Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Premium All Weather Floor Liners For 2015 Canyon

11K views 27 replies 22 participants last post by  RG 
#1 · (Edited)
I recently ordered the Premium All Weather Floor Liners (part number 23343575) for my 2015 Canyon, through my dealer. About two weeks later the one on the drivers side developed a large bulge in it. I found myself continually dragging my shoe across it whenever I went to get into the truck. I went back to my dealer and they ordered another set. It has now been about two weeks since the second one was installed. It too has now developed a bulge in it in the middle where the bulge was in the first set.

Has anyone else had any issues with this item?

What company makes these All Weather Floor Liners for GMC?

Please do not ask that photos be posted because I do not know how to add photos on this site.

#2 · (Edited)
Is the bulge on the part that touches the floor or on the side where it is supposed to rest to protect your carpetting while your foot is on the gas? Mine is bulging there on the drivers side and I was just going to put a piece of velcro on the carpet and on the mat to keep it flush up against the side.

#9 ·
My truck came with the GMC All Weather mats (N/C), they seem not bad, but I may upgrade to either Weathertech or Husky mats in the future for more protection. If your mats are the same as those in the photos below, I have used them since the middle of March & I see no bulges or wear yet on mine...

texasfishin your truck probably came with the standard (carpeted) mats, the GM All Weather mats are shown in the photos below. I have to agree the carpeted mats are not very useful. Just a heads up.. For a better fit, many of the "fitted mats" (Weathertech/Husky etc) reccomend removing the old mats & not placing the new mats overtop of the old ones like it sounds you have done.

The bulge is on the drivers side nearest to the door, in the middle. It is not on the gas pedal side.

I wanted to contact the company who makes them for GMC. Does anyone know the name of that company?
Sassi if you find out who makes the mats for GM, I bet your complaints will fall on deaf ears, they might listen to GM, but not you.

Attachments

#6 ·
The WeatherTech brand is the way to go !!! You will not be disappointed with them... Good luck getting the issues with yours worked out !!!

Reactions: man0ica
#7 ·
Please do not ask that photos be posted because I do not know how to add photos on this site.
Just an FYI, if you can put pictures in your Pictures folder on the computer it's as simple as opening up the picture folder and dragging it to the "Drag Files Here To Attach" right below this box.
It will take a couple seconds once you've dropped them into the box to resize for your post. Very nice feature of this site.

#8 ·
Is the bulge on the part that touches the floor or on the side where it is supposed to rest to protect your carpetting while your foot is on the gas? Mine is bulging there on the drivers side and I was just going to put a piece of velcro on the carpet and on the mat to keep it flush up against the side.
The bulge is on the drivers side nearest to the door, in the middle. It is not on the gas pedal side. This is the second set to be like this. That is why I am asking if anyone else has this issue. Also these have the GMC letters on them and were bought through my dealer. When i went to get the first set replaced, they took the first pair and threw them into a trash bin.

I am going to contact my dealer today about getting replacements for this second set. They will not just replace the one side.

I wanted to contact the company who makes them for GMC. Does anyone know the name of that company?

#13 ·
I talked to a person in parts at my dealership late Friday afternoon. He went on and ordered me another set. This will be my third replacement since the end of May. The passenger side stays in place and does not bow up. It would seem that since others are also having this problem that there is some kind of manufacture issue with the driver side item. This is a warranty item, and is costing GM money to keep replacing them, not me.

I would think that someone would take an interest in this and contact the company making them. Where are the GM service advisor's who roam this web site when you need one?

#14 ·
Is this the mat that's giving you the problems?

Attachments

#17 ·
#20 ·
#19 ·
Does anyone know how the weathertech floormats deal with the little posts that hold the OEM floor mats in place? From the product photo on their site, they appear to have two recessed areas on the back side that the posts slide into, but I can't be sure. I'm considering getting some, but only if the little posts won't make the weathertechs buckle upward over the posts.

2015 Chevrolet Colorado | WeatherTech FloorLiner custom fit car floor protection from mud, water, sand and salt. | WeatherTech.com

#21 · (Edited)
I just got the WeatherTechs and put them in my truck. Where the posts are, the WeatherTechs have a bump to clear them. The bump doesn't appear to be a problem and the Weathertechs lay flat on the floor. They are a great fit. If I was at home I'd take a picture and post it. Maybe I'll do that when I get home from work. :smile2:

Attachments

Reactions: videobored
#23 ·
i've had the OEM all weather mats in my truck for almost a month now. They have developed a small hump on the driver's side near the chevy logo and the door sill, it's about 1/2" high by 1" wide. On the passenger side they still don't seat up against the hump in the middle, leaving an inch or two of space. I'll live with those issues because overall I really like the way they look.

#27 ·
I have the GM OEM floor liners for my Canyon. Haven't had any issue with bulging that some of you guys have reported....Yet anyways

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.