Video: 2015+ Colorado Switchback Front Turn LEDs! Major Front-End Upgrade! - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By kevbz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsors

Arrow Video: 2015+ Colorado Switchback Front Turn LEDs! Major Front-End Upgrade!

2015 Chevrolet Colorado Switchback LED

At Diode Dynamics, we carry a full line of LED bulbs, including these unique dual-color switchback LEDs! Our HP24 is a brand new design, and the brightest available on the market, designed by our engineering team in St. Louis, Missouri. Your order will ship same day, and we're here if you need us for support and service. Every bulb carries with it a three-year limited warranty.

Your purchase includes two 7443-size turn signal bulbs, for perfect fitment in all 2015+ Colorado models.

Resistors, as mentioned in the video, are required to prevent hyperflash.

This includes a pair of front turn signal bulbs which are "switchback," a unique, specialty design. When this bulb is on as normal, with your parking lights or headlights, it shines a nice, pure white color. Anytime you activate the turn signals, it flashes bright amber. Two colors in one bulb, for an awesome lighting effect!

LED Components. Diode Dynamics uses only the highest quality LED chips in the production of its bulbs. This means we use only brand-name suppliers, and we tightly control color temperatures with our in-house testing equipment. One sign of low-grade LEDs is a very blue color tone, or mismatched bulbs. Our LEDs will always be uniform in color, with bright whites, rather than sharp blues.

Design. Although LED technology allows for extremely long bulb life, the market is flooded with cheap, generic LED bulbs that fail prematurely due to inferior design and construction. Even bulbs from reputable suppliers are simply standard designs from Asia. They may work, but they are not designed with automotive circuits and applications in mind, so they will always fail within a few years of use.

At Diode Dynamics, we specialize only in lighting, so we have invested in developing quality products. Our engineering team designs bulbs to withstand the harsh automotive environments, both electrically and physically. Our bulbs will distribute light more evenly than standard "tower" designs, and they will last much longer than simple LEDs, powered by basic, cheap circuitry. By using advanced, LED-specific integrated regulation circuits in our bulbs, they are designed to last for years to come.

Off-brand, cheap bulbs also exhibit poor construction quality, as they are often hand-assembled. Quality control is often lax, as the poor construction really won't be noticeable until a bulb fails after only a few months of use. However, common visible problems include poor solder uniformity, high levels of flux in the solder, uneven chip placement, low-gauge terminal wires and terminal alignment, and bulbs held together with inferior adhesives. At best, solder joints will crack and fail on low-quality LEDs after a few weeks of use. In the worst case, these bulbs can damage housings as the extra flux and adhesive evaporates and creates a residue on the lens of the housing. Diode Dynamics bulbs will not exhibit these problems, as they are assembled with much more rigorous standards of quality control, with modern, computerized equipment, and only the best materials, to ensure the highest levels of quality and performance possible.

All Diode Dynamics products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited replacement warranty.

Questions? Feel free to ask here, PM, email contact@diodedynamics.com or call us: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thank you!
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Customer submitted image

Nick C.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 10:05 AM

Still wish you guys had a kit to convert my "DTRL'S" to my fog lights. A set of your "LED'S" would be so cool as fog light "DTRL'S....

OFFICIAL Z71 PILOT
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAIGER View Post
Still wish you guys had a kit to convert my "DTRL'S" to my fog lights. A set of your "LED'S" would be so cool as fog light "DTRL'S....
I'm not sure running just fog lights as DRLs would be road legal in Canada, but in some states here in the US, you have to have low-beams on with your fog lights

Nick C.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 10:15 AM

It is legal. I checked.

OFFICIAL Z71 PILOT
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

I wish it were that simple

I don't think your local law enforcement would fall for that one lol

Nick C.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 07:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post

Looky there, thats my truck...I'm famous, well maybe not.

Here's Diode Dynamics HP48 6000K fogs to match the switchbacks I just added last week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160411_205723.jpg (118.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 20160411_205031.jpg (44.2 KB, 33 views)
Diode Dynamics likes this.

2016 Cyber Grey Colorado Z71, 4x4, CCSB, Bose, nav, trailer package

BDS 5.5" lift, 20% tint, Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/65/18, Fuel 18x9 Recoils, 5" running boards, K&N CAI, Air dam trimdown to aprox 2" lip, Weatherguard black saddlebox, GM floor liners front and back. LineX

HID conversions, interior LED swap, cargo, reverse, lic plate, fog lights, and switch-back LED's, Rough Country LED bar, toolbox lights, bed rail LEDs, Canyon leather armrest swap
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevbz View Post
Looky there, thats my truck...I'm famous, well maybe not.

Here's Diode Dynamics HP48 6000K fogs to match the switchbacks I just added last week.
Great looking truck! Thank you for posting pictures as well

Nick C.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Don't miss out on this year's biggest sale!

Use code: "BLACKFRIDAY" for 20% off your entire order!

*Cannot be combined with any additional codes

Thank you,
Nick C.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:44 PM

Garage
I would love to see a video of these with the flashers engaged to help me decide if I want the straight amber or the amber/white ones

2017 Colorado Z71 (2WD), Cajun Red, V6, Tow, GM Sportbar w/lights, Vinyl "Performance" striping, Westin Nerf Bars, BAK Revolver X2 roll up bed cover (modified).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode