Outer Armrest Cover - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 102Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 227 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 07:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
Thanks, it looks real nice, like belongs there. That is what I'm doing.
I am planning on doing the same. I just hope I can figure out how or remove/replace the old. The directions do not seem clear to me. I've always been a little slow though. ��

Last edited by Mccobk01; 10-30-2015 at 09:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 227 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 08:02 PM
JBT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccobk01 View Post
I am planning on doing the same. I just hope I can figure out how or remove/replace the old. The directions do not se clear to me. I've always been a little slow though. ��
You have to remove the plastic cover from the very back of the console. Where the USB port and 12 volt plug is. That's how you get to the hinge.
Mccobk01 and Rhoppas like this.

2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 V6 4x4 Extended Cab

Last edited by JBT; 10-30-2015 at 08:05 PM.
post #43 of 227 (permalink) Old 10-31-2015, 01:23 PM

Just installed the Canyon armrest on mine. Very simple. Took less than 5 minutes.
JBT and Mccobk01 like this.

2015 Red Rock Colorado WT 4X4 CC Long Box

post #44 of 227 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 04:28 PM

Since I had a received an accessories "gift card" from GM for the issues I was having with my Colorado, I figured using part of it for the Canyon armrest for my Colorado. Went to the dealership and they asked for the VIN (even though I explained what I wanted to do, they asked for a VIN so they can make sure I get the right part). So I found and gave them the VIN to a Canyon SLT from a local GMC dealership that had the same blac top with white stitching and asked for the center console armrest top for this Canyon. They gave me the part #23125404 with the cost of $90. It's supposed to arrive later this week, so when it does I'll report back. I looked around online for the same part # and I've seen it varied from $50-65, so it may just be the top part of the armrest and not the complete lid assembly.

BTW Moonshine, pics you put up looked good! Hopefully it's the same top I ordered.
post #45 of 227 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by havanajoe View Post
Since I had a received an accessories "gift card" from GM for the issues I was having with my Colorado, I figured using part of it for the Canyon armrest for my Colorado. Went to the dealership and they asked for the VIN (even though I explained what I wanted to do, they asked for a VIN so they can make sure I get the right part). So I found and gave them the VIN to a Canyon SLT from a local GMC dealership that had the same blac top with white stitching and asked for the center console armrest top for this Canyon. They gave me the part #23125404 with the cost of $90. It's supposed to arrive later this week, so when it does I'll report back. I looked around online for the same part # and I've seen it varied from $50-65, so it may just be the top part of the armrest and not the complete lid assembly.

BTW Moonshine, pics you put up looked good! Hopefully it's the same top I ordered.
So just got the part in. It is just the top part of the arm rest, not the complete lid assembly that moonshine received. I'll have to remove the lid and unscrew the top part.
JBT and Moonshine like this.
post #46 of 227 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015, 12:13 AM

Garage
Received mine from Group 1 today and installed it. Was a simple install and looks/feels great.
RatRacer likes this.

Last edited by Mccobk01; 11-15-2015 at 11:01 AM.
post #47 of 227 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 11:34 AM

I installed just the top cover last night. If you go that route, be prepared to pry, pry, and pry some more to get the old cover off. It is seriously over engineered. They used four screws and about eight attachment clips, when six screws would have sufficed.

Anyway, the new cover looks and feels much nicer.
RatRacer likes this.

2015 Colorado Ext. Cab Z71 4X4 (4/15 build date):
Bose, nav., sliding rear window, factory spray-in bed liner, fender guards, Rallyarmor UR mudflaps, Truxedo Lo Pro QT, door sill protectors, BNR tune.

post #48 of 227 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 01:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememo View Post
I installed just the top cover last night. If you go that route, be prepared to pry, pry, and pry some more to get the old cover off. It is seriously over engineered. They used four screws and about eight attachment clips, when six screws would have sufficed.

Anyway, the new cover looks and feels much nicer.
I did the same yesterday. Posted pic in the "What did you do today" thread.
post #49 of 227 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 02:39 AM

Garage
Thumbs down Here's a sheet showing the CONSOLE COVER options

Attached, is a list (with photos) of the console cover options I think I figured correctly after re-reading this thread. We wouldn't have to do this if the online stores would have been kind enough to post
P-H-O-T-Os of their products rather than just words.

If any part of the attached is major wrong, let me know and I'll fix it. The prices are approximate and the photos came from previous posts on this forum. Hopefully, this will make the whole issue clearer for everyone, including me, when buying these covers.
Thanks to everyone who posted these photos. We would all be buying the wrong parts had it not been for you!!!!!!!
A picture truly is worth a thousand words --HEAR THAT ONLINE RETAILERS????????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Console Covers.jpg (126.2 KB, 437 views)
RatRacer, Skyshroud, mcush and 3 others like this.

2015 LT 4WD LASER BLUE EXTENDED CAB ORDERED 4/27/15, TPW 5/18/15 & ARRIVED 6/5/15--V6, Leather, 18 in. wheels, navigation, Bose audio, safety package, remote start, sliding back window, factory spray in bedliner, GM soft folding tonneau, running boards, window deflector & hood protector, Weathertech mud flaps, air-dam delete, pinstripe & everything chrome I could order, projection headlights & other "creature comforts" I JUST HAD TO HAVE!!
post #50 of 227 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 08:31 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015 Colorado LT Loaded View Post
Attached, is a list (with photos) of the console cover options I think I figured correctly after re-reading this thread. We wouldn't have to do this if the online stores would have been kind enough to post
P-H-O-T-Os of their products rather than just words.

If any part of the attached is major wrong, let me know and I'll fix it. The prices are approximate and the photos came from previous posts on this forum. Hopefully, this will make the whole issue clearer for everyone, including me, when buying these covers.
Thanks to everyone who posted these photos. We would all be buying the wrong parts had it not been for you!!!!!!!
A picture truly is worth a thousand words --HEAR THAT ONLINE RETAILERS????????
Nice compilation.
post #51 of 227 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 10:21 AM

Part number GM OEM ARMREST 23125404 is currently on National backorder and I couldn't find a dealer that would even order the part. A couple said it was discontinued. Luckily I found one in stock on EBay but if you are looking beware that there may be issues getting these.
post #52 of 227 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 11:43 PM

Installed mine and love it. Much more comfortable and really dresses up the interior.
post #53 of 227 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 10:33 AM

Got mine installed, looks much better than the stock Z71 cover and it was a simple replacement!
post #54 of 227 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 10:53 PM

Today I was shopping for either the 23238938 assy or the 23125404 cover only and the parts houses I talked to said they could not order either one. Evidently all are tied to production or there is a vendor change in progress. ☹️Anyway, unless someone on the forum knows of one that is available I will probably get a black fabric console cover to tie me over until there is some inventory again.

2015 Colorado Yellow V-6 Z71 4X4 SB Crew/Nav/Towing/Sliding R Window/bedliner/3" off-road steps/flares/Xpel/Xstang Trifecta

Truck history:
2002 GMC Sonoma Crewcab 4x4 Yellow ZR5 (new)
1985 GMC High Sierra SB 4x4 Brown/Wht (used)
1983 S-10 Regular Cab, 4X4, V-6, 5spd-man, Black (new)

Current fleet:
2010 RAV4 V-6 Sport AWD
2014 Buick Verano Premium (Turbo)
post #55 of 227 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpster View Post
Part number GM OEM ARMREST 23125404 is currently on National backorder and I couldn't find a dealer that would even order the part. A couple said it was discontinued. Luckily I found one in stock on EBay but if you are looking beware that there may be issues getting these.
Yep, Unavailable. Wish I'd gotten that price. Paid $102 for mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture2.JPG (58.0 KB, 119 views)
post #56 of 227 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 06:26 PM

I just installed part #23238938, the leather w/ white stitching from the canyon SLE/SLT models. It looks great!

The back of the center console really just snaps off easily, I was surprised by that. The entire install took less time than reading this thread looking for the instructions.

Old cover removed

Finished product! Looks excellent!

If anyone is interested in buying the original console cover and hinge unit, I'm selling it in the sales forum: For Sale: 2015 Colorado LT Console Cover + Hinge Unit: $60 shipped
CaryBosse likes this.
post #57 of 227 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 08:37 PM

How much did that cost?
post #58 of 227 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breid59 View Post
How much did that cost?
I got the whole unit (leather console cover with hinge unit) from Group 1 Auto Parts for:

Subtotal:
$108.34
Shipping (United States Post Office Priority - Delivery 3 to 4 business days):
$8.75
Total:
$117.09

I really would have liked to only buy the console cover, but they are on national backorder and I really wanted to get mine swapped out.
post #59 of 227 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 12:29 AM

Garage
I have an SLE. I love the padded cover, but I am looking at having a local shop recover it in dark brown to match the dash. It currently is tan and I know it will get very dirt over time. I am keeping a towel over it now.

Ordered 4-23-15, built 5-21-15, sitting in my driveway 6-8-15. Canyon SLE, crew cab, long bed, 2wd, Bronze Alloy, Cocoa Dune.
Roll N Lock bed cover and cargo manager, custom made tool tray, OEM mud flaps, front windows tinted, running boards, 300 Watt Inverter with Sierra OEM plug, Warning Lights for fire dept, 6K HIDs lows and highs, LED fog light bulbs, 30" LED light bar, 2.5" front lift with 1" rear, Michelin AT/2 265/70/17, custom sports bar with 2 LED light bars, Rigid cargo lights.
post #60 of 227 (permalink) Old 02-13-2016, 02:00 PM

I was at my dealer today and I asked the parts manager about the Canyon armrest cover part number 23125404. He was able to source one from another location in Michigan and have it shipped to their dealership. I asked if they could honor an Internet price, and they did, so I have one on the way for $55 and some change. If anyone else is still looking to do this mod, I'd recommend calling up your dealer parts department, as they still seem to have some stock here and there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode