Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Fog Light LED Bulbs! Plug & Play! See Install Video! - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 10Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 06:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Chester Springs, Pa
Posts: 79
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
The XML2s are suitable for high-beam use. They produce plenty of output for that location.

License plate should be a simple 194 bulb replacement

Thanks!
Nick C.
not to be redundant, but just to make sure. The XML2's have a large piece on the back them, will this fit inside the factory dust cover? Also, are they a direct replacement in the factory housing i.e. twist and lock in place like the fogs? what connector is required as well? i assume it isn't the same 5202 in the fogs. Is it an H11B like the headlights?
ENYPDE likes this.

16' Trail Boss with all of the goodies: K&N Intake removed - Loudest intake EVER, K&N Drop-In, Weather Tech Mud Flaps, Valentine One Mirror install, Diode Dynamics LEDs 5000k: (Low(HID), Fogs(XML2), Reverse(XP50), Switchbacks, Lic. Plate, Full Interior,...), More coming...
trlboss is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsors
 
Diode Dynamics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlboss View Post
not to be redundant, but just to make sure. The XML2's have a large piece on the back them, will this fit inside the factory dust cover? Also, are they a direct replacement in the factory housing i.e. twist and lock in place like the fogs? what connector is required as well? i assume it isn't the same 5202 in the fogs. Is it an H11B like the headlights?
The XML2 will require some additional clearance, to account for the larger heat sink

We have XML2 available in most major sizes, which will plug directly into the factory socket.

If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.

Diode Dynamics is offline  
post #43 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 12:55 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Chester Springs, Pa
Posts: 79
Garage
I would update your site so that when you buy the switchbacks for turn signals the required resistors are automatically added or just included in purchase and increase price to accommodate.
trlboss is offline  
post #44 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsors
 
Diode Dynamics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlboss View Post
I would update your site so that when you buy the switchbacks for turn signals the required resistors are automatically added or just included in purchase and increase price to accommodate.
Resistors aren't 100% required for the switchbacks to function. However, they will be needed to prevent hyperflash from occurring.

Nick C.

Diode Dynamics is offline  
post #45 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 09:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Chester Springs, Pa
Posts: 79
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
Resistors aren't 100% required for the switchbacks to function. However, they will be needed to prevent hyperflash from occurring.

Nick C.
exactly why I ask that the site be updated with maybe a note of that potential requirement to prevent hyperflash and a drop down option for the resistor. You do that for upgraded harness for the HIDs. If it is seen as an option with a warning about hyperflash, someone would be more inclined to question it and order it as a requirement.
Jerkyking likes this.

16' Trail Boss with all of the goodies: K&N Intake removed - Loudest intake EVER, K&N Drop-In, Weather Tech Mud Flaps, Valentine One Mirror install, Diode Dynamics LEDs 5000k: (Low(HID), Fogs(XML2), Reverse(XP50), Switchbacks, Lic. Plate, Full Interior,...), More coming...
trlboss is offline  
post #46 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsors
 
Diode Dynamics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlboss View Post
exactly why I ask that the site be updated with maybe a note of that potential requirement to prevent hyperflash and a drop down option for the resistor. You do that for upgraded harness for the HIDs. If it is seen as an option with a warning about hyperflash, someone would be more inclined to question it and order it as a requirement.
We have a note on the listing, as well as a YouTube video with a Colorado with an explanation, but I'll talk to our team and see if we can add updates.

Thanks!
Nick C.

Diode Dynamics is offline  
post #47 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsors
 
Diode Dynamics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 208


Customer Submitted Photo

Diode Dynamics is offline  
post #48 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 08:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 60
Garage
What light options are on that truck
hydrolmn is offline  
post #49 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsors
 
Diode Dynamics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrolmn View Post
What light options are on that truck
I believe this Colorado has our HID conversion kit for the low beams, Switchback turn signals, and XML2 plug and play LED fog lights

Nick C.

Diode Dynamics is offline  
post #50 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsors
 
Diode Dynamics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 208


Customer Submitted Image

Diode Dynamics is offline  
post #51 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 10:57 PM
Senior Member
 
robbpoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 163
Garage
I am not a color connoisseur. What color XML2's will most closely match the projector headlights on my 2016 Colorado Z71 Trail Boss. Few things are more annoying than different colored lights on a vehicle.
Diode Dynamics likes this.

2016 Colorado
Red Hot Trail Boss
robbpoe is offline  
post #52 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 11:39 PM
Senior Member
 
ENYPDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: NYC
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbpoe View Post
I am not a color connoisseur. What color XML2's will most closely match the projector headlights on my 2016 Colorado Z71 Trail Boss. Few things are more annoying than different colored lights on a vehicle.


Factory bulbs or HID? I have the XML2's on my Trail Boss

ENYPDE is offline  
post #53 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 11:47 PM
Senior Member
 
ENYPDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: NYC
Posts: 154
All my bulbs are 6000k
ENYPDE is offline  
post #54 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsors
 
Diode Dynamics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbpoe View Post
I am not a color connoisseur. What color XML2's will most closely match the projector headlights on my 2016 Colorado Z71 Trail Boss. Few things are more annoying than different colored lights on a vehicle.
If you have factory equipped HID lighting, 5000K will be the best looking match IMO. Keep in mind, none of our products will have much of a "bluish" tint like you see on lower quality options claiming to be 5000 or 6000K in color.

I personally prefer 5000K:



Thank you!
Nick C.

Diode Dynamics is offline  
post #55 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 02:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 50
Low beams are HID?? I thought they were just projectors?
NormWild is offline  
post #56 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsors
 
Diode Dynamics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormWild View Post
Low beams are HID?? I thought they were just projectors?
Projector refers to the actual style of the housing. You can have factory projector style housings with halogen-equipped lighting, or factory projectors with HID lighting

Thanks!
Nick C.

Diode Dynamics is offline  
post #57 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 03:03 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
Projector refers to the actual style of the housing. You can have factory projector style housings with halogen-equipped lighting, or factory projectors with HID lighting

Thanks!
Nick C.

HID lighting was never listed as an option for my 2016, just checked again. Not listed anywhere. What package includes HID?
NormWild is offline  
post #58 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsors
 
Diode Dynamics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormWild View Post
HID lighting was never listed as an option for my 2016, just checked again. Not listed anywhere. What package includes HID?
I was just saying, in general, not specifically for the Colorado or Canyon, my apologies

Nick C.

Diode Dynamics is offline  
post #59 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 10:12 PM
ADMIN

 
Blue15ColoradoLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sayreville, NJ
Posts: 2,196
Garage
do you have any current sales going on or coming up at all?

2015 Laser Blue Colorado LT
CC, 4X4, V6, SB

Mods:
LED light bar - 32"
HID headlights
LED fog lights
LED high beams
LED reverse lights
LED license plate lights
LED visor lights
LED dome lights
LED switchback front turn signal lights
LED cargo light turn signal conversion
LED bed lights
LED tail lights
LED sidemarkers
Canyon swapped tail lights
Red painted calipers
Supermod ported throttle body
Silver metallic rally stripes
Super Skidz skid plate
Volant CAI

Have a Colorado but want Canyon tail lights? Or vice versa CLICK HERE

***NOTE***
SITE RULES

Blue15ColoradoLT is online now  
post #60 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsors
 
Diode Dynamics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue15ColoradoLT View Post
do you have any current sales going on or coming up at all?
We offer free-shipping for U.S. forum members, please send us a PM for the discount

Thank you!
Nick C.

Diode Dynamics is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome