Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

What did you do to your Colorado/Canyon today?

5M views 28K replies 2K participants last post by  Raptor22 
#1 · (Edited)
I don't know if there's already a thread for this, but it's usually a pretty interesting thread on the other forums that I frequent. What did you do to your Colorado or Canyon today?

#4,042 ·
What size wheel spacers?
1.5". Puts the tread of the tires flush with the fenders, sidewall sticks out some. I think it's the perfect stance for a leveled truck. I tried uploading a pic for you down the side of the truck but this website blows and won't let me do it.

Looks great, same stance I went for, though still shopping for tires. Let me know how you like the falkens after some time on the hwy with em.
Will do. Initial impressions are great; I couldn't be happier. They handle just fine on the road and they are very quiet. We'll see how they do once they wear. They look even better in person.

Reactions: rich7930
#4,043 ·
After going to the bank, I came back to my truck and found a dent/scratch on my rear driver door. Scratch is passed the clear and doubt that it'll be able to be buffed out. I'll get a PDR done and just fill the scratch with touch up paint and sand it down.

That's so not right!
If you need a PDR guy here in Hawaii, Al from Certified Automotive care is awesome, cost about 130, he is mobile and can come to you.

#4,046 ·
Guys I seriously need nerf bars to stop dings like the one above! What are most folks using? What the min inches required to protect doors.

You just need to read through the posts. You posted in this thread and there are hundreds of reviews of the various nerf bars. It really comes down to personal taste and budget. The general consensus is 4" is the needed bar size.

Aftermarket Nerf Bars

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=203105&share_fid=90835&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4,047 ·
Guys I seriously need nerf bars to stop dings like the one above! What are most folks using? What the min inches required to protect doors.

Hate to say it but I don't think that nerf bars would have stopped a door ding that high up the door. I have the 3" oem steps on my canyon and most SUV's and truck doors open at a level above my nerf bars. That's why I park far far away from everyone!

#4,049 ·
Yeah, I have the NFAB 6-step bars. I seriously doubt they would prevent door dings at all. If they were wide enough to be useful in that regard, they would stick out WAAAAAY to far and always be in the way.

#4,050 ·
Could do something like the member towards the bottom of this thread page here.

Placing them lower looks like it would offer just as much protection as your nerf bars would.

#4,051 ·
Since I haven't been keeping up, here are a bunch of things I have done lately.
Bug Shield, Vent Visors, cool Eagle 3-D plate, spray-in bedliner, 2" RC spacer, 5" chrome OEM steps, WT Mudflaps, and detailed today.

Attachments

#4,052 ·
Finally finished the sanding, painting, clear coat, sanding, polishing, sealing, waxing and installing. This was my first try at automotive type painting and I have learned a lot and would do things different next time. It didn't come out perfect and I will most likely redo it to get a better finish. It was fun though!

Attachments

Reactions: hack14u and GKubs
#4,055 ·
I got my first oil change :) . Guys thought something was wrong until they saw it was a diesel.

Plus watched half of deadpool on the in-dash display while they did the service and waited for the filter to show up from service.

#4,056 ·
Added a CB and antenna. routing the cable was the hardest part. I cut into the bar and welded* it back with JB weld With the stubby antenna I can reach about 2 city blocks, I have a bigger antenna when I actually plan on using it. but this works fine most of the time that I use it, which is rarely:grin2:

Attachments

#4,060 ·
That's so not right!
If you need a PDR guy here in Hawaii, Al from Certified Automotive care is awesome, cost about 130, he is mobile and can come to you.
Thanks. I got an appointment for next Tuesday for pro dent Hawaii. They also removed another dent that I had from an aerial during New Years. They did a really good job. Can't even tell where it was. Hopefully this will be the same