What did you do to your Colorado/Canyon today? - Page 177 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 5770Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3521 of 5828 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 09:28 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayton81 View Post
Pulled the numbers from a dynojet. First of course it was the 3.6 2WD...but I had long tube headers, CAI with ram air, exhaust, a mild cam, ported TB, TQ converter, and custom tune. FACTORY bwhp of course is rated at 305 and at rwhp pulled 273. Also ran 91 octane for which it was tuned to.

Sorry but I'm a HP guy and I couldn't drive a stock Colorado compared to my Camaro....it was always nice watching the Silverado guys get ticked when I would leave them at the light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So headers, a mild cam and ported TB gave you 100hp? IIRC you said you were putting down 375RWhp, yes?
Is it possible for you to scan that printout and throw it up on here?
CrashFix and Ed-Lt like this.

2016 Colorado 2.8L D-max, Crew Cab, Long Bed, Z71, 4WD.
ZONE 5.5" Suspension Lift
Moto Metal 970 17x8.5"
Nitto Terra G-G2s, 295/70/17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3522 of 5828 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermodulation View Post
I've had the 2" drop cushion hitch for about 10 years and has been on multiple vehicles with no issues. I do maintain it by adding 3 in 1 oil to keep it moving freely.
It does help reduce the trailer jolting the truck. Worth it imo.
How does the cushion work? Is there a rubber/neoprene/urethane piece, or does it use some sort of mechanical spring?

I would worry about oil degrading any non-metallic parts.

I don't see a need for the loads I typically haul, but when you start pushing the 7k pound tow capacity, I can see this being a nice addition.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
post #3523 of 5828 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 10:19 AM

The ones that I have seen have a urethane cylinder both fore and aft of a sliding metal piece that the hitch pin goes through. Most are only rated up to 3500 lbs. though there are a few that go up to 5000 lbs. IIRC.

post #3524 of 5828 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokev View Post
HA! Whenever I saw one of those on a ball, I just thought it was a cover

Well, that makes two of us then, cuz I have no idea what it stands for either

I gotta disagree with you. I'm not saying they look good in photos, more that they look bad in photos AND in person. To me, they look like an accord wagon that they simply chopped the roof off behind the rear seats. It's not even a truck for crissakes. Every real truck starts with a FRAME. The obvious reason for this is strength. Trucks need to haul and tow a lotta weight. To tow a lot of weight you need a receiver mounted to a FRAME. To tow and haul a lot of weight you need lotsa TORQUE. In order to have a motor onboard that has a lot of torque, you need a .....F-R-A-M-E. Why you ask? I'll tell ya. Torque is twist. If you [try to] contain a lot of torque with just a (uni) body, you'll twist it into a pretzel.
Jeez...I could go on and on about it being FWD, not having true/real 4wd, but suffice it to say that Honda built a 'truck' for people who buy Hondas.
To those people, a 'truck' is what you use to go to Home Depot and stock up on plants and mulch. With a 'truck' you don't have to dirty the inside of your Civic's truck, and being a Honda, it's no taller than their cars, and most of all, it's not scary to drive like those American, smoke-belching,fuel-slurping, menacing beasts, that there should be laws against
"To those people, a 'truck' is what you use to go to Home Depot and stock up on plants and mulch. " It's a shame not everyone that uses his "truck" isn't a big, mean, macho Bad--- like you. But even with my Colorado I basically just haul my plants, mulch etc from home depot. But then I do occasionally hunt and fish but then again I am 70 years old. AND I'll bet in my lifetime I have pushed the limits in 4 wheel drive vehicles far more than you. A shame we are not as macho and up to your high standards.
hack14u likes this.

St. Louis born and living
post #3525 of 5828 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I gotta disagree with you. I'm not saying they look good in photos, more that they look bad in photos AND in person. To me, they look like an accord wagon that they simply chopped the roof off behind the rear seats. It's not even a truck for crissakes. Every real truck starts with a FRAME. The obvious reason for this is strength. Trucks need to haul and tow a lotta weight. To tow a lot of weight you need a receiver mounted to a FRAME. To tow and haul a lot of weight you need lotsa TORQUE. In order to have a motor onboard that has a lot of torque, you need a .....F-R-A-M-E. Why you ask? I'll tell ya. Torque is twist. If you [try to] contain a lot of torque with just a (uni) body, you'll twist it into a pretzel.
Jeez...I could go on and on about it being FWD, not having true/real 4wd, but suffice it to say that Honda built a 'truck' for people who buy Hondas.
To those people, a 'truck' is what you use to go to Home Depot and stock up on plants and mulch. With a 'truck' you don't have to dirty the inside of your Civic's truck, and being a Honda, it's no taller than their cars, and most of all, it's not scary to drive like those American, smoke-belching,fuel-slurping, menacing beasts, that there should be laws against
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside View Post
"To those people, a 'truck' is what you use to go to Home Depot and stock up on plants and mulch. " It's a shame not everyone that uses his "truck" isn't a big, mean, macho Bad--- like you. But even with my Colorado I basically just haul my plants, mulch etc from home depot. But then I do occasionally hunt and fish but then again I am 70 years old. AND I'll bet in my lifetime I have pushed the limits in 4 wheel drive vehicles far more than you. A shame we are not as macho and up to your high standards.
Guys this is not the place to discuss this, the topic of frame vs unibody vs ridgeline vs truck has been taken up.

And I knew the reviews of the Ridgeline would be like this

Everyone: Lets get back to discussing what people did to* "their" truck.

Thanks
videobored likes this.

2015 Colorado Red Rock Metallic CC Long Bed Z71 4x4
-Mods So Far: Rally Armor UR Plus Flaps, Yellow Tinted Fog Lights, Access Vanish Cover, Linex, EGR Matte Black Wind Deflectors, P3 Brake Controller, MBRP Stainless Steel Cat-Back, Anzo LED Tail-lights, Uniden Bearcat 880 CB w/3' Firestik, Falken ATw3 Wildpeak 265/65R17 tires

Self Diagnosed RC Car/Truck Addict

Site Rules

Last edited by Arctic Cat ZRT; 09-08-2016 at 02:58 PM.
post #3526 of 5828 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Cat ZRT View Post

Everyone: Lets get back to discussing what people did with "their" truck.

Thanks
I thought this was a discussion on what people did "TO" their truck, not WITH it.

I really like seeing some of the mods and various accessories found for the Twins. I probably wouldn't do 90% of what you guys & gals do, and think at least 75% of you are plain nuts, but every once and a while I see some really neat mod that I store away in my memory banks for later.

And for you nut cases, I still love you even if you are nuts.
hack14u and kaiser67 like this.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
post #3527 of 5828 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryBosse View Post
I thought this was a discussion on what people did "TO" their truck, not WITH it.
But... The rules of the game have changed....

Just kidding I fixed my mistake thanks!
videobored likes this.

2015 Colorado Red Rock Metallic CC Long Bed Z71 4x4
-Mods So Far: Rally Armor UR Plus Flaps, Yellow Tinted Fog Lights, Access Vanish Cover, Linex, EGR Matte Black Wind Deflectors, P3 Brake Controller, MBRP Stainless Steel Cat-Back, Anzo LED Tail-lights, Uniden Bearcat 880 CB w/3' Firestik, Falken ATw3 Wildpeak 265/65R17 tires

Self Diagnosed RC Car/Truck Addict

Site Rules
post #3528 of 5828 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 01:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Pulled the numbers from a dynojet. First of course it was the 3.6 2WD...but I had long tube headers, CAI with ram air, exhaust, a mild cam, ported TB, TQ converter, and custom tune. FACTORY bwhp of course is rated at 305 and at rwhp pulled 273. Also ran 91 octane for which it was tuned to.

Sorry but I'm a HP guy and I couldn't drive a stock Colorado compared to my Camaro....it was always nice watching the Silverado guys get ticked when I would leave them at the light
I have to say you must be quite the tuner, you were getting only slightly less power & TONS more torque from a naturally aspirated engine than @WOT-Tuning Trifecta is getting from their Supercharged 3.6L LFX 375 rwhp, 410 tq vs 390.77, 327.6 TRIFECTA: SUPERCHARGED Chevrolet Colorado / GMC Canyon (in progress; May 1st 2015) I don't recall seeing any posts on you doing these mods, do you have a build thread anywhere?

Quote:
So headers, a mild cam and ported TB gave you 100hp? IIRC you said you were putting down 375RWhp, yes?
Is it possible for you to scan that printout and throw it up on here?
I would second this, I would also love to se the dyno sheet. The reported torque number is approaching what Twin Turbo 3.6 LFX's are getting.

2015 Canyon SLT | 4WD | CC | SB | V6 | Summit White | Blk Leather | Nav | Bose | Safety Pkg | Remote Start | 5" Blk Assist Steps | GM Splash Guards | OBDLink MX Bluetooth Adapter & Torque Pro Software | Bull Ring Tie Downs | X-Pel Clear Film (Door Sill & Rear Lower Box) | Husky X-act Contour Front & Back Floor Mats | Z71/All-Terrain Transfer Case Skid Plate | SuperSkidz Front Skid Plate | Rocker Pinch Welds Blacked Out | Debadged | Blizzacks (For Winter)
How to Search vBulletin.org effectively
post #3529 of 5828 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 02:12 PM

My bed cover shipped out of St. Paul yesterday and should be delivered tomorrow. I may be able to get it installed this weekend if the honeydew list does not grow too long and my sore back recovers well enough.
pennhunter and kaiser67 like this.

Last edited by and_steve; 09-08-2016 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Remove deleted post
post #3530 of 5828 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 02:34 PM

Getting back to the actual thread,

Just ordered some steps! Westin black pro traxx 4in oval
Really like the terrain hd and nfab style but couldn't bring myself to spend that much.
pennhunter likes this.

2016 Red Rock LT CC SB v6 4x4

Eibach Shocks all around w/GM rear blocks, Dee Zee bed mat, TruXedo tonneau, Bull rings, Zevo LEDs, Westin steps, Fog Lights w/JDMAstar LED, Rear LED pods, Lumen G7s LED Headlights, Factory Remote Start, Dash Cam w/Invisicord, Husky Liners, Canyon console lid, Black badges and grill, Trifecta

My build thread
Front bumper removal How-To
Rear Shock/lift Blocks How-To
post #3531 of 5828 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashFix View Post
I have to say you must be quite the tuner, you were getting only slightly less power & TONS more torque from a naturally aspirated engine than @WOT-Tuning Trifecta is getting from their Supercharged 3.6L LFX 375 rwhp, 410 tq vs 390.77, 327.6 TRIFECTA: SUPERCHARGED Chevrolet Colorado / GMC Canyon (in progress; May 1st 2015) I don't recall seeing any posts on you doing these mods, do you have a build thread anywhere?

I would second this, I would also love to se the dyno sheet. The reported torque number is approaching what Twin Turbo 3.6 LFX's are getting.

Hmmmm would love to show y'all but don't really care to anymore since I don't have the truck anymore nor he documentation on it. No build thread, better things to do than sit on a computer all day on a forum for that and it wasn't anything spectacular. Believe it or not, your call and it doesn't bother me either way. But trifecta didn't from my knowledge upgrade the torque converter either....

post #3532 of 5828 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 02:59 PM
ADMIN

Garage
Quote:
Hmmmm would love to show y'all but don't really care to anymore since I don't have the truck anymore nor he documentation on it. No build thread, better things to do than sit on a computer all day on a forum for that and it wasn't anything spectacular. Believe it or not, your call and it doesn't bother me either way. But trifecta didn't from my knowledge upgrade the torque converter either....

I'm curious to know how you installed long tube headers onto the LFX engine.
UnlimitedMatt likes this.

2015 Laser Blue Colorado LT
CC, 4X4, V6, SB

Mods:
LED light bar - 32"
HID headlights
LED fog lights
LED high beams
LED reverse lights
LED license plate lights
LED visor lights
LED dome lights
LED switchback front turn signal lights
LED cargo light turn signal conversion
LED bed lights
LED tail lights
LED sidemarkers
Canyon swapped tail lights
Red painted calipers
Supermod ported throttle body
Silver metallic rally stripes
Super Skidz skid plate
Volant CAI

Have a Colorado but want Canyon tail lights? Or vice versa CLICK HERE

***NOTE***
SITE RULES

post #3533 of 5828 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

@yokev and @Southside

Please continue your discussion via private messages. Please don't use all caps to emphasize a word or phrase. It is against the rules. I have asked @yokev not to do this before.

Back on topic please

2011 Colorado CC Z71 2LT 4X4 3.7L with a few mods
post #3534 of 5828 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
And cleaned.

Don't make me come back in here...

As for on topic, I parked it in a parking garage at the hospital. My dad is still in here and I just want to take him home. :(

Resident thread derailer

2016 GMC Canyon SLT: CC SB 4x4

Site Rules

post #3535 of 5828 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by and_steve View Post
And cleaned.

Don't make me come back in here...

As for on topic, I parked it in a parking garage at the hospital. My dad is still in here and I just want to take him home. :(
Sorry to hear about your father.

I cut and spliced and extension for my super short block heater cord. Routed out the grill under the Z71 logo.
post #3536 of 5828 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 04:56 PM
Senior Administrator

Garage
post #3537 of 5828 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 05:06 PM

Garage
Installed LED dome lights and LED license plate lights
post #3538 of 5828 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 06:02 PM

Garage
Installed the diablosport 87 tune. I just want jam the pedal to the floor every time!

lnmrls and hack14u like this.
post #3539 of 5828 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 07:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hckyplayer8 View Post
I cut and spliced and extension for my super short block heater cord. Routed out the grill under the Z71 logo.
It's my understanding the twins have some type of thermostat in the block heater cord, are you sure your not going to cause any problems by cutting & splicing the cord?

Was it fairly easy to route the cord around the aero shutters etc & through the grill (care to post a quick pic)?

I have to get around to doing something similar myself, I hate having the plug end flap against the paint or headlight & I prefer it to exit on the DS of the truck. I was planning on just attaching a short extension cord to the end of the factory cord (maybe zip tying it to prevent it from working loose) & then routing the extension cord through the lower small grill that's below the main grill on the Canyon. I didn't want to mess with the factory cord because of the (apparent) thermostat in it.

2015 Canyon SLT | 4WD | CC | SB | V6 | Summit White | Blk Leather | Nav | Bose | Safety Pkg | Remote Start | 5" Blk Assist Steps | GM Splash Guards | OBDLink MX Bluetooth Adapter & Torque Pro Software | Bull Ring Tie Downs | X-Pel Clear Film (Door Sill & Rear Lower Box) | Husky X-act Contour Front & Back Floor Mats | Z71/All-Terrain Transfer Case Skid Plate | SuperSkidz Front Skid Plate | Rocker Pinch Welds Blacked Out | Debadged | Blizzacks (For Winter)
How to Search vBulletin.org effectively
post #3540 of 5828 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashFix View Post
It's my understanding the twins have some type of thermostat in the block heater cord, are you sure your not going to cause any problems by cutting & splicing the cord?
... I didn't want to mess with the factory cord because of the (apparent) thermostat in it.
If he has the diesel there is no thermostat in the cord, despite the Diesel Supplement Manual saying so. Several of us have confirmed this over in the diesel sub-forum on the thread about adding the block heater.

I have no idea if the V6 has a thermostat in the cord.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode