6Likes
  • 2 Post By Jettcity
  • 1 Post By BahamaTodd
  • 2 Post By BahamaTodd
  • 1 Post By angrynewyorker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Waiting to see the new ZR2

Nissan Frontier owner, 2011 Pro-4X. I really have enjoyed my Frontier over the years and it may soon be time to look at something else.
I have looked at the Toyota Tacoma's and they are nice but I really think GM has them beat this time.
I have talked to my local Chevy dealer about this new ZR2 and I am very interested in it.
Unfortunately, I wont even be able to probably even see one for quite awhile, does anyone know when the dealers will even get the earliest allocations?
I really want to see one, these trucks are going to be very popular.
My dealership wasn't sure how soon they will even be able to get the 1st one on the lot and I am sure they are probably going to sell right away.
I am hoping by this summer more of these trucks will be available.
Nissan has chosen to delay introduction of the new mid-size trucks and it is unfortunate.
Ford ranger isn't going to show up anytime soon either so this leaves the GM trucks the only game in town.
I am in the Pacific Northswest (north of Seattle) and hope to see these trucks soon.
mizeide and Binkers78 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettcity View Post
Nissan Frontier owner, 2011 Pro-4X. I really have enjoyed my Frontier over the years and it may soon be time to look at something else.
I have looked at the Toyota Tacoma's and they are nice but I really think GM has them beat this time.
I have talked to my local Chevy dealer about this new ZR2 and I am very interested in it.
Unfortunately, I wont even be able to probably even see one for quite awhile, does anyone know when the dealers will even get the earliest allocations?
I really want to see one, these trucks are going to be very popular.
My dealership wasn't sure how soon they will even be able to get the 1st one on the lot and I am sure they are probably going to sell right away.
I am hoping by this summer more of these trucks will be available.
Nissan has chosen to delay introduction of the new mid-size trucks and it is unfortunate.
Ford ranger isn't going to show up anytime soon either so this leaves the GM trucks the only game in town.
I am in the Pacific Northswest (north of Seattle) and hope to see these trucks soon.

Hi

Here is what I have learned. #1 most dealers are lacking info or really do not know a lot yet.

The allocations are spread around and while some dealers may have none some have up to two this spring.

As of now there is not really any major demand for these trucks and Chevy expects only about 5% of sales to be the ZR2.

It will be a limited model since we are at the end of the year for this year but next year GM will build what ever is ordered. There will be no limits.

The problem now is many dealers if they have ordered one will not see it till May or June. Then it will be only what they ordered and may not be what you want engine or color.

In truth the ZR2 while called a 2017 really is more a early 2018 as it has some new features like wireless charging that the others will not get till next year.

I have dealt with several dealers and most really are limited on info. Many just ordered it because they could but have no buyer yet. In fact of the dealers I have contacted in my metro area I am the only one asking about it at this point.

Many just do not know about it and two it is not a truck just for anyone with price and options.

I would check it out and if you can't wind one the new orders for the 2018 should be available late May or June for production in early July.

Do not let any dealer gouge you as they will much easier to get next year.

Where the price attracts many of us the price also scares away many others who are just as happy with a cheaper Z71. It is all just in what you want.

I think the wait will be worth it here.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:46 AM
GZB

According to plant spies. they were supposedly already building them a month ago. So the fact that ordering didn't start until last week doesn't mean they won't be popping up here and there soon. Go have a conversation with a couple other dealers and see if you can find someone who knows what the hell they're talking about. It sounds like your local guy would be willing to order one for you, but if you want to ogle the thing first, you'll want a heads-up on someone else's order even if it won't allow a test drive.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 01:16 PM

got a nice poster of one offroading in the latest Chevrolet magazine - I think it's called crossroads or something.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

I contacted 2 local Chevy dealers and got a little information.
One sales associate did say he was going to look into an actual ETA and color for an allocated ZR2 that may be heading to his dealership.
He does not know very much about it but I'll surely like to be there when it rolls off the truck.
The sales associate says they will sell every one they can get, I tend to agree.
I'll surely pass on this information to the forum as any information is certainly good information.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

I just heard the 1st allocation is a Black on black diesel and its still 6 weeks out. That schedule will put these units on lots starting in May.
I don't want a black one or even a diesel but this one will be good to at least look at and see what Chevy is building.
I am sure this is going to be a very nice mid-size truck and will be looking forward to seeing it for the very 1st time.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

The Vancouver auto show is going from 3/28 - 4/2. They had a ZR2 at the Calgary show which just ended yesterday so there's a good chance its headed to Vancouver. Maybe you can contact someone to confirm if it will be there.
Binkers78 likes this.

2004 GMC Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 4x4

Site Rules
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

I messaged the Vancouver auto show Facebook page and they said the ZR2 should be there.
Renthal and Binkers78 like this.

2004 GMC Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 4x4

Site Rules
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 12:54 PM

My dealer was allocated 3 for their entire network of 7 dealerships. They had no one interested except myself when I ordered mine. My salesman said they are holding the other 2 allocations as of right now to see if anyone else wanted to order one rather than just order for stock.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

I don't know what will be more popular for most drivers, the diesel or the gas engine.
The 1st allocation my dealership told me here is coming with the diesel engine and obviously priced accordingly.
I still have to hit one other dealership and see what they got going on, that will be this weekend.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
I don't know what will be more popular for most drivers, the diesel or the gas engine.
The 1st allocation my dealership told me here is coming with the diesel engine and obviously priced accordingly.
I still have to hit one other dealership and see what they got going on, that will be this weekend.

I can tell you what's popular with me, I chose the diesel.
Craigski likes this.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 08:54 PM

That would be unfortunate if only the Diesel models were available on the first pass.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

i spoke with my dealer today in Arlington Wa, (north of me) and The sales associate was pretty excited looking forward to the new trucks in 6 to 8 weeks.
The Colorado line-up is looking very popular and I see more and more of them on the street every day.
My dealer sales associate is assuring me that I'll be notified when they are close to receiving the ZR2 and I'll get to see it possibly order the one I want in the near future.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 11:39 PM

Quote:
i spoke with my dealer today in Arlington Wa, (north of me) and The sales associate was pretty excited looking forward to the new trucks in 6 to 8 weeks.
The Colorado line-up is looking very popular and I see more and more of them on the street every day.
My dealer sales associate is assuring me that I'll be notified when they are close to receiving the ZR2 and I'll get to see it possibly order the one I want in the near future.
They may hit you with MSRP when it arrives. Don't take the bait. Supplies will grow and you will get a better deal by July.

This is not a limited edition vehicle as some dealers want to treat it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode