Opinions on Summit White - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 01:39 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KY Red Rock View Post
Looking for thoughts on Summit White as a truck color.

Thanks!
The white is nice, however, I think it gets a bad rap sometimes. I work in construction and nearly every single work truck is white. So anytime I see a white truck I always associate it with a work truck. Nothing wrong with that, but if you tastefully mod it they look amazing and depart themselves away from that work truck stigma. I've talked about this with a lot of other truck guys who feel the same. But, in the end, this is just MY opinion and you shouldn't care what I think. It just comes down to what makes you happy :)
KY Red Rock likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 01:50 AM

Garage
I got a white Colorado. And so many people on here have one too. And I think I speak for all of us when I say they are bad ass and we love them.

Join the brotherhood...

2016 Colorado WT Crew Cab 2.5L
post #43 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 02:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Here in Arizona, sun reflecting white with dark tint is the official vehicle color.

The tint and black accents really pop on a white truck. If you don't get Nerf bars/steps, you need to paint the body seam under the rocker panels to hide the seam.
That's what I did last summer, I never really noticed it until some were complaining about it on this site. I think it really cleans up the lower body line.

Here's a spliced photo showing half painted & as delivered. I just used brush on Plasti-Dip.

Vinolush and 404 Not Found like this.

2015 Canyon SLT | 4WD | CC | SB | V6 | Summit White | Blk Leather | Nav | Bose | Safety Pkg | Remote Start | 5" Blk Assist Steps | GM Splash Guards | OBDLink MX Bluetooth Adapter & Torque Pro Software | Bull Ring Tie Downs | X-Pel Clear Film (Door Sill & Rear Lower Box) | Husky X-act Contour Front & Back Floor Mats | Z71/All-Terrain Transfer Case Skid Plate | SuperSkidz Front Skid Plate | Rocker Pinch Welds Blacked Out | Debadged | Blizzacks (For Winter)
How to Search vBulletin.org effectively

post #44 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 09:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashFix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Here in Arizona, sun reflecting white with dark tint is the official vehicle color.

The tint and black accents really pop on a white truck. If you don't get Nerf bars/steps, you need to paint the body seam under the rocker panels to hide the seam.
That's what I did last summer, I never really noticed it until some were complaining about it on this site. I think it really cleans up the lower body line.

Here's a spliced photo showing half painted & as delivered. I just used brush on Plasti-Dip.

The seam bugged me too. Your pic got me thinking. I went with Line-X and went up to the bottom edge of the doors (their "off road" package) as well as the factory nerf bars and my bull bar. It gives it the appearance of more ground clearance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4734_1489539570307.jpg (108.3 KB, 55 views)
post #45 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 09:35 PM

i don't think the twins look good in white or silver. darker for smaller trucks.
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 09:49 PM

Garage
Summit White is a great color!
It's a clean, sharp, bright white.
It's also just about the coolest, temperature wise, color too. Try putting your hand on a white vehicle in the sun and then on any other color and you'll see.....
White is the last color picked out of a group of speeding vehicles to be stopped by the PoPo!
My last two full size pickups were Summit White and I was happy with both of 'em.
They were way easy to keep clean, hid dirt better than any other vehicle I can remember, and I don't remember ever using a duster on either of 'em.
My current Copper Red Metallic needs dusted every three days.
If I had not seen this truck in this specific color, I'd probably have Summit White again.

Sure, white CAN be utilitarian or workish looking, BUT it's a blank canvas that can be personalized with ANY thing in ANY color YOU like and is only bound by your imagination.......

And in the end, if YOU like it, that's all that matters!
KY Red Rock and 404 Not Found like this.

CheezyRiderAZ
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is!
post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 02:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HusqyChik View Post
The seam bugged me too. Your pic got me thinking. I went with Line-X and went up to the bottom edge of the doors (their "off road" package) as well as the factory nerf bars and my bull bar. It gives it the appearance of more ground clearance.
@HusqyChik that's an interesting twist & it does give the illusion of more clearance!

Just curious on a few things...

The Twins already have a spray on layer of "Rock Guard" on the lower rocker panel area under the paint, yours must be quite thick now with the Line-X?

And does it extend into the doors/sill area? If so did they do a nice job masking it off?

2015 Canyon SLT | 4WD | CC | SB | V6 | Summit White | Blk Leather | Nav | Bose | Safety Pkg | Remote Start | 5" Blk Assist Steps | GM Splash Guards | OBDLink MX Bluetooth Adapter & Torque Pro Software | Bull Ring Tie Downs | X-Pel Clear Film (Door Sill & Rear Lower Box) | Husky X-act Contour Front & Back Floor Mats | Z71/All-Terrain Transfer Case Skid Plate | SuperSkidz Front Skid Plate | Rocker Pinch Welds Blacked Out | Debadged | Blizzacks (For Winter)
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 02:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pltctycanyon View Post
i don't think the twins look good in white or silver. darker for smaller trucks.

post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 05:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashFix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HusqyChik View Post
@HusqyChik that's an interesting twist & it does give the illusion of more clearance!

Just curious on a few things...

The Twins already have a spray on layer of "Rock Guard" on the lower rocker panel area under the paint, yours must be quite thick now with the Line-X?

And does it extend into the doors/sill area? If so did they do a nice job masking it off?
Yeah, it's thick without the factory coating... must be really thick there. And yes, the rolled into door sills and did a great job taping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4746_1489612848610.jpg (180.7 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4748_1489612884112.jpg (154.9 KB, 51 views)
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 10:35 PM

I love white....but I prefer Arctic white over Summit...the brighter and cleaner the better for me. Not a fan of the ivory or pearled whites...
KY Red Rock likes this.
post #51 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

Another test drive

If all goes well I plan to do another test drive today. Been sick as I've ever been with the flu, and I'm now getting back on my feet, back to work etc... Wife still likes red better though. Not sure what we'll do.

2017 Graphite Metallic Z71 Colorado Crew Cab
3.6L 8sp auto 4x4 with Locking Rear Diff
American Tonneau Tri-Fold Tonno Cover
Bed Rug
Lund 5" Oval Stainless Side Steps
WeatherTech Splash Guards
Finish protected by Chemical Guys & Turtle Wax
post #52 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 07:27 PM

I had a Canyon SLT with lots of chrome. I think it was really sharp.
KY Red Rock likes this.

2015 Canyon SLT/Summit White/2WD (Ordered 2/21)(3/13 Truck Produced Got VIN)(3-27 Truck Delivered)
2010 Tacoma/Magnetic Grey/Prerunner
2000 Dakota/Patriot Blue/4x4
1995 Dakota/Red/4x4
post #53 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 07:48 PM

Garage
I'm part of the white truck = work truck group but color is just a matter of personal preference. Get whatever you like best. Black looks awesome on the lot when the truck is new/clean. Had a blaxk Silverado that looked awesome but never again will I buy a a black vehicle. Too much work to keep it clean. I love the red hot on my Colorado.
KY Red Rock and DemetrioGQ like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode