Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

What Options Do You Want GM to Add?

7K views 57 replies 40 participants last post by  blue47 
#1 ·
Everyone has their own wish list, but let's make it easy for GM to see without searching through multiple threads. Who knows, maybe they'll take note? Of course in 99% of the cases, we'd have to pay for this, so keep that in mind when suggesting - as in "Yeah, I'd be willing to pay for that". Here's mine:

110v AC outlet in the cab.
Power sliding rear window with electric defroster.
Power sun roof.
Electric front/rear lockers outside the ZR2 line.
Cordless charging area large enough for Galaxy 8 phone.
Exhaust brake automatic engagement with Tow/Haul.
Power tailgate lock that works with the doors.
Parking assist front and rear.
Lane warning system (let's you know there's someone beside you when you turn on your turn signal).
Push button starting.
Electric folding mirrors.
Tire pressure monitor on the spare tire.

In my defense, should some of these already be available, they were not indicated as such when I was 'building' a ZR2 yesterday.

Anyone else?

See less See more
#5 ·
I think we had a similar thread to this a few weeks ago.

Power lock on tailgate - yes.
8-way power seats
If I have to have a sliding rear window, power for sure. Useless otherwise unless I plan to pay one of my grandkids to ride back there all of the time.
Lane warning system - really liked this on a GMC Acadia I had for a loaner. Not so great on wife's Nissan Rogue it seems.
All around camera function - still learning it on the Rogue, but man, it looks great and solves some of the parking assist questions you have.
Power folding mirrors.

#7 ·
I think the air dam should be an option on the Z71 package. It's just ridiculous for a vehicle to market itself as off-road oriented with that on as standard equipment.

Homelink (or something similar).

LED lights in 100% of the vehicle. Why anyone makes cars with incandescent bulbs in today's day and age is beyond me. (flame away!)

#8 ·
Agree. . . agree. . . and agree.

Homelink should be standard by now Don't care of the air dams either and I only have an LT. I have LED now in all interior lights, headlights, and backup lights. Going to license plate lights soon as I can get around to it.

The interior LED dome and map lights make a huge difference.

#9 ·
8 way leather seating on Z71.
Heated outside mirrors on Z71
Power rear window.
Sunroof.
And a Bose Ipod interface that actually ******* works. My 2010 Silverado functioned flawlessly, the 2016 Colorado functions never.
I feel as if I were mislead and ripped off by GM on this one, as many miles a year as I drive my music is important to me, and GM's own sales brochures boasted of Apple compatibility.
I doubt I would have bought the Colorado had I known GM was feeding me bullshit about the compatibility.

Reactions: Tom S.
#15 ·
This should be standard:

Something in the DIC that lets us know when its in Auto, 4hi, N, 4lo

turn signal repeaters in mirror

tow hooks that stick out further in front(just and inch or so)

LED lights through out truck

Options:
Tow mirrors

Front AND Rear lockers

Higher output USB ports

AC in the cab

tow hooks in rear

8 way power seats

DC in the bed

Full skid plates

#20 ·
Well I am going to use cost as a real consideration here too. We all need to account for the added cost of many of these items would remove value else where in the truck. Yes other models may offer many of these tech things but they make cuts else where that may cost you issues in quality or standard options.

I would have liked to have the option for a sun roof. Alsothe seats should be 8 way as it would resolve the leg support issues.

As for the rest like folding mirrors, push button start etc that would be nice but I really have no care for them.

The door panels are fine for me as I don't crap up the doors anyways with a bunch of garbage.

Ac vents for the rear should have been done as that is a simple fix.

The air damn issue should use the same fasteners as the new ZR 2 fender flairs that are quick release. It would be a cheap and easy fix.

#22 ·
double compartment center console instead of one big hole. Sliding rear window delete. warning lights on mirrors when someone is riding ou blind spot. home link...storage compartments under rear seat. make them 500 to 800 pounds lighter

Reactions: Tom S.
#23 ·
... make them 500 to 800 pounds lighter
I love it. Add 500 lbs of additional options and cut the weight by 500 lbs. The engineers love guys like you in marketing.>:)

#25 ·
Speaking of AC vents, how about ones that angle up higher to actually blow cold air up across the top of the cab and into the rear. As they are configured now, aiming them up as high as they can go, they blow directly into my face which is annoying.

If I wanted air blowing in my face I'll stuck my head out the window like Ace Ventura.

#26 ·
Z71 Rear Window on Extended Cab

On the Colorado Z71 Ext Cab there is a manual open rear window. On the Z71 it comes with a defrost, which is nice. But, I wish I'd of had the option for a full window. I never use my little rear seats in the ext cab for passengers. If for some reason I wanted to open it, I'd have to stop the vehicle, open rear door, open window the shut door get back in and drive. How many folks, having the ext cab, actually do this on a regular basis? I doubt very many.

Two better solutions would have been to offer on the Z71 extended cab the full glass or a power window on the rear. I would have opted out of the manual open rear window if it were an option. This would also provide better visibility. I wonder what the cost would be to switch it out? I'm sure a lot more than I'd be willing to shell out.

Thanks for listening - I feel better already.
Gusto!

#28 ·
On the Colorado Z71 Ext Cab there is a manual open rear window. On the Z71 it comes with a defrost, which is nice. But, I wish I'd of had the option for a full window. I never use my little rear seats in the ext cab for passengers. If for some reason I wanted to open it, I'd have to stop the vehicle, open rear door, open window the shut door get back in and drive. How many folks, having the ext cab, actually do this on a regular basis? I doubt very many.

Two better solutions would have been to offer on the Z71 extended cab the full glass or a power window on the rear. I would have opted out of the manual open rear window if it were an option. This would also provide better visibility. I wonder what the cost would be to switch it out? I'm sure a lot more than I'd be willing to shell out.

Thanks for listening - I feel better already.
Gusto!

Merged your thread into this topic .

#29 · (Edited)
I agree that for many, the rear slider is useless. I also wished it were just a full window as at least an option. It's even worse for the crew cab guys (further back, even for tall guys like me, I'd have to get out to open it).

Luckily, you can get this type of glass from a glass repair shop. I just did an online quote from Safelite. Looks like its about $355 to have it swapped out.
When I was going through the quote process, I selected these options:

(this image was made by combining info from more than one page of the quote process, just to keep it all in one image.)
When I went through their options to compare to what a slider rear window replacement was, they didn't seem to have a "heated" version, and only had these options:

For those options, the pricing was between $750 - $925 :surprise:

I would rather have the fixed rear window, and it happens to be a lot less expensive. (There's also the defroster-less version, and I assume it less, so for those that live in warm states may look into that option.)
For me, if I am replacing a piece of glass, I'd replace my cracked windshield before the perfectly fine rear window. (Although getting them both done at the same time would be a good idea.)

You can quote with Safelite in your area, or really any Auto Glass Repair shop.

There are also aftermarket kits to add power to the rear window if you want that.

#30 ·
4WD indicator in your line of sight, (one that does not require an advanced YOGA move to view).

And maybe some of those conveniences that came standard in the 60 & 70's

Footwell, glove box & under hood lighting...:rofl

#31 ·
So if they added all that, would you be willing to lay out another 6K for a truck?

#44 · (Edited)
Yes I would. My 2015 3500 sticker price was well north of $65000. I don't expect to get optional equipment for free.

BTW: I have taken the liberty of forwarding this thread's address to GM. I can't/won't promise it will do a bit of good, but you never know unless you try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.