Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Looks like the Holden Colorado has gone more "American" style

4K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  hyperv6 
#1 ·
The 2016 version:
[/URL]

The 2017 version:
[/URL]

I would love to buy those lower door bumper strips.

See less See more
#2 ·

I would love to buy those lower door bumper strips.
I'd like those lower bumper strips as well.

If the domestic and international versions could merge, the opportunities for aftermarket suppliers to have a large enough installed base to justify supporting our trucks would grow substantially.

#3 ·
I wonder if merging the markets is the intent? It would save a LOT on tooling costs for GM, and that looks pretty damn good. :)

Reactions: CaryBosse
#11 ·
I don't think it would save on tooling costs. The tools are low quantity anyway (meaning they don't get a "deal" on having another set of tools), and they have to ship the tools to AUS anyway (cheaper to ship the tooling to the AUS factory, rather than 100s of thousands of trucks...) There are also different regulations in both markets, and some designs have to be a little different for each market to meet those regulations. A lot of stuff can (and should) be shared between the different market versions, but I can see why GM has the resources tied to the markets separately.

It would be nice to have the trailblazer come back to the US, but it would slot above the Equinox, and below the Traverse in Chevy's lineup, which is not a huge slot to fill. (Meaning it would be hard to convince GM to give the green light. Although the next gen traverse is larger leaving a good sized gap...)
Although, how many body on frame SUV's there are available to the US market? There's even fewer with a decent Diesel. I think they would sell well, especially if they did a Z71 version that would compete against the Wrangler and 4Runner... We can all dream, right?

#6 ·
It looks better then what we have. My local dealer has put those door gaurds on their trucks along with hood decals and strips, all after market stuff...

#8 ·
It is also interesting that the 2nd Gen Twins were first patterned after the Thai/Holden versions. And now, the design from the U.S. returns to Holden with the obvious changes and additions for that market.

I wonder what other parts might transfer over to the U.S. Twins as more info becomes available?
I wonder if that truck will have HomeLink, better and more useful interior door panels, and a driver side assist handle?
:grin2:

#12 ·
The Trailblazer is going to be built here. It will be built on the same frame as the 2017 GMC Arcadia, which they made smaller then previous years. The Blazer will sit between the Equinox and Traverse, but will not be a body on frame like a SUV is. Look for a 4cyl turbo and a V6 in it withh the 8 speed

Reactions: Brake
#14 ·
There are more differences on the Holden than appears here.

The frame is a little different yet. The bed is still lower as that is only a cap on the z71.

This would not fly well here as it is a little overdone. It is why we now still have a difference.

I agree the tooling cost are small vs engineering cost that sill can be shared.

As for the trailblazer. It still may come in addition to the fwd based model. I am guessing GM is watching to see how the Ford does.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.