2016 Canyon SLT LWN Duramax Icon & 35"s - Page 4 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 05:14 AM

Garage
Looks like any up travel will make contact with the fenders.

NEW TRUCK
2015 Colorado Crew Cab Z71 4X4 - Summit White
KN 63 Series intake - LineX - 30" GGLighting LED Bar - Front/Rear Adujustable King Shocks - Bajakits +2.5 4x4 Pre Runner Kit - Method Double Standard Wheels - Falken AT3W 285/70/17 - Deaver Mini Pack inserts

OLD TRUCK
2004 Colorado Crew Cab Z85. I5 2wd
5inch CST lift
LIFTED COLORADO CLUB MEMBER # 123
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 08:38 AM

Garage
i can hear the rubbing all the way from Canada LOL

2015 red hot ext cab z71
post #63 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goleee33 View Post
Looks like any up travel will make contact with the fenders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew24 View Post
i can hear the rubbing all the way from Canada LOL
I've been at this a long time. It's best to clearance tires at the lowest stuff point possible. Once finding the lowest possible height with the desired tire size, yields the best CNG. It will not be rubbing anything and handle better than anything with a 6" lift or more. Not like any of the retards with big ass lifts use the endless room in their wheel wells since their tires can't flex into them anyways. Those lifts and tire packages never even see off road anyways, and we all know most of them fall apart as soon as the see a curb or blade of grass.
custom90gt likes this.

post #64 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 12:31 AM

Way more aggressive than I'll ever go but dang that looks great! Dig those wheels with the 37's but the proportions do look a bit off with the tires that big....just my aesthetic though. You do you.

...and whats up San Jo?

I'm in Mountain View.

Last edited by Damn True; 03-06-2017 at 12:34 AM.
post #65 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 01:22 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofdiesel View Post
I've been at this a long time. It's best to clearance tires at the lowest stuff point possible. Once finding the lowest possible height with the desired tire size, yields the best CNG. It will not be rubbing anything and handle better than anything with a 6" lift or more. Not like any of the retards with big ass lifts use the endless room in their wheel wells since their tires can't flex into them anyways. Those lifts and tire packages never even see off road anyways, and we all know most of them fall apart as soon as the see a curb or blade of grass.

Just going off looks it seems as though you have about 3" from the tire to the top of the fender. Have you cycled it to see if you will hit it? With your mods I'm sure you're clear on the sides. Just looks like the top will be the limiting factor now.

NEW TRUCK
2015 Colorado Crew Cab Z71 4X4 - Summit White
KN 63 Series intake - LineX - 30" GGLighting LED Bar - Front/Rear Adujustable King Shocks - Bajakits +2.5 4x4 Pre Runner Kit - Method Double Standard Wheels - Falken AT3W 285/70/17 - Deaver Mini Pack inserts

OLD TRUCK
2004 Colorado Crew Cab Z85. I5 2wd
5inch CST lift
LIFTED COLORADO CLUB MEMBER # 123
post #66 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn True View Post
Way more aggressive than I'll ever go but dang that looks great! Dig those wheels with the 37's but the proportions do look a bit off with the tires that big....just my aesthetic though. You do you.

...and whats up San Jo?

I'm in Mountain View.
Not much. We actually live just south now, but I was born, raised, and still work in SJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goleee33 View Post
Just going off looks it seems as though you have about 3" from the tire to the top of the fender. Have you cycled it to see if you will hit it? With your mods I'm sure you're clear on the sides. Just looks like the top will be the limiting factor now.
Ya I know the front still needs to come up and I have over 1.5" left in the coils. The fork lift lost the starter on Thursday so I wasn't able to flex it to make sure that the rears tuck inside the wheel wells before contact, but that will be the next step. If I have to have the rear fenders pressed out a hair to clear that will be my solution rather than lifting the rear any higher.
goleee33 likes this.
post #67 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 11:32 AM

Thanks for the pics of the slider mounts!! Love the LCG look and like you said, this will perform way better than any 6" lift any day! Coming from a 4 door wrangler with 37's on a 3.5 inch lift and huge clearance fenders its way better to be lower than tall and unstable, just gotta bumpstop appropriately and its all good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode