Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

What is the Most annoying things about your truck?

45K views 207 replies 121 participants last post by  Evile1174 
#1 ·
I was heading out of town today for the weekend. and noticed something this was quite annoying What were they thinking with the placement. during cruising they place the light right where the truck rides... annoying.

Attachments

See less See more
#27 ·
GM has had plenty of time to engineer a fix for the steering wheel rattle. It appears GM has decided to just let the owners complain.

#4 ·
Mine is having a monthly payment again after not having 1 for 8 years.

#6 ·
Sirius satellite radio reception. This vehicle is by far, the worse I have had for driving down the road. I do live in Western Washington, where there are lots of evergreen trees along the highways, but other vehicles were not impacted.

It is better than previous vehicles in one regard, it works in my garage, which is great! It is nice to have it cranked while keeping that black paint clean of which is a frequent occurrence :)

#11 ·
The storage, or lack of, in the door pockets is annoying to me.

#12 ·
potato,the fact is it is to be used for going around slowbeez who should stay to the right.if this is you get a clue and stay in the right lane.

#15 ·
The satellite radio reception SUCKS! The shifting can be annoying at times as well, it gets a brain fart every now and then on how it wants or not want to shift. With all that I wouldn't trade my truck for nothing!

#30 ·
Another very annoying thing is that the LED strips are not DRLs.

Reactions: Payload
#31 ·
Without a doubt the most annoying thing for me is the widely reported issue of the transmission not downshifting properly. This mostly bothers me when I pull into the passing lane, hit the gas and get a flat response. Bleh. I thought I was done with this when at 1400 miles the problem seemed to disappear. No joy, it's back at 1700 miles. Hoping for a fix, but I wonder if Chevy has even defined this as an issue yet? My dealer told me it's a "fuel savings feature." TFF.

#32 · (Edited)
Honestly, the transmission tuning is really the only thing I don't like about this truck. I have access to HPtuners and there are guys on their board tuning these new GM transmissions with great results. I'm just not ready to kiss my power-train warranty good bye just yet.

On another note there seems to be an update for the transmission shifting but from what people are saying it is for the 5-6 gears only. But people have had it done have noticed an improvement.

Reactions: Twenrick32
#33 ·
I have a Canyon Ex Cab. I wanted the SLT but found a SLE with all the options I would have ordered. Somewhat disappointed that I didn't look further,,,, oh well.

I really don't like the door molding that your heel hits as you extend your left foot to get to the running board. It's going to get shredded. The door handle for the rear door get hit every time I exit. It extends to way too far forward and will wind up getting broken. Storage is a joke in this truck,,,, the center console is severely lacking. Deeper would have been better.

I like the truck much better than my '07, but there are several thing that weren't really thought out.

#34 ·

Annoying: Steering wheel rattle, transmission shifting, cheap dash material, keys banging around when going over bumps/turns.

Wish list: Leather option on Z71, V8 option(I know will never happen), some kind of cool LED driving lights like the Canyon, less obtrusive shift lever, keyless start.
@jeter33 should of got the SLT, it would of shortened your list a little! :grin:
Would you prefer the blinker there? That complaint has come up already.
The Canyon SLE/SLT instrument panel is actually laid out so much better than the Colorado & entry level Canyons. If you pull up the Owner's Manual for the Canyon, you can look at pages 5-8 and 5-9 to compare the two. Much less of an issue with the needles on the Tach & Speedometer blocking various idiot lights.

The storage, or lack of, in the door pockets is annoying to me.
This is probably one of my larger complaints.

Occasionally the transmission/engine tune will not behave as smoothly as I like, but overall it seems to know what i want of it.

#35 ·
The Canyon SLE/SLT instrument panel is actually laid out so much better than the Colorado & entry level Canyons. If you pull up the Owner's Manual for the Canyon, you can look at pages 5-8 and 5-9 to compare the two. Much less of an issue with the needles on the Tach & Speedometer blocking various idiot lights.

This is probably one of my larger complaints.

Occasionally the transmission/engine tune will not behave as smoothly as I like, but overall it seems to know what i want of it.
It does not bother me, I was just pointing out, some people are never happy and only look at things from one side.

#37 ·
Overall, I am very happy with my new Colorado. It may be a bit petty, but I will echo the complaints about storage. The door pockets are a joke - nothing fits in there. And the center console is a bottomless pit. Small complaints considering I love this truck, but it's the little things, ya know. ;)

#40 ·
The most annoying thing that I encounter daily since buying a Canyon is other drivers. Rude, cut you off, they know you'll stop or slowdown or move out of their way. My FS Silverado was a Reg cab 4x4 with no chrome that was only washed about once a year. Stayed covered with dirt and mud like I didn't care about it or have insurance. Had huntin and fishin stickers on the back window. Other drivers did not drive this way around me. Thought they might get hit or whatever. Now that I have the new one, all clean and shiny, and chromed up, seems I'm the one that has to watch the other vehicles a bit closer.

Other that this, no complaints.

#44 ·
Everything keeps breaking. 3000 miles on it and i've had to take it in for an alignment, A/C compressor, seat recall, brake recall, onstar died and had to be fixed, and now i've got an oil leak that I need to leave the truck overnight to be fixed. I've owned 3 chevy colorados and all 3 of them have had way too many issues. The chevy line is the only GM brand i've had issues with. I've owned pontiac, GMC, caddilac, Oldsmobile, but only my chevys give me problems. This is my last one. Once the lease is up i'll never touch a chevy car again. (unless it's a vette!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.