Trading for Ridgeline? - Page 6 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 275Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 388 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 08:12 AM

I don't understand the purpose of these post on a Chevy forum...to rub it in the face of other forum members? That's nice you bought a RL that is having 1st year model growing pains, don't let the door hit you where the sun doesn't shine.

At the very least post in the General Topic forum.
GraniteBlue05 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 388 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 08:24 AM

Good luck with the new ride..I gave the ridgeline consideration also, but I need the towing capacity. My wife has had 3 honda pilots. Never one issue with any of them. Great cars. The ridgeline is a great light duty vehicle that will meet the needs of most. Rides like a car, interior is awesome.
post #103 of 388 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 09:22 AM

The last Ridgeline was OK as a Utility Vehicle, but this new one i will forever see a Minvan with a small truck bed instead of a third row of seating... They should not be in the same class as midsize trucks.
4x4fan, Andrew24 and Midnight16 like this.

post #104 of 388 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 09:22 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac522 View Post
I don't understand the purpose of these post on a Chevy forum...to rub it in the face of other forum members? That's nice you bought a RL that is having 1st year model growing pains, don't let the door hit you where the sun doesn't shine.

Wow...get another cup of coffee!!!!!

2017 GMC Canyon All Terrain X Quick Silver Metallic
post #105 of 388 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 09:28 AM

I saw another Ridgeline as it passed me last week. The rear end actually looked better than I had thought from earlier views. I think it was the color as much as anything, this one was a grey. Not sure you can do much for the front end on the Ridgeline.

If it meets your needs, go for it. Competition is good. Of all of the features mentioned on the Ridgeline that our Twins are lacking, the Homelink, blind spot monitoring and position memory driver seat are the only items I would like to see on my Canyon.

I am with @GraniteBlue05 on this. I remember when pickup trucks were there to do work, not compete with Cadillac or Lincoln for creature comforts. Of course, I remember a lot of buddies buying pickup trucks because they could be had for much less than anything but a Volkswagon bug or anything made by Datsun.

Have the Canyons gone up in price that much? In 2015 prices, a loaded Canyon would have been several thousand dollars under the price of the loaded Ridgeline, and my experience with Honda is you have to search to find a dealership that will actually negotiate with you. Granted, to compare some of the upscale options on the Ridgeline, I really think you have to go to the Denali, and thus you are probably sitting with more comparable price points.

My fear is that by 2020 when I go to replace my Canyon, some of you guys are going to have forced GM into so many luxury options on the Twins that there will not be an affordable trim level with a mid range of options. Will have to choose between stripped and Denali styling.
Reverendbiker and Plateado like this.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
post #106 of 388 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 09:34 AM

Garage
I think allot of folks would be happy with the Ridgeline as it is essentially a SUV with a bed. I think it fits a sweet spot in the market and Honda was very smart for building it. The only problem I have with it is to pretty it up with the options I would want the thing would cost more than the Denali. You are also going to be very limited at what you can tow with a 5000 lb towing capacity, which is pretty standard for an SUV with similar displacement.

post #107 of 388 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 09:46 AM

Garage
I guess if you can get over the looks it's not that bad. A ridgeline would never work for me as I need a vehicle that could take a beating off the pavement. Which is definitely not the ridgeline.

NEW TRUCK
2015 Colorado Crew Cab Z71 4X4 - Summit White
KN 63 Series intake - LineX - 30" GGLighting LED Bar - Front/Rear Adujustable King Shocks - Bajakits +2.5 4x4 Pre Runner Kit - Method Double Standard Wheels - Falken AT3W 285/70/17 - Deaver Mini Pack inserts

OLD TRUCK
2004 Colorado Crew Cab Z85. I5 2wd
5inch CST lift
LIFTED COLORADO CLUB MEMBER # 123
post #108 of 388 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 09:52 AM

It occurs to me that the Ridgeline is a niche vehicle, but it is a big niche. People who don't want a full size truck, don't tow anything too heavy, and want a refined experience. The Ridgeline offers all that in a proven and reliable package that is a good value for the money.

The diesel twins strike me as a niche truck also, but a much smaller niche. A truck that gets excellent fuel economy and can tow a significant but not full size truck load, that fits in my garage.

We live in the golden age of trucks. There really is something for everyone.
post #109 of 388 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 10:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to haulingnothing
I see this as very similar to the subject of SUVs vs. mini-vans. Mini-vans would suit the practical needs of most families better than SUVs, but SUVs are more popular because mini-vans are seen as uncool.

Similarly, a car-like truck (Ridgeline) would suit the practical needs of most small truck buyers better than a traditional body-on-frame truck, but body-on-frame is more popular because it's considered more tough and "truck-like". Guys towing close to 7000 lbs or doing serious offroading are the obvious exception, but let's be honest, they're in the minority.
Reverendbiker likes this.

2016 Colorado - 2WD Extended Cab LT V6 - Laser Blue - Shoreline Edition

Plasti-Dipped badges - Air dam delete - DRL switch mod - OPT7 LED low beams - Moroso catch can - Pedal Commander
post #110 of 388 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 10:13 AM

Found this online this morning regarding the 2017 new trucks.

Highlights -

1. Fiat to introduce a truck to US market that makes the Ridgeline look like a heavy duty truck. El Camino style I guess.

2. Ridgeline is in there 2017 list, but in my view, we have already laid eyes on it as opposed to a couple of the others.

3. Ford Super Duties

4. Ram Power Wagon

5. Major Facelift for the Colorado that no one has seen.

LINK:

5 New Pickup Trucks for 2017 - WheelScene

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
post #111 of 388 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac522 View Post

GM monitors these forums. The reason for the posts in this topic are to let GM know the competition knows how to build a product that will please the consumer. If this wakes GM up, mission accomplished.

2015 GMC Canyon SLT 4x4, Onyx Black, Fold-a-Cover
post #112 of 388 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 10:32 AM

Garage
OP, if it makes you happy then you made the right choice for you.

Now go join a Honda minivan forum...your man card is officially revoked...
mdusen1216 and JScottM like this.

'16 EC LB 3.6L V-6
2" RC leveling kit & 1.25" RC body lift
Airdam delete
Raptorliner DIY bedliner
Method Grid Wheels -Special Thanks to JT@Bajakits with stainless beadlock bolts
Falken Wildpeak AT3 265/70/17
NFAB W2W nerf bars/steps
OEM fog light kit
OEM fender flares

As soon as $$ permits...Bajakits Upper A-arms and King coilovers and rear shocks.

Last edited by Garrettb189; 02-13-2017 at 10:34 AM.
post #113 of 388 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 10:39 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrettb189 View Post

LOL...I have always heard Big Truck....Little ****!!!!!
plym67cuda and Kanjoni like this.

post #114 of 388 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 11:56 AM

Garage
Does the Ridgeline have a physical volume knob for the radio? If not that would be a deal breaker for me. (I.e. some Cadillac SUVs lack this, too.)

2017 GMC Canyon SLT V6 2WD Crew Cab Short Box
post #115 of 388 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 11:58 AM

I used to own a top of the line Ridgeline Touring, black with extra chrome. It looked really sharp and despite being unibody, it was built on a massive tank like structure. Very solid and it drove nice. Towing was good except the V6 engine made it impossible to stay in high gear. Things bothered me though, the foreign Honda name, the sideways engine, 4wd but primary drive was fwd, not body on frame with separate box. The new one looks nice to me but even less truck like. I have no idea how solid it is though. I did sit in one and will be forever jealous of the seats. GM, did you read that last part?
Tractman likes this.

2016 Canyon SLT Crew Cab Shortbox Duramax Diesel, Summit White/Jet Black.

Engine built 1/12/16
Placed order 2/20/16
Dealer ordered 2/25/16
Target Production Week 4/11/16
Built and shipped 4/12/16
Delivered to dealer 4/22/16
Drove it home 4/27/16
post #116 of 388 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrettb189 View Post

ok, now that was funny!

Sent from the butt crack of California.
2016 Colorado 4x4 CC SB V6
AS level/lift 2.5" w/1" rear block, diff drop
275/70-17 Cooper AT3 on MotoMetal 970s
Scary, evil, black, warranty voiding catch can from the devil
post #117 of 388 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 12:41 PM

I just can't get over the styling of the RL. Looks like a truck meant for women, like the jetta of trucks.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
404 Not Found and Binkers78 like this.
post #118 of 388 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 01:03 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerdrnkr View Post
I just can't get over the styling of the RL. Looks like a truck meant for women, like the jetta of trucks.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I agree!! I dont mind what the Ridgeline is all about, but the new styling looks ugly to me. it is not pleasing. the Car like front end and the very sharp slice of the cab to the bed. now if they would have used the front end of the new piloit, then it would look way better, bore like the gen 1 verison.

would i get a Rl, no i dont think so. I wanted very good gas milage so that is why i got the dmax and i wanted a midsize truck, not some sort of hybrid. I want real 4wd when i need and if i need to hual or tow something i can. It fits my needs and family needs.

Thats great for the OP, it fits HIS needs and thats what counts. Congrats on the new ride and i hope it works out well for ya!!
Beerdrnkr likes this.

2016 Colorado Z71 | 4WD | CC | SB | Duramax | Cyber Grey | Nav | Bose | Remote Start | Linex Spay In bed Liner | 3in GM black Assist steps| JDMaster G2 LED lowbeams |Lund Genesis Elite Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover |Upgrades planned: 1.25" zone Level lift or Eilbach pro struts, 255/70/17 Wildpeak AT3W tires, RC 20in LED Light Strip, Bed extender, Window Tint
post #119 of 388 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 01:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to haulingnothing
It doesn't bother me if it looks like a car and has no frame. If Honda made it a two door and extended the bed, I'd trade my truck tomorrow. Love my Colorado, but I want a Maloo so bad! Why does Australia get to have all the fun!?!

2016 Colorado - 2WD Extended Cab LT V6 - Laser Blue - Shoreline Edition

Plasti-Dipped badges - Air dam delete - DRL switch mod - OPT7 LED low beams - Moroso catch can - Pedal Commander
post #120 of 388 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haulingnothing View Post
It doesn't bother me if it looks like a car and has no frame. If Honda made it a two door and extended the bed, I'd trade my truck tomorrow. Love my Colorado, but I want a Maloo so bad! Why does Australia get to have all the fun!?!
Yes. . . . . .THIS - v v v
njacobsen likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode