Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

What did you do to your Colorado/Canyon today?

5M views 28K replies 2K participants last post by  Raptor22 
#1 · (Edited)
I don't know if there's already a thread for this, but it's usually a pretty interesting thread on the other forums that I frequent. What did you do to your Colorado or Canyon today?

#5,342 ·
finally a non rainy day, did a little clean up.

Attachments

#5,346 ·
Headlight? Are you guys removing your bumpers? You guys doing it that hard way... That being said... 100k in snap on tools, vs my <20 setup... I didn't take off the bumper... I got everything with just one small socket, and one small torx bit.. It's not the value of the tools, it's the brains behind the hand

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Like they say work smarter not harder!

Reactions: hacklerjason
#5,347 ·
Headlight? Are you guys removing your bumpers? You guys doing it that hard way... That being said... 100k in snap on tools, vs my <20 setup... I didn't take off the bumper... I got everything with just one small socket, and one small torx bit.. It's not the value of the tools, it's the brains behind the hand

Yea.... lol. I don't know why some people take the front bumper off. makes no sense. I timed myself today. Had the entire chin spoiler off in 4 minutes. (7 if you count the couple minutes throwing it up on the lift) :grin2:

#5,348 ·
Really sharp. I don't think I've seen a cyber gray cc lb with the black midnight wheels and duratracs. Looks great!

Thank you for the kind words!

#5,350 ·
I don't think this was a 10 year old truck, so probably an XD. It did seem heavier duty than most Titans. Seems like a very heavy truck for a payload just a little higher than my Canyon.

Do they rate the XD in miles per gallon or gallons per mile at that curb weight?

Having loaded over 4 tons on a 1 1/2 ton flatbed before, I guess I can't argue with the comment that he was not over weight by "a crazy amount."

It is interesting to me. For full size trucks, GM, Ford and Ram do dominate the working market. However, I see a fair amount of Titans pressed into what I consider real work. The Tundra seems to be selected more for it's ability to go out and play, rarely see them set up as a working truck.
The reason why is you could not kill the first gen Titans.

#5,352 ·
  • Finished plastidipping the Kobalt shortbox, turned out pretty decent. Reinstalled the Dot-It toolbox light LEDs

• Mounted using @caseih's vinyl protected J-bolt trick to save the bedliner and bedrail.

• Installed 4 bull rings

• Installed JSTAR backup LEDs.

• Soldered the 2/0 AWG wire before hammer crimping both QD terminals. Ready to wire the QD portion of the winch power.
Waiting for parts to rewire the winch to use 2/0 and a lighter, more streamlined remote and plug.

Attachments

#5,355 ·
Installed a Pedal Commander, Blacked out the bow ties and finally committed to getting that lame ass air damn off. Very happy with everything. I found using This little 1/4" offset ratchet wrench made getting into the more difficult spots a lot less difficult.
That's the ******* guy right there! That's the tool that does the 3 hour job in 30 min!

#5,356 ·
That's the ******* guy right there! That's the tool that does the 3 hour job in 30 min!

Yeah it made a huge difference I think. Ended up taking me a little under 45 min. But I had some screws that were a bit muddy and couldn't get the bit into. It went pretty smooth over all and for the most part pretty painless. Definitely worth the few dollars it cost.

#5,357 ·
I'm a FNG here who can't post my own post YET.
Not to mention I'm a seasonal allergy sufferer in the deep south of TX.
I just ordered the cabin a/f for my truck and I have yet been able to find a link (here and the internet) which shows how the cabin air filter is removed and replaced.
I've done this task many times with my other sedans but I just wanted to make sure no screw up with my new baby.
A link or tip would be greatly appreciated.

#5,358 ·
I'm a FNG here who can't post my own post YET.
Not to mention I'm a seasonal allergy sufferer in the deep south of TX.
I just ordered the cabin a/f for my truck and I have yet been able to find a link (here and the internet) which shows how the cabin air filter is removed and replaced.
I've done this task many times with my other sedans but I just wanted to make sure no screw up with my new baby.
A link or tip would be greatly appreciated.
@videopho Please find requested info attached

Attachments

#5,359 ·
I usually have the opposite problem, when putting something back together. I start out with 13 screws but wind up with one extra at the end. I figure it's my way of making whatever it was more efficient. I call them "screwvenirs."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is great! Been there done that.That's my new term when someone asked why I have leftovers. :laugh: