Bicycle carrier - Page 4 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 10:04 AM

It's an Access Original soft cover - Truck Tonneau Covers | ACCESS Original Roll Up Tonneau Cover. Nothing fancy in terms of the cover, just something to keep the rain off whatever luggage/camp equipment is in the bed. I think any cover that's inside the rail would probably work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 10:09 AM

Yup, the the Gear On bars would be great for around town shuttling. If that was my primary goal I would have looked long and hard at that set up. But I was looking for more of a long road trip set up with the family with our luggage in the bed, probably best to keep the clothes dry.
post #63 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattericksen View Post
Yup, the the Gear On bars would be great for around town shuttling. If that was my primary goal I would have looked long and hard at that set up. But I was looking for more of a long road trip set up with the family with our luggage in the bed, probably best to keep the clothes dry.

Depending on your cover you can mount it directly too it i know someone here did it to a bakflip cover holds 400lbs spread evenly across and you can have full access to the bed

post #64 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 06:04 PM

Very close to what I did. Peragon tonneau cover, 54 inch Yakima Tracks, Landing Pad 1, Skyline Towers and 66 inch bars. I have a single and a tandem 1upusa bike rack and room to put a rooftop tent. The tonneau cover opens and closes with the racks loaded.
post #65 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbailey View Post
Very close to what I did. Peragon tonneau cover, 54 inch Yakima Tracks, Landing Pad 1, Skyline Towers and 66 inch bars. I have a single and a tandem 1upusa bike rack and room to put a rooftop tent. The tonneau cover opens and closes with the racks loaded.
Can you post some pics? I have been looking at the Peragon as well.
post #66 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENYPDE View Post
I installed my big mouth rack today. I mounted them to the back cross rail T channel and to the front bed divider T channel.

What size wheels are on your bike?
I just picked up a trek with 29er wheels and was curious if it'll fit my with my short bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #67 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 03:50 PM

I haven't got my new Colorado yet, but I'm looking for the best solution to carry one or two 29ers. Currently I use one of the Yakima tailgate pads, but it's a pain to put on and take off so I usually just leave it on. It looks like hell though and I wouldn't want it scratching up my tailgate on the new truck. I kind of also want to leave a tonneau cover on most of the time.

I'd like to get a hitch mount rack and reserve the tailgate pad for the odd trip when we have 4 people.

Any recommendations for a nice hitch rack? Any that leave the camera unobstructed when in the folded position?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my T1-A21w using Tapatalk
post #68 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnz View Post
Exactly what I'm looking for. The only problem I see with your setup is you won't be able to open the Revolver with the cross bars on. Probably not a big deal though.

They sell retractable covers

- Anthony

GetBlended
post #69 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 07:14 PM

Garage
I understand that this is a bit off topic, and probably outside of your use case (as initially you had noted you DONT want a hitch mount). But just to give you a perspective on what a hitch mount true West Coaster Mountain Biker style hitch mount rack is like this is my truck, I have the BAK Industries MX4 tonneau cover. Again, I am an avid mountain biker and regularly shuttle with my truck. Use cases are different I awknowledge that, but figured you might appreciate another perspective.

I have a friend with a dodge RAM who has a tonneau cover along with a crossrail style mount yakima rack and it works really well for him (it holds two bikes). He cannot unfold his tonneau cover though (its a hard folding cover).

I have a 4 bike North Shore Rack - Again these are geared towards heavy duty usage for us crazy insane mountain bikers ;). They are tough as nails though. No plastic crap to worry about!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170122_094030.jpg (119.8 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by internalfyre; 03-06-2017 at 07:24 PM.
post #70 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouchFisher View Post
Here is another picture with the same type of install approach:
How did you fasten the Yakima tracks to the bed rails?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode