Any mountain bikers with a Twin? - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-21-2016, 01:54 AM

Garage
Fork mounts with threaded inserts

I installed threaded inserts into the top of the bed. The mounts can be taken out in seconds if I don't want them there.

Rogue01, Dmax16 and reidcc like this.

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Diesel LT
Brownstone Metallic CCSB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-21-2016, 07:08 AM

I purchased a couple of bike hitches you can screw into wood and and mounted them on a 2x6. Mounted them at just the right location so the rear tires of my bikes rest agaist the back of the bed...stops the bikes from sliding. Works great and takes less then 30 seconds to be ready to go.

Last edited by bac522; 09-16-2016 at 05:38 AM.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac522 View Post
I purchased a couple of bike hitches you can screw into wood and and mounted them on a 2x6. Mounted them at just the right location so the rear tires of my bikes rest agaist the back of the bed...stops the bikes from sliding. Works great and takes less then 30 seconds to be ready to go.

This is what I'm gonna do!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2016 Colorado Z71 | 4WD | CC | SB | Duramax | Cyber Grey | Nav | Bose | Remote Start | Linex Spay In bed Liner | 3in GM black Assist steps| JDMaster G2 LED lowbeams |Lund Genesis Elite Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover |Upgrades planned: 1.25" zone Level lift or Eilbach pro struts, 255/70/17 Wildpeak AT3W tires, RC 20in LED Light Strip, Bed extender, Window Tint

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 11:44 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokev View Post
Jeez...when the heck you gonna ride it?
You take that thing out during the day and the fricken tires will melt off.
Although when it gets hot here(over 100 during the day) I ride at night. They make some pretty fuggin BRIGHT lights now days.
My main lite puts out an honest 1500 lumens. I 'spect you'll be looking at lights too, yes?
How hot is Sedona this time of year?

BTW...the cable is there for me to wrap it around the thief's neck, right before I throw 'em off the tail gate. Since it's 'bout a 7' drop to the ground, it'll snap the necks of every bike thief that isn't also an NBA player.
Kev… Your profile pic makes me giggle out loud every time I see it… Gotta love "Crazy Eyes"

2016 Canyon SLT 2.8 Duramax 4x4 SBCC White
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 01:51 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinolush View Post
Kev… Your profile pic makes me giggle out loud every time I see it… Gotta love "Crazy Eyes"
Thanks man.

2016 Colorado 2.8L D-max, Crew Cab, Long Bed, Z71, 4WD.
ZONE 5.5" Suspension Lift
Moto Metal 970 17x8.5"
Nitto Terra G-G2s, 295/70/17
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 11:33 PM

Not sure how I missed this thread but yeah, I definitely ride. I do a lot of shuttling in this rig!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20161017_110433.jpg (492.5 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg 511201619619.jpg (209.6 KB, 69 views)
Dmax16 and Binkers78 like this.

2016 Canyon SLE CC LB All-Terrain 3.6L - RC 2" Kit | Goodyear Duratrac P265/70/17
2013 Chevy Volt

Instagram
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 10:44 PM

I use this rack most of the times but I just got a crash pad. Some times I get sick of dealing with the rack it's nice to just throw the bike in the back.

[/IMG]
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 05:20 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmax16 View Post
I use this rack most of the times but I just got a crash pad. Some times I get sick of dealing with the rack it's nice to just throw the bike in the back.
Yeah, and they block your reverse cam.
I had a Kuat on my last two trucks, and this time around I wanted to be able to use my cam.
I primarily use surf pads(they're good for one bike), but also have an Evoc full-size pad for when I carry multiple bikes.
I like the Evoc pad because the flap on it that exposes your gate latch/handle is over-sized so your camera view is unobstructed.
Most of the pads out there have flaps that don't even line up with the tailgate latch/handle
Dmax16 likes this.

2016 Colorado 2.8L D-max, Crew Cab, Long Bed, Z71, 4WD.
ZONE 5.5" Suspension Lift
Moto Metal 970 17x8.5"
Nitto Terra G-G2s, 295/70/17
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokev View Post
Yeah, and they block your reverse cam.
I had a Kuat on my last two trucks, and this time around I wanted to be able to use my cam.
I primarily use surf pads(they're good for one bike), but also have an Evoc full-size pad for when I carry multiple bikes.
I like the Evoc pad because the flap on it that exposes your gate latch/handle is over-sized so your camera view is unobstructed.
Most of the pads out there have flaps that don't even line up with the tailgate latch/handle
Good to know I just got the Evoc pad in hopes of the large flap working with the camera. I haven't tired it out yet.

[/IMG]
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 11:50 AM

good ideas here folks- I was wondering what to do myself. I'm trading in my Frontier Crew Cab for a Z71 Extended Cab Friday. My Frontier was great until I got my wife a FS 29'er and I got a FS. It was easy to mount them to fork mounts- as I had the C Channel rails in bed sides and floor. Typically I got lazy and would just lay the bikes in on each bed side- once we got the bigger bikes- I couldn't do that anymore.

I wanted the 6 foot bed- hence the Ext Cab purchase. I like the threaded inserts into top of bed rail- but not sure I can think about drilling holes in it!

Chris
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmax16 View Post
Good to know I just got the Evoc pad in hopes of the large flap working with the camera. I haven't tired it out yet.
The Race Face pad does too. I had to do a little cushion modding to protect the bike lower tube paint though because the pad doesn't line up perfectly with the camera hole. Still a great pad though.

I've been shuttling people all year. I love this truck! Even shuttled my boy BKXC around a few times. We shot a "bike check" last week for my new Evil The Calling. Turned out well if you can stand listening to me jabber on about bike specs for 17min. LOL

Dmax16 likes this.

2016 Canyon SLE CC LB All-Terrain 3.6L - RC 2" Kit | Goodyear Duratrac P265/70/17
2013 Chevy Volt

Instagram

Last edited by F8LZ71; 04-17-2017 at 01:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode