Mallett Supercharger Kit 3.6L - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Mallett Supercharger Kit 3.6L

Hi guys... Just want to introduce myself... Chuck Mallett. We have a super detailed supercharger kit for 2015 16 17 Colorado and Canyon V6. Will try to get more info up tomorrow... Check the website at Mallett Cars inc. | 200+ mph Daily Drivers

Thanks.
sagbay likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Hey guys. We are now signed on as a site sponsor. Super busy responding to all the direct inquiries on the website but we will try to get on here and answer some questions as well. Get on the website and check it out. The information request form there is usually the best way to contact us. It also lists email and phone.

Mallett Cars inc. | 200+ mph Daily Drivers
Mallett Supercharger Kit - More Power, More Torque & Better MPG on 2015+ Colorado & Canyon
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 02:14 AM

More Details

Do the 100HP and 100 lb-ft gains require the optional exhaust? Will pricing be posted soon? Based on photos of the ZR2 do you know of any components that would make it not fit on a ZR2? With the diesel option costing $3730, this may be appealing if you haven't priced it out of reach for the average Joe with a mortgage and a family. The only con I can think of is GM warranty probably won't like this adder. Any thoughts on that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallett Performance Cars View Post
Hey guys. We are now signed on as a site sponsor. Super busy responding to all the direct inquiries on the website but we will try to get on here and answer some questions as well. Get on the website and check it out. The information request form there is usually the best way to contact us. It also lists email and phone.

Mallett Supercharger Kit - More Power, More Torque & Better MPG on 2015+ Colorado & Canyon

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 08:43 AM
24v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockers View Post
With the diesel option costing $3730, this may be appealing if you haven't priced it out of reach for the average Joe with a mortgage and a family.
I would imagine a kit like this would be almost double that.
The carb EO makes it very interesting to me. I am interested in hearing some feedback from people once they start bolting these on.

post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 10:08 AM

Garage
What are we looking at for a price? A friend of mine bought the truck with the supercharger already installed... just curious how much if I decide to go that route.

BDS 5.5" Lift with Fox Shocks
RBP 94R 18x9 with custom Laser Blue inserts
305/65R18 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 10:35 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerado View Post
What are we looking at for a price? A friend of mine bought the truck with the supercharger already installed... just curious how much if I decide to go that route.
I think in an earlier post $6900...not sure where that post went.

2017 GMC Canyon All Terrain X Quick Silver Metallic
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 10:42 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastStarr68 View Post
I think in an earlier post $6900...not sure where that post went.
Thats a bit pricey considering the RIPP supercharger kit is $4300...
UnlimitedMatt likes this.

BDS 5.5" Lift with Fox Shocks
RBP 94R 18x9 with custom Laser Blue inserts
305/65R18 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 11:31 AM

Garage
Quote:
I have no interest in super charging a truck...some may though. If I wanted a vehicle with that much power, I would want the handling to go along with it. You cannot do that with a truck
dono1 likes this.

post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 12:27 PM

Talking Wouldn' go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24v View Post
I would imagine a kit like this would be almost double that.
The carb EO makes it very interesting to me. I am interested in hearing some feedback from people once they start bolting these on.
I have had the Mallett Supercharger Kit 3.6L since August 2016 not one problem yet. The installation took a day and another half day for tidying up. I opted for GM performance Air Box and large cooling tank with my kit. This kit is everything they claim it to be. I didn't buy this SC to drag race around town with I tow a 7000 lb. Travel trailer pretty often and occasionally Trailers for work although stock the Colorado Z71 was quite capable I preferred a little more performance. The only concern I had after install was the shifting first to second gear was very harsh, Took the truck out for a very spirited drive and has been perfect every since. Pulling 7000 mpg is around 12. No load mpg is like stock or a little better. I'm sure there will be haters but I'm happy.
BenDmax and carolreichert like this.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 12:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 195770 View Post
I have had the Mallett Supercharger Kit 3.6L since August 2016 not one problem yet. The installation took a day and another half day for tidying up. I opted for GM performance Air Box and large cooling tank with my kit. This kit is everything they claim it to be. I didn't buy this SC to drag race around town with I tow a 7000 lb. Travel trailer pretty often and occasionally Trailers for work although stock the Colorado Z71 was quite capable I preferred a little more performance. The only concern I had after install was the shifting first to second gear was very harsh, Took the truck out for a very spirited drive and has been perfect every since. Pulling 7000 mpg is around 12. No load mpg is like stock or a little better. I'm sure there will be haters but I'm happy.
No hating here!!! Like to hear about folks putting out a good product that other folks are pleased with!
carolreichert likes this.

post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Those numbers are on the factory exhaust. We do have some exhaust options that are really nice. We'll get more info up soon about that.

Yes it does fit the ZR2.

As far as the diesel goes... it's hard to even compare them. The diesel is good for what it is, but this is a completely different animal. Our kit has more power, more torque, and it's instant.

Doesn't affect factory warranty.

$6900 base price. We didn't cut any corners to reduce cost. It's just hard to convey that over the internet. The best I can do is point out the fasteners, pulleys, belt, cnc components, intercooler, heat exchanger... We didn't factor in the cost of CARB certification, but that shows you our approach - make it the best it can be. Look at the dyno sheet and you'll see how much power and torque the kit makes throughout the RPM range. You can't get that from a cheaper blower.

BeastStarr... We can make trucks handle. We're 20 minutes from Concord. Come by and we'll convert you.

195770 thanks for posting. I don't have to convince you how nice it is! The trans does have to learn so it can be a little harsh at first. Haven't heard from any haters yet but we're ready.
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:

Hey Chuck this link doesn't work - Mallett Supercharger Kit - More Power, More Torque & Better MPG on 2015+ Colorado & Canyon
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Hey Chuck this link doesn't work - Mallett Supercharger Kit - More Power, More Torque & Better MPG on 2015+ Colorado & Canyon
Weird, it works for me. If you click the first link and click "supercharger kits" at the top of the page, that's where the second link goes.
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 01:36 PM

Computers! working now.
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 05:15 PM
24v

Quote:
You can't compare pricing of a centrifugal supercharger vs a roots blower. The air to water setup and intake manifold alone will add quite a bit of cost to a kit.

post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 05:53 PM

Absolutely true. I cheeped out on my SRT8 Charger with a centrifugal supercharger. The performance is there but it takes up more real estate under the hood and with the belt play annoying rattle sound at idle.
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 06:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Quote:

Can you make my truck handle like my BMW?? You guys going to put out a super charger for the new LGZ engine??
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24v View Post
You can't compare pricing of a centrifugal supercharger vs a roots blower. The air to water setup and intake manifold alone will add quite a bit of cost to a kit.
Exactly. We used the best TVS blower, intercooler, heat exchanger... everything. It cost us more, but it's in another league.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastStarr68 View Post
Can you make my truck handle like my BMW?? You guys going to put out a super charger for the new LGZ engine??
I told you man, come by the shop! We've got trucks here that'll run with any BMW... but you'd probably want to see our Colo with shocks, level, and blower. And this is the LGZ blower. We planned ahead.
BeastStarr68 likes this.
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 03:00 PM

TVS makes a sweet blower...saw a number of setups on LS1/LS2's. Mallet makes good systems. If I was looking for a big bump in power for my truck I would go with a system like that.

2015 Colorado Yellow V-6 Z71 4X4 SB Crew/Nav/Towing/Sliding R Window/bedliner/3" off-road steps/flares/Xpel/Xstang Trifecta

Truck history:
2002 GMC Sonoma Crewcab 4x4 Yellow ZR5 (new)
1985 GMC High Sierra SB 4x4 Brown/Wht (used)
1983 S-10 Regular Cab, 4X4, V-6, 5spd-man, Black (new)

Current fleet:
2010 RAV4 V-6 Sport AWD
2014 Buick Verano Premium (Turbo)
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 10:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
I told you man, come by the shop! We've got trucks here that'll run with any BMW... but you'd probably want to see our Colo with shocks, level, and blower. And this is the LGZ blower. We planned ahead.

So I have a couple questions...

1. Since this "is" the LGZ blower, will it work on the earlier models, without issue?

2. How well does the 4x4 (diffs) hold up with the extra load? Worried that I'd install it and then switch to 4x4 and grenade it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Z71
2016 Subaru Crosstrek Premium
1985 Chevrolet El Camino
1985 Porsche 944

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode