorado guy.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:49 AM   #9 (permalink)

To each his own. I like the current Canyon but the overall bold design of the new Colorado really grabs my attention, it's a look I really love.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

I prefer the new Canyon more, but I drive one now so maybe I'm crazy.
The Insanity Project
My other projects:

Goros is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.