Summit White owners...come on in... - Page 13 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 250Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #241 of 250 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 08:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: S.W. Florida
Posts: 2,566
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HusqyChik View Post
2017 Z71 with factory nerf bars and fender flares. I added the Go Rhino LC2, BAK Revolver tonneau and a bed extender. Just got it back from LineX today. I wanted something to cover up the ugly white pinch weld below th cab. After some discussion I went up to the bottom edge of the doors, as well as doing the nerf bar and bull bar. I plan to keep it a while and didn't want to battle the rust that I'd eventually get from stone chips. The guys at LineX couldn't get the plastic caps back on the back edge of the front fenders. I'm hoping a little careful trimming and installing on a hot day (for flexibility) will get it done. I may have to find some other fasteners too, an luckily have the ability to see and handle pretty near everything there is available where I work. I'm sure I can find a way to make them fit.
Nice toy hauler. Looks great with the rockers coated. Just ordered the same tonneau for mine and the wife's truck. Fastenal employed?
RatRacer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #242 of 250 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 08:20 AM
Junior Member
 
HusqyChik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 29
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatRacer View Post
Nice toy hauler. Looks great with the rockers coated. Just ordered the same tonneau for mine and the wife's truck. Fastenal employed?
Nope, GM. I get to see cars before the rest of the world does.

I didn't necessarily want to spend as much as I did for a cover, but the BAK Revolver was the perfect package of everything I wanted. Secure, easy to operate for one person, rolls up exposing basically the entire bed without totally blocking the view out the rear window, no extra bars or supports to remove, no velcro or snaps, bonus access to stake pockets if I do eventually decide to carry the kayaks (currently stow in the Astro van (just poke out the back door a bit) or on the rack on top of the bike trailer.
RatRacer likes this.
HusqyChik is offline  
post #243 of 250 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 08:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: S.W. Florida
Posts: 2,566
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HusqyChik View Post
Nope, GM. I get to see cars before the rest of the world does.

I didn't necessarily want to spend as much as I did for a cover, but the BAK Revolver was the perfect package of everything I wanted. Secure, easy to operate for one person, rolls up exposing basically the entire bed without totally blocking the view out the rear window, no extra bars or supports to remove, no velcro or snaps, bonus access to stake pockets if I do eventually decide to carry the kayaks (currently stow in the Astro van (just poke out the back door a bit) or on the rack on top of the bike trailer.
Same reasoning here. I had the BakFlip VP, which has the same look, but is hard paneled. For some reason, they chintz on build materials, and it falls apart after 16 months in the sun, plus blocks view. I hope you didn't pay the high 8 to low 9 price, because poking around here would have you paying under 8.
RatRacer is offline  
 
post #244 of 250 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 09:04 AM
Junior Member
 
HusqyChik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 29
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatRacer View Post
Same reasoning here. I had the BakFlip VP, which has the same look, but is hard paneled. For some reason, they chintz on build materials, and it falls apart after 16 months in the sun, plus blocks view. I hope you didn't pay the high 8 to low 9 price, because poking around here would have you paying under 8.
I know I could have found it for less, but I went for the "installed" option. The price wasn't horrible (under 9 installed). I live away from home during the week for work (plant closed, got transferred). Never have enough time at home, and no resources away from home (no garage, few tools, and a strict "no working on cars in the parking lot" condo association policy). On a happy note, I'm one of the few I work with who lives within their means and doesn't overextend themselves so paying a little extra isn't so bad... and installers gotta eat too, right?
RatRacer likes this.
HusqyChik is offline  
post #245 of 250 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 09:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: S.W. Florida
Posts: 2,566
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HusqyChik View Post
I know I could have found it for less, but I went for the "installed" option. The price wasn't horrible (under 9 installed). I live away from home during the week for work (plant closed, got transferred). Never have enough time at home, and no resources away from home (no garage, few tools, and a strict "no working on cars in the parking lot" condo association policy). On a happy note, I'm one of the few I work with who lives within their means and doesn't overextend themselves so paying a little extra isn't so bad... and installers gotta eat too, right?
Understandable situation, and compromise. Gotta do what you gotta do.
RatRacer is offline  
post #246 of 250 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 09:43 AM
Junior Member
 
HusqyChik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 29
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatRacer View Post
Understandable situation, and compromise. Gotta do what you gotta do.
Yep, not afraid to pick up tools. I do all my own work on my bikes (except suspension, we have a guy for that). I jet carbs, split cases, rebuild transmissions (some with assistance from the better half).
RatRacer likes this.
HusqyChik is offline  
post #247 of 250 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 12:26 PM
Junior Member
 
HusqyChik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 29
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HusqyChik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyNC View Post
Looks good. Would be nice to see a more close-up pic set of the Line-X along the lower door/pinch weld. This is what GM should have done to begin with, at least on the pinch weld!
I will be getting some more pics soon... weather hasn't been cooperative. I would much rather take pics at 60 degrees (what it was when I bought the truck) than the 20 degrees it's been the last few days. I can honestly say I've never been *this* excited over a vehicle. Normally I buy it, drive it, and never add anything extra. This is FUN! My husband is cracking me up as he's dang near as excited as I am (and the reason I even have a new vehicle... it was totally spontaneous).
Let me know if you want any other specific pics. Excuse the salt film.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4745_1488648290565.jpg (167.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4747_1488648331759.jpg (172.0 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4748_1488648358928.jpg (154.9 KB, 32 views)
HusqyChik is offline  
post #248 of 250 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 08:18 PM
Senior Member
 
WhiteShadowZ71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 343
Garage
Send a message via AIM to WhiteShadowZ71 Send a message via MSN to WhiteShadowZ71
Updates on mine (only thing added was window vent shades)
JBT likes this.
WhiteShadowZ71 is offline  
post #249 of 250 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 05:33 PM
Junior Member
 
Texas tc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Corinth Texas
Posts: 6
My Canyon SLE with Raceline wheels
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3924_1488925907115.jpg (129.3 KB, 35 views)
JBT likes this.
Texas tc is offline  
post #250 of 250 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 01:28 PM
Junior Member
 
Cory.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 19
Got it a few weeks ago, loving it so far! Only changes I plan on making include front window tint to match the rear windows (already done), 4300k HIDs, and a tonneau cover.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1918.jpg (485.1 KB, 28 views)
CanyonITHAULS likes this.
Cory. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome