Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Wheel Flares

6K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  Jamilynee 
#1 · (Edited)
I have found a 2015 Colorado almost exactly like I want. It is scheduled for delivery to the dealer on 07/13. The only problem is that it comes with the wheel flares. I have 2 questions:

1. How hard are the flares to remove?

2. Is there any residual damage to the vehicle once I remove the flares?

TIA for you thoughts.

#2 ·
Do you have a strong objection to the wheel flares?

FYI, I think some have said the wheel flares, while a factory option, are actually shipped with the truck for installation by the dealer, so you may be able to resolve this issue without too much trouble.

#3 ·
I could be wrong, but these might be a dealer installed item. If they are, you will simply just ask the dealer to not install them.

#5 ·
They are not hard to remove. They have a perimeter of double stick around the exterior edge, and a 4/6 screws F/R that secure thru the inner wheel well lip, also securing wheel liners.

#6 ·
Excellent! Thanks for all of the quick responses.

I am not a fan of the flares except on a black truck. I'm planning to get a Laser Blue truck so I do not want them.

#11 ·
I have them on mine, check em out

Attachments

#14 ·
Kinda ironic.... LOL
Here I am fixing to buy a set and someone getting a set and don't want them !!! LOL
If no one gets them I will buy them from you as well... Paypal ready !!! LOL

Reactions: WDEagle
#15 ·
Sorry guys,

The dealer that has the vehicle sent me a quote ... get this ...

MSRP + Tax/Tag + $1199 Dealers fee.

Needless to say, I won't be buying this vehicle.

#17 ·
My truck happened to have the wheel flares on the options list, which I wasn't exactly excited about. Now that I have the truck I don't really notice or dislike them, and I didn't have to worry about messing up my fenders when I took it on it's maiden offroading trip in Lake Tahoe over the 4th. These trucks are great for trails by the way.

#23 · (Edited)
My flares came on mine when my dealer located my Colorado from another state. My first notion was to remove them but when it arrived and I saw them in person I liked the contrast they had against the Red Hot color. Mine came with the black tow edition and they seemed to flow with the black contrast them. I like them now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.