53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 01:33 PM

Awesome...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Update 9/24/16

Well just got back from Elk hunting in Arizona and checked up on the Canyon at the body shop. I had them clear the 37" Nitto's I picked up. They clear but not enough to run without turning the coilovers all the way up. If it were to so much as run a curb on 37"s they would still contact the kick panel. But it will easily clear 35"s. I'll have better pictures but here is how extensively they had to clear the kick panel.

All patched up!

camerajunkie likes this.
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-25-2016, 12:05 AM

Garage
What the heck are they doing to your fenders?

NEW TRUCK
2015 Colorado Crew Cab Z71 4X4 - Summit White
KN 63 Series intake - LineX - 30" GGLighting LED Bar - Front/Rear Adujustable King Shocks - Bajakits Boxed UCA - Method Double Standard Wheels - Falken AT3W 285/70/17 - Deaver Mini Pack inserts

OLD TRUCK
2004 Colorado Crew Cab Z85. I5 2wd
5inch CST lift
LIFTED COLORADO CLUB MEMBER # 123
post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-25-2016, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goleee33 View Post

Wow. Real clever way of widening the fender opening, and preserving the stock lines.
goleee33 likes this.

2008 GMC Canyon, 3.7 I5, Off Road 4x4, Inferno Orange.
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-25-2016, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goleee33 View Post
Making them the size that GM should have from the factory, while retaining the OE Body lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
Wow. Real clever way of widening the fender opening, and preserving the stock lines.
Really tough with the way GM runs their body lines and wheel wells. I hate all the extra work I have to go through, but I'll only do it the right way to look OE when it's done.
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-26-2016, 01:28 AM

it seems coming along pretty well. the extra work is worth the effort when its complete.
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Update 10/19/16

Well that wasn't cheap, but it got done exactly how I wanted. I had him move the rears back 1.5" as well to keep any droop from ever slamming the tires into the rear fenders. Next will be building a winch bumper. Pretty sure I'm going to take the cheap route and just go with a Smittybuilt instead of a Warn. Just can't beat the price and it's not like she is going to be running the Rubicon with it. Those bumper angles are going to be a pain to work with on making it look right, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofdiesel View Post
Well that wasn't cheap, but it got done exactly how I wanted. I had him move the rears back 1.5" as well to keep any droop from ever slamming the tires into the rear fenders. Next will be building a winch bumper. Pretty sure I'm going to take the cheap route and just go with a Smittybuilt instead of a Warn. Just can't beat the price and it's not like she is going to be running the Rubicon with it. Those bumper angles are going to be a pain to work with on making it look right, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

If you don't mind, I'm trying to do a mini version of yours and fit 20x10 -25 @ 285/55r20 KO2s, how much did this run you? I'm being quoted $400~$1000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Z71 CGM CCSB 4x2

Mods -
20x10 ET-25 DPR Offroad GLOC Rims | BFG KO2 285/55r20 Tires | Autospring 2.5" Leveling Lift | Zone OffRoad 1.5" Body Lift | N-Fab 3-Step Wheel-to-Wheel Nerf Bars | EGR Matte Black In-Channel Rain Guards | 3M Ceramic Tint 15% | FaC G4 Elite | WeatherTech Digital Floor liners | DD LED Fogs | ProClipUSA iPhone 6s Plus Cell phone mount

Last edited by camerajunkie; 10-25-2016 at 12:39 PM.
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by camerajunkie View Post
If you don't mind, I'm trying to do a mini version of yours and fit 20x20 -25 @ 285/55r20 KO2s, how much did this run you? I'm being quoted $400~$1000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't see anyone getting all this done for that. I have a couple chop shops that can roll Ford Superduty fenders 12"s up for that, but not cutting, sliding, and filling the fenders like this. I could see a chop shop doing it proper for $2000-$2500.
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
I can't see anyone getting all this done for that. I have a couple chop shops that can roll Ford Superduty fenders 12"s up for that, but not cutting, sliding, and filling the fenders like this. I could see a chop shop doing it proper for $2000-$2500.
Body shop is saying $400 for cutting and grinding and no more than $1000 for welding, molding abs, and finishing everything nice and tidy. They do these a lot for the dealerships.

2016 Z71 CGM CCSB 4x2

Mods -
20x10 ET-25 DPR Offroad GLOC Rims | BFG KO2 285/55r20 Tires | Autospring 2.5" Leveling Lift | Zone OffRoad 1.5" Body Lift | N-Fab 3-Step Wheel-to-Wheel Nerf Bars | EGR Matte Black In-Channel Rain Guards | 3M Ceramic Tint 15% | FaC G4 Elite | WeatherTech Digital Floor liners | DD LED Fogs | ProClipUSA iPhone 6s Plus Cell phone mount
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 12:38 PM

Looks awesome, it's really how it should have come from the factory. I wish they would have done that on the ZR2 at least, but no luck there. Guess I'm going to have to make some friends in the bodywork world...

2005 Toyota Tacoma speedway blue, 3.5" OME lift, 285/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs, lots of random cheap mods (everyone needs a 120V ac plug inside their truck right), and 200k miles
post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Body shop is saying $400 for cutting and grinding and no more than $1000 for welding, molding abs, and finishing everything nice and tidy. They do these a lot for the dealerships.
****! I hate Cali! lol I know more than half of it is them chasing covering their overhead, but it still hurts pissing that much money away. This is exactly why I've already started building my retirement in Texas.
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
****! I hate Cali! lol I know more than half of it is them chasing covering their overhead, but it still hurts pissing that much money away. This is exactly why I've already started building my retirement in Texas.
I'm in South Florida, which you would think would be pretty expensive. Sent my body shop the shots of your truck build and see how much they'll charge for the exact same thing. Will let you know how much it is, it could be more if they do the work exactly like yours. I didn't think of chopping 2 inches in the center and moving the whole rear fender towards the door line more. That's really innovative in keeping the OEM body lines and look, which I love and is still sheet metal. Yours came out awesome!
Binkers78 likes this.

2016 Z71 CGM CCSB 4x2

Mods -
post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I'm in South Florida, which you would think would be pretty expensive. Sent my body shop the shots of your truck build and see how much they'll charge for the exact same thing. Will let you know how much it is, it could be more if they do the work exactly like yours. I didn't think of chopping 2 inches in the center and moving the whole rear fender towards the door line more. That's really innovative in keeping the OEM body lines and look, which I love and is still sheet metal. Yours came out awesome!
Thanks man and please don't let me know how cheap it is for you. lol My buddies have MLA Customs out of Naples. That is where my SuperCrawler truck is. I've been down there a couple times for Cowboys and TGW. I love Florida, it's beautiful and the people are great, outside of the city. lol
camerajunkie likes this.
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Update 10/30/16

So I needed 2 winches and went with Smittybilt. Couldn't pass up the price for a 12k Lb for the Canyon and a 17k Lb for my hot shot trailer. The 12k comes loaded with rope and a wireless remote. It took 10 bends to match the flow of the valance. I'm going to have to get another valance, since the body shop trimmed it and the corners were cut too high. The verticals are going to be 2x4. Love how much room I have to tuck it back inside. The approach angle is going to be way better than stock.

Mexpilot likes this.
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 03:01 AM Thread Starter

Update 11/1/16

Tubular winch bumper is coming together nicely. Was able to run the vertical 2x4's and catch both the front main bar and a back 1.5" horizontal support. The rest should come together pretty fast now.

Template for the 2x4's

Main bars
JBT, saytanicmechanic and yaryarrr like this.
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 10:23 PM

Don't know how I missed this in my many hours looking through trimming posts. Awesome work and thank you for the pics!

2016 Canyon SLE 4x4 cyber gray duramax
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjdeerslayer37 View Post
Don't know how I missed this in my many hours looking through trimming posts. Awesome work and thank you for the pics!
My pleasure. I like to push the envelope and hopefully push and inspire others to do the same.
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 02:50 AM

I'm not normally a fan of lifted trucks but HOLY CRAP THAT LOOKS FREAKING AWESOME!!

2016 GMC Canyon SLT 4x4 in Copper Red Metallic
Hellwig rear swaybar/Pop N Lock for the tailgate/Revolver X2 tonneau cover/Bed Lighting/Extra high amperage USB charging ports/GM Bed Mat/Tailgate brake & backup lighting/Fumoto valve
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 01:16 PM

What are you doing with the gearing running the 35s? 4:10s maybe? Leave it stock?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode