Jack: Grrrrrr ..... - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 10:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdusen1216 View Post
I will see your cheat and raise you to call GM roadside assistance.
Funny you mention that.
The day after I bought my truck all hell broke loose and it went into limp mode. Limped it home then called Chevy roadside A$$.
After SIX hours of no [tow]truck, and now in danger of the dealer closing I called AAA.
Luckily the dealer stayed open to receive my truck AND paid for the tow
That was my first and only time dealing with them, but since then I've heard of others having like problems with'other
manufacturer's roadside a$$ as well
I get the feeling that they may pay WeLL below what other companies do, and also may not have the maximum wait rule like AAA does.

2016 Colorado 2.8L D-max, Crew Cab, Long Bed, Z71, 4WD.
ZONE 5.5" Suspension Lift
Moto Metal 970 17x8.5"
Nitto Terra G-G2s, 295/70/17

Last edited by yokev; 04-12-2017 at 10:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Just back from having tire pressure sensors reset at the dealer. Also asked about the jack issue as instructed by GM Customer Care. First off, was I putting the jack in the right place? "What jack were you using?" "The OEM one." "Oh, that's just for changing flats - the temporary spare is smaller diameter than the regular tire and will go back on after you pull the flat one off. If you want to actually change wheels you need to by an aftermarket jack. I had to do that with my own truck."

Duh .....

I guess I will keep my blocks of wood.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Nethercote View Post
Just back from having tire pressure sensors reset at the dealer. Also asked about the jack issue as instructed by GM Customer Care. First off, was I putting the jack in the right place? "What jack were you using?" "The OEM one." "Oh, that's just for changing flats - the temporary spare is smaller diameter than the regular tire and will go back on after you pull the flat one off. If you want to actually change wheels you need to by an aftermarket jack. I had to do that with my own truck."

Duh .....

I guess I will keep my blocks of wood.
I want to hear GM come on here and say your dealer is correct: Jack is only good for removing flat, you can't put the repaired tire back on.

Besides, 90% of us have a full size spare, not a "temporary spare" that is undersize.
RatRacer likes this.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover, Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller.

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 11:20 AM

OEM jacks are designed for a perfect world. I carry a block of wood to compensate for having to change a flat on less than solid surfaces.

"Brownstone Bumblebee" 2016 Diesel Colorado Z71 CCSB 4X4, Brownstone Metallic
HPD and Provent 200 Catch Cans, Amsoil Fluids, MetalMan Front Differential, Engine Oil Pan, & Steering Motor Skid Plate, Undercover Swing Cases
Say No! to Wheelers's Offroad!

"I respect everyone's opinion, no matter how wrong it may be."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode