Calling All Brownstone Owners - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Calling All Brownstone Owners

Alright so every other color seems to be doing it, so no reason we shouldnt be showing off the best color. The more mods the better, I want to see how options and accessories look on this color, and I am sure most others will as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150509_120631 (1).jpg (301.5 KB, 580 views)
4RunFun and DemetrioGQ like this.

Do What You Do And Pay For Your Sins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 02:30 PM

Garage
This is really an overlooked color on this truck IMO. Those wheels look great with that color.

"Ideals are peaceful...History is violent"
2015 Cardinal Red Canyon SLT- All Options + Line-X Spray-In Bed Liner - 3M Full Front/Half Hood Clear Bra - ReTrax Pro Retractable Tonneau Cover - 5" Chrome Assist Steps
post #3 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 03:15 PM

Here you go...shown with American Tonneau tri-fold in retracted position and bed extender deployed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed3.jpg (63.6 KB, 529 views)

post #4 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBender View Post
This is really an overlooked color on this truck IMO. Those wheels look great with that color.
My sentiments exactly. I looked at the LT with this color but that color pops so much with the Z71.

post #5 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Illinois View Post
I wish I had a brown truck. :(
Can't have mine

post #6 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownstoneZ71 View Post
Here you go...shown with American Tonneau tri-fold in retracted position and bed extender deployed.
I have thought about getting the bed extender to maybe remedy some bed length issues (I have SB as well). Looks very good, thank you for posting it!

post #7 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 04:40 PM

I think the Brownstone is my favorite color for the twins. It will be the color I look for when the time comes.
post #8 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 05:52 PM

post #9 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Illinois View Post
Sounds like another thread started by a kid who thinks GM products is the best thing to come along since Capt. Crunch cereal.
Honestly, I don't think that comment was warranted. We're all sympathetic that your experience has been unsatisfactory. At some point, you will likely find that trying to cast any positive owner experience(and there are many) in a negative light is only going to cause other members to perceive you in a negative light. It would likely be a better use of that time and energy if you were to spend it on securing a solution to your issue.
post #10 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 07:08 PM

Garage
Here is mine 30 min after coming home. I will post current photos later.

k7tnt and DemetrioGQ like this.

Ordered 4-23-15, built 5-21-15, sitting in my driveway 6-8-15. Canyon SLE, crew cab, long bed, 2wd, Bronze Alloy, Cocoa Dune.
Roll N Lock bed cover and cargo manager, custom made tool tray, OEM mud flaps, front windows tinted, running boards, 300 Watt Inverter with Sierra OEM plug, Warning Lights for fire dept, 6K HIDs lows and highs, LED fog light bulbs, 30" LED light bar, 2.5" front lift with 1" rear, Michelin AT/2 265/70/17, custom sports bar with 2 LED light bars, Rigid cargo lights.
post #11 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by team helotes View Post
Here is mine 30 min after coming home. I will post current photos later.
That's a great looking truck. Is "Bronze Alloy" as named by GMC exactly the same color as "Brownstone Metallic" in the Chevrolet line? From the photo, I would say so, but have never seen that color Canyon in person.

Last edited by BrownstoneZ71; 07-22-2015 at 09:21 PM.
post #12 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 08:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
That's a great looking truck. Is "Bronze Alloy" as named by GMC exactly the same color as "Brownstone Metallic" in the Chevrolet line? From the photo, I would say so, but have never seen a that color Canyon in person.
Thank you. I have not seen the Chevy and GMC side by side but I think they are the same color.

Ordered 4-23-15, built 5-21-15, sitting in my driveway 6-8-15. Canyon SLE, crew cab, long bed, 2wd, Bronze Alloy, Cocoa Dune.
Roll N Lock bed cover and cargo manager, custom made tool tray, OEM mud flaps, front windows tinted, running boards, 300 Watt Inverter with Sierra OEM plug, Warning Lights for fire dept, 6K HIDs lows and highs, LED fog light bulbs, 30" LED light bar, 2.5" front lift with 1" rear, Michelin AT/2 265/70/17, custom sports bar with 2 LED light bars, Rigid cargo lights.
post #13 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Honestly, I don't think that comment was warranted. We're all sympathetic that your experience has been unsatisfactory. At some point, you will likely find that trying to cast any positive owner experience(and there are many) in a negative light is only going to cause other members to perceive you in a negative light. It would likely be a better use of that time and energy if you were to spend it on securing a solution to your issue.
Goodness, I understand that the guy had a bad experience and is bitter, but no need to criticize others. This thread was simply started so everyone could see the variations of what others are doing with their brown twins.

Although, I am a GM enthusiast. My entire family has used GM trucks farming in rural South Ga for decades and have always been taken care of by our local dealer. So yeah, I prefer GM over any other car make out their, I am comfortable with them.

Sorry for quoting you, he deleted his previous comment.

post #14 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 09:24 AM

This color was my 2nd choice after Copper Red, and it was a close race--looks great, specially (IMO) on Canyons!
post #15 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 12:26 PM

Don't get snow often here, so it warranted a pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Colorado.jpg (151.4 KB, 282 views)
It's A Dry Heat likes this.

Brownstone Colorado CC SB Z71 4WD with trailering, spray in liner, splash guards, and tie down rings. Added Homelink, LED interior lights, Rocky Road Super Sliders, Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite, and Blue Ox base plate.
post #16 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgiddens6 View Post
Goodness, I understand that the guy had a bad experience and is bitter, but no need to criticize others. This thread was simply started so everyone could see the variations of what others are doing with their brown twins.

Although, I am a GM enthusiast. My entire family has used GM trucks farming in rural South Ga for decades and have always been taken care of by our local dealer. So yeah, I prefer GM over any other car make out their, I am comfortable with them.

Sorry for quoting you, he deleted his previous comment.
No problem with your quoting me. I don't mean to focus this thread on that individual, but after some time, when a person is aiming to offer every possible criticism of the vehicle, then I start to question their objectives and motives. If his ownership experience has been accurately stated in the various threads on here, then he certainly has every right to be upset. At the same time, in all the posts I've read concerning his water issue, he has appeared to be rather passive in terms of seeking a resolution.

If I was experiencing the water issue as described, I can assure you that I would be aggressively chasing a solution, and would not allow a dealer or GM corporate to "brush me aside" that easily. I've found that most business managers will listen to and respond appropriately to well-formed complaints, and I've also found that there are ways to deal with the rare exception. In the modern era, there are numerous, easily-available tools that allow consumers to focus great exposure on businesses that do not take customer service seriously. Our friend with the water issue should be taking advantage of those and parking himself outside the selling dealer principal's door until a solution is delivered.

OTOH, if his objective is to try and diminish or attack every positive owner experience posted on the forum, then I think we are forced to question his legitimacy and motive.

I am a lifelong GM customer. Some part of that is plain old personal bias. My grandfather drove my mother and me home from the hospital in a Chevy pickup just after I was born, and I have never purchased a vehicle that wasn't made by GM. Have they all been 100% perfect? No - but they have given me good service, with my having driven numerous GM vehicles to over 150,000 miles and a couple to over 200,000 miles.

Out of 23 GM vehicles owned over a span of ~40 years, only 3 of them have sustained what I would call a major component failure. Two of those were transmission failures(one at 180,000 miles and the other at 110,000 miles). The third was an intake manifold failure on a 4.3L V-6 at around 90,000 miles. That engine was one of only 2 that ever needed to have a valve cover removed. The other was a 5.7L diesel in a 1980 Oldsmobile, and it was well over 100,000 miles.

Overall, my repair costs(not including normal maintenance items) on the 23 GM vehicles would total around $7,500. That's NOT each - that's TOTAL. If you do the math, that is an average of about $327 per vehicle or $187 per year, and I think that's not a bad track record.

As you might expect, when I get ready to purchase a new vehicle, I don't even look at non-GM makes, as I can't imagine that I would have better results with another maker. I am not bothered in any way by anyone with different feelings on the matter, as individual biases and thoughts are part of what makes this a great country, but to express negativity toward someone simply because they have not had a bad ownership experience is not what I would call well-placed thought.

Thanks for indulging me while I hijacked your thread...now, I'll try to keep it brown(stone).

Last edited by BrownstoneZ71; 07-23-2015 at 03:18 PM.
post #17 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
Don't get snow often here, so it warranted a pic.
Wow, that is pretty on the white blanket. I will never get to see that here in GA though, but not regretfully-I despise the white stuff.

post #18 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
No problem with your quoting me. I don't mean to focus this thread on that individual, but after some time, when a person is aiming to offer every possible criticism of the vehicle, then I start to question their objectives and motives. If his ownership experience has been accurately stated in the various threads on here, then he certainly has every right to be upset. At the same time, in all the posts I've read concerning his water issue, he has appeared to be rather passive in terms of seeking a resolution.

If I was experiencing the water issue as described, I can assure you that I would be aggressively chasing a solution, and would not allow a dealer or GM corporate to "brush me aside" that easily. I've found that most business managers will listen to and respond appropriately to well-formed complaints, and I've also found that there are ways to deal with the rare exception. In the modern era, there are numerous, easily-available tools that allow consumers to focus great exposure on businesses that do not take customer service seriously. Our friend with the water issue should be taking advantage of those and parking himself outside the selling dealer principal's door until a solution is delivered.

OTOH, if his objective is to try and diminish or attack every positive owner experience posted on the forum, then I think we are forced to question his legitimacy and motive.

I am a lifelong GM customer. Some part of that is plain old personal bias. My grandfather drove my mother and me home from the hospital in a Chevy pickup just after I was born, and I have never purchased a vehicle that wasn't made by GM. Have they all been 100% perfect? No - but they have given me good service, with my having driven numerous GM vehicles to over 150,000 miles and a couple to over 200,000 miles.

Out of 23 GM vehicles owned over a span of ~40 years, only 3 of them have sustained what I would call a major component failure. Two of those were transmission failures(one at 180,000 miles and the other at 110,000 miles). The third was an intake manifold failure on a 4.3L V-6 at around 90,000 miles. That engine was one of only 2 that ever needed to have a valve cover removed. The other was a 5.7L diesel in a 1980 Oldsmobile, and it was well over 100,000 miles.

Overall, my repair costs(not including normal maintenance items) on the 23 GM vehicles would total around $7,500. That's NOT each - that's TOTAL. If you do the math, that is an average of about $327 per vehicle or $187 per year, and I think that's not a bad track record.

As you might expect, when I get ready to purchase a new vehicle, I don't even look at non-GM makes, as I can't imagine that I would have better results with another maker. I am not bothered in any way by anyone with different feelings on the matter, as individual biases and thoughts are part of what makes this a great country, but to express negativity toward someone simply because they have not had a bad ownership experience is not what I would call well-placed thought.

Thanks for indulging me while I hijacked your thread...now, I'll try to keep it brown(stone).
Very well said. I don't understand his motives either on this thread and other threads. If you have a problem, take it to the dealer, that's why it has warranty.

Sticking with what you know and what you are comfortable with is basic instinct. Just because others don't have that sense of trust with GM gives them no right to berate those of us who do.

Anyway, let's see more Brown!
JBT likes this.

post #19 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 07:32 PM
JBT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgiddens6 View Post
Very well said. I don't understand his motives either on this thread and other threads. If you have a problem, take it to the dealer, that's why it has warranty.

Sticking with what you know and what you are comfortable with is basic instinct. Just because others don't have that sense of trust with GM gives them no right to berate those of us who do.

Anyway, let's see more Brown!
Way to go. Something was not right there. I didn't want to argue because this site already banned me once years ago. But I was lurking and noticing that those were not normal complaints. Like a spy or a spammer. Maybe Toyota or someone having fun, not. Anyhow, move on. Thanks. PICS PLEASE, I am waiting for my new truck.

2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 V6 4x4 Extended Cab
post #20 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 10:59 PM
LCS

Here goes..

Here's mine. No real mods yet, except I did just install the factory splash guards. So far, I'm loving it!

LCS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (374.7 KB, 318 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode