Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Pickup Bed Mats

4K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  garymikey1982 
#1 ·
I don't feel the need (for my specific use of the truck) for a full spray-in bed liner, nor a full drop in liner. However, I do think a bed mat might come in handy, to protect the floor and keep things from sliding around. Has anyone installed a mat? What did you get, and why?

#2 ·
I was in the same boat as you. Just wanted something cheap and simple to protect bed and keep stuff from sliding. I only use the bed occasionally for things like trimmers, chainsaws, yard stuff. I bought a Dee Zee DZ87009 Heavyweight Utility Mat from Amazon. Fits perfect and looks good. I am very pleased with it.

Reactions: vhmike73
#3 ·
Do a couple of searches, perhaps limit those searches to these words in the title only, and use quotation marks.

"bed rug"

"bed mat"

If I hadn't gone with the spray in liner, I would have thought real hard about the bed rugs discussed around here.

#10 ·
With the bed mat you have the best of both worlds. When you need a non skid surface you have it. If you want to be able to just slide stuff in the bed (i.e. pine needles) you leave the bed at home. Also, spray in bed liners do not keep items form sliding around nearly as good as a rubber mat.

#11 ·
My truck came with the mat it has been abused beyond measure with no sign of wear had it out once in 7 years about a year ago just to "see" what the bed looked like, no complaints from me. If you want cheap and almost as good consider a "horse mat" for around 35 dollars online or farm stores.. assorted sizes ...

#12 ·
I have the deezee on my cc long bed. i saw the pictures of the oem one and it looked thin and short. I have pics in the other bed mat thread.

#17 ·
Purchased from Auto Anything, 10% discount and free shipping.
Dee Zee heavy duty......great mat!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.