Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Fog Light LED Bulbs! Plug & Play! See Install Video! - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
Understandable, but not something I'd recommend personally

Nick C.

D.T.R.L.'S are simply lights on at all times during the day. I looked into it, and the Police Officer I spoke with said, "As long as I see "white lights on , I will not pull a car over". He also added that it was the last thing that they really worry about. Burnt out headlights are a totally different story. The search for the cure continues. Thanks.
Diode Dynamics likes this.

OFFICIAL Z71 PILOT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 02:28 PM

Garage
DD, you should know by now.....pics or it didn't happen.

I didn't see any on your site, could you enlighten us as to how they look?

Quote:
Diode Dynamics is pleased to announce a new color for our popular XML2 fog light -YELLOW! The XML2 utilizes genuine CREE XML2 components, for a true, measured output of 1,420 lumens. 100% plug-and-play. Sizes available include 9005, 9006, H8, H10, H11, H16, and PSX24W.

Thanks!
Nick C.
post #23 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsors

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewabbs View Post
DD, you should know by now.....pics or it didn't happen.

I didn't see any on your site, could you enlighten us as to how they look?
Our new professional photographer just started on Wednesday and hasn't had a chance to photograph these yet.

They are spot on in color and they produce the same output as our other XML2 options

I really like their appearance, even when they are off they look cool

Nick C.

post #24 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 05:56 PM

Garage
I don't see anything listed for the Canyon beyond 2012 on the website. Is everything just the same as the Colorado? Any word on when the yellow fogs will be back in stock?
post #25 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylent_Snyper View Post
I don't see anything listed for the Canyon beyond 2012 on the website. Is everything just the same as the Colorado? Any word on when the yellow fogs will be back in stock?
Are you referring to pre-2012, or 2012 and newer models? We have bulbs available in every major size, we just haven't had a chance to update the Colorado listing to include older model years.

The Yellow XML2s are in stock and ready to ship

Nick C.

post #26 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 01:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Are you referring to pre-2012, or 2012 and newer models? We have bulbs available in every major size, we just haven't had a chance to update the Colorado listing to include older model years.

The Yellow XML2s are in stock and ready to ship

Nick C.
When I go to your site, the quick find drop down have options for GMC - Canyon - 2004 to 2012. There isn't anything newer than 2012 listed for the Canyon.

When I go to the 2015 Colorado, the only option I have for the yellow fog lights LEDs is the XP80 and they are listed as OUT OF STOCK. I'm interested in the yellow XML2s for my Canyon but I can't find them.
post #27 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylent_Snyper View Post
When I go to your site, the quick find drop down have options for GMC - Canyon - 2004 to 2012. There isn't anything newer than 2012 listed for the Canyon.

When I go to the 2015 Colorado, the only option I have for the yellow fog lights LEDs is the XP80 and they are listed as OUT OF STOCK. I'm interested in the yellow XML2s for my Canyon but I can't find them.
We are in the process of updated the website to include more Canyon model-year fitment.

With that being said the 2015+ Canyon uses the same fog light bulb size as the 2015+ Colorado, which is listed here on our site: Fog Light LEDs for 2015-2016 Chevrolet Colorado (pair) - Colorado - Chevrolet - Products By Vehicle

Thank you!

Nick C.

post #28 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 02:03 PM

thank you for the black friday sale. Just put in my $200 order for a bunch of bulbs between my Canyon and the Camaro.
post #29 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellojacket View Post
thank you for the black friday sale. Just put in my $200 order for a bunch of bulbs between my Canyon and the Camaro.
Thank you for ordering with us

We appreciate it and have a great Thanksgiving!!

Nick C.

post #30 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 04:44 PM

Garage
I know you have the HID conversions but will you ever be adding LED high beam replacements? I have all the rest of your LED's except for front turn signals which I hope to add shortly and I would really like to convert my high beams to LED. Thanks! Your products are very well made and so far very easy install.

"Donorado"

2016 Colorado Red Hot Z71
4x4, Crew Cab, Short Bed, 3.6 V6 w/Trifecta Tune Advantage
post #31 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baybilly View Post
I know you have the HID conversions but will you ever be adding LED high beam replacements? I have all the rest of your LED's except for front turn signals which I hope to add shortly and I would really like to convert my high beams to LED. Thanks! Your products are very well made and so far very easy install.
Our XML2's are suitable for high-beam use, although they aren't specifically listed for the Colorado/Canyon's high beam location.

Thank you for your support!

Nick C.
Baybilly likes this.

post #32 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 05:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Our XML2's are suitable for high-beam use, although they aren't specifically listed for the Colorado/Canyon's high beam location.

Thank you for your support!

Nick C.
So basically people are installing high beams for their fog lights. Oncoming traffic must love you guys
Speedtorch likes this.
post #33 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 01:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheActionPlan View Post
So basically people are installing high beams for their fog lights. Oncoming traffic must love you guys
They are certainly bright but surprisingly, I've never had anyone flash me their highs while driving. I've even passed a few cops and was a little worried but they kept on going. I also installed yellow XML2s so that may help a bit as well.
post #34 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 11:14 AM

Garage
Don't get me wrong, I definitely want a pair, but the Canadian dollar is so poor, I have to source it from somewhere north of the border so I don't get hosed with fees, taxes, and duty.

Unless our pals at Diode Dynamics want to offer a cross border discount
post #35 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I definitely want a pair, but the Canadian dollar is so poor, I have to source it from somewhere north of the border so I don't get hosed with fees, taxes, and duty.

If they do, I'll go in with you....

OFFICIAL Z71 PILOT
post #36 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 01:57 PM

Garage
Quote:

I would think smuggling across our northern border would be much easier than smuggling across our southern border.... and that seems to happen a lot!
post #37 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

We have plenty of authorized dealers in Canada with exceptional reputations and installation skills.

If you need a referral, feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.

Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 01-15-2016 at 06:02 PM.
post #38 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Customer Submitted photo with Yellow XML2 Installed

Nick C.

post #39 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 04:50 PM

Garage
I just got done installing the HID 5000k conversion kit which looks awesome with the XML2 Fogs Lights. Can't wait to check it out tonight.

Based on what I read below, Can I put the same XML2 LEDs in my high beams to even everything out? Is that correct? If so I am ordering the switchbacks and the XML2 LEDs for high beams today.

I also need the lic. plate leds to match the reverse lights LEDs that went on with the fogs. The stock lic. plate lights look very blah and outdated now.

16' Trail Boss with all of the goodies: K&N Intake removed - Loudest intake EVER, K&N Drop-In, Weather Tech Mud Flaps, Valentine One Mirror install, Diode Dynamics LEDs 5000k: (Low(HID), Fogs(XML2), Reverse(XP50), Switchbacks, Lic. Plate, Full Interior,...), More coming...
post #40 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlboss View Post
I just got done installing the HID 5000k conversion kit which looks awesome with the XML2 Fogs Lights. Can't wait to check it out tonight.

Based on what I read below, Can I put the same XML2 LEDs in my high beams to even everything out? Is that correct? If so I am ordering the switchbacks and the XML2 LEDs for high beams today.

I also need the lic. plate leds to match the reverse lights LEDs that went on with the fogs. The stock lic. plate lights look very blah and outdated now.
The XML2s are suitable for high-beam use. They produce plenty of output for that location.

License plate should be a simple 194 bulb replacement

Thanks!
Nick C.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode