Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

White Z71 mods almost complete (pics)

6K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Toughsox 
#1 · (Edited)
Have had the truck just over 2 weeks and most of my planned mods are complete: GM 18" accessory wheels, black bowtie center caps, red brake calipers (painted), black bowties (front and rear), gloss black vinyl stripes on hood, front bumper and tailgate, black chevy (bowtie embossed) hitch plug cover, bullet spray-in bed liner and (1)set of GM cargo tie down rings. I've got the Chevy roll-up tonneau cover yet to be installed. Still want to add some version of dual exhaust, haven't decided exactly how just yet. I know the stripes aren't for everyone but I like them.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Or silver on my black truck? White is a blank canvas. Looks great. I think the original Z71 wheels would be my only change in the package. Not really a fan of those 18's, but they do blend in with the other changes.

#5 ·
Did you get the stripes custom cut and put on backers, or was it just roll stock?

#6 ·
very tasteful and not too overdone - I like it :wink2:

Bonus points for being extremely clean

#14 ·
Love your 18 inch wheels. Did you build those in with your truck or order after the fact? Give me your thoughts on them if you don't mind. I'm currently speaking with a guy who specializes in refinishing factory wheels and I want that color. What you best describe the color in person of those 18s?

Thanks
Don

#15 ·
I bought them from a fellow forum member for WAY cheaper than $2500 ;-) The wheels are kind of hard to describe, the 5 main "spokes" actually have a brushed, polished metal "insert" that is clear coated and the rest of the wheel is painted a matching silver/ clearcoat.

#19 ·
Those add-on tie down hooks you show in that last picture. Were they direct from GM or did you get those after market.

Also, as the truck was sprayed at the factory, was it a pain to get to the holes or did you have to cut them in yourself?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.