I don't understand people - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 99Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
So, you would pull a gun on someone for denting or chipping the paint on your truck? It seems that @DrGonzo wasn't too happy about this guy getting in his face. He posted here for a discussion. No? Or, he just made a thread that no one was suppose to respond to?
Certainly not. What I meant was that carry states are usually more polite and it is much more likely the guy would have corrected the damage rather than act like a tough guy.
JBT and Mickh557 like this.

2016 Canyon SLT Crew Cab Shortbox Duramax Diesel, Summit White/Jet Black.

Engine built 1/12/16
Placed order 2/20/16
Dealer ordered 2/25/16
Target Production Week 4/11/16
Built and shipped 4/12/16
Delivered to dealer 4/22/16
Drove it home 4/27/16
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 08:35 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brayan Rosales View Post
LOL, have a look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xibtzwdXgfI

Life.
I. Too funny!!! That guy in the truck seems like a guy that looks for confrontation. Big boy...Most likely horribly slow though...I think he could have taken him!!!
DrGonzo01 likes this.

2017 GMC Canyon All Terrain X Quick Silver Metallic
post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 09:58 AM

i used to be very protective of my truck, but then i used it as a truck and it got some cosmetic damage. now, i dont care about dings or minor paint scratches.
lqdchkn likes this.

post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
Simple answer to that. Call the cops! He will have to pay. I just did it with my truck. I was stopped at a light and some woman bounced off my rear. It's simple with those asshole tough guys, call the cops. They shut up real fast. (When I was younger and even more stupid than I am now, I would fight them. Just stupid and I would get arrested too.) If he was nice and said he would pay for his mistake, I probably would have said don't worry about a little ding in my handle. It's plastic and isn't going to rust. But, if he got in my face... Fuck him, call the cops. When he comes out from shopping he would be surprised. Good luck with the touch up. Just a little flesh wound, lol.
Exactly... and take a photo of his license plate & the vehicle he's driving. If you're lucky, the plate actually belongs to HIM and you'll have evidence for the cops to see (if he's gone before the cops come).

I don't care how 'small' of a ding it is, If I SEE you doing it.....you'd better fix it!!!

www.lieblweb.com
2016 GMC Canyon
2015 Infinity QX70s
post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404 Not Found View Post
Sounds like you live in a non carry state.
As a responsible gun owner, you should NEVER get your gun out unless your life is in danger. Never try to escalate the situation to that point. Walk away my friend......

Too many people seem to think they can whip out their guns and solve everything. You wonder why gun owners get such a bad wrap....

(sorry, not meant to piss anyone off or start a war)

www.lieblweb.com
2016 GMC Canyon
2015 Infinity QX70s
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 01:40 PM

Garage
Billy Currington sum's it all up in a song.
"God is great, Beer is good and People are CRAZY"
Janster and New Z71 like this.

2016 Colorado CCSB, Duramax Z71 4x4, bose, nav, leveling kit, retrax bed cover, linex, Westin Sportsman Grill Guard Winch, Westin T-Max 9500lb winch, Mictuning curved light bar, Undercover swing case's.
Duramax Turner DSP 4

post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 07:23 PM

My take: This world deteriorated into a giant shithole, quite a few years ago. People have no fear of going to jail and a human life has no value at all. It seems these days, attacking the cops is even condoned now.

Obviously, the parasite that damaged your vehicle was looking for a fight. Hopefully, he'll get his in the end. Someday.
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo01 View Post
So, just now a guy opens his door into my brand new Colorado right in front of me and I say "oh no, I just bought it.'
Him: "I'm sorry."
Me (looking closer and seeing the damage): "Have a care what you are doing - you chipped the paint!"
Him (puffing up and stepping into me like he wants to fight): "I SAID I WAS SORRY!"

I don't know about anyone else but I am always careful around other people's stuff. But if I ever temporarily lost it and damaged someone else's ride, the only thing I would say is "I will make this right - how do you want to proceed?" But not this guy. No, he wants to fight me in the Costco parking lot because I had the nerve not to let it go with an "I'm sorry". It's not like I insulted him or even used harsh language.

It was bound to happen sooner or later so I shouldn't care I guess. I just wish people would be accountable for their actions.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Sorry to hear about this man, its definitely sucky to be the victim of someone else stupidity. have you looked into maybe bringing it to a paint shop? they might be able to spray just the handle to cheap
DrGonzo01 likes this.

SOLD 2004 z71 colly
31 inch bfgs
k&n
rest stock
more to come.

Current:
2017 colorado extended cab
post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5336 View Post
My take: This world deteriorated into a giant shithole, quite a few years ago. People have no fear of going to jail and a human life has no value at all. It seems these days, attacking the cops is even condoned now.

Obviously, the parasite that damaged your vehicle was looking for a fight. Hopefully, he'll get his in the end. Someday.
I totally agree! people are now having their poor behavior defended by our government which is really sad. Everyone has this "the world is owed to me" attitude

SOLD 2004 z71 colly
31 inch bfgs
k&n
rest stock
more to come.

Current:
post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
As a responsible gun owner, you should NEVER get your gun out unless your life is in danger. Never try to escalate the situation to that point. Walk away my friend......

Too many people seem to think they can whip out their guns and solve everything. You wonder why gun owners get such a bad wrap....

(sorry, not meant to piss anyone off or start a war)
Glad someone brought this up, there two types of gun owners, those who are responsible and can effectively carry a gun and react in a sensible way. Then there are those who have no business owning a gun and would react irrationally if put in a high stress situation.

Im a believer in walking away in those situations as well. Nothing good can come from it.
DrGonzo01, Janster and doug5336 like this.

SOLD 2004 z71 colly
31 inch bfgs
k&n
rest stock
more to come.

Current:
post #31 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin148 View Post
Sorry to hear about this man, its definitely sucky to be the victim of someone else stupidity. have you looked into maybe bringing it to a paint shop? they might be able to spray just the handle to cheap
I already bought the OEM touch up paint and put a coat on. When the weather mellows out I'll fill it all the way in with more paint, buff, add clear coat, and buff again.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
JBT and woodburner like this.
post #32 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 09:39 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5336 View Post

I work with people like this, people that don't give a rats a$$ about other peoples things or feelings and would rather fight you than make things right. In the end they do get what they deserve they always do. The only problem is that they don't realize it.. They're the type of people that think their crappy life is everyone else's fault and then they never learn.

Man I hate ignorant f**ks
JBT and doug5336 like this.

2016 Colorado Crew Cab Long Box
2013 Fusion SE 2.0L Eco Boost
1988 Firebird Formula
post #33 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Glad someone brought this up, there two types of gun owners, those who are responsible and can effectively carry a gun and react in a sensible way. Then there are those who have no business owning a gun and would react irrationally if put in a high stress situation.

Im a believer in walking away in those situations as well. Nothing good can come from it.
Just for the sake of 'putting it out there' for anyone reading....

If you escalate the situation - you might lose the battle and lose your own life. OR - you could have a shitstorm of legal battles ahead of you.

I don't normally promote books & such, but if you want a REAL eye opener to any self defense situation (and legalities). Get the book called "In The Gravest Extreme" by Massad Ayoob. I bought this book back in 2011 and have read it twice. It's time for me to start reading it again. It talks about self defense situations, decision making, actual 'stories', and the legal system and what you might go thru if you chose to use your weapon irresponsibility. Every gun owner should read this book.
KY Red Rock likes this.

www.lieblweb.com
2016 GMC Canyon
2015 Infinity QX70s
post #34 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 07:53 AM

Situations like this is where the beauty of modern technology is key. Fire up the cell phone and start taking pics. Including pics of the other vehicle, plate etc. If the guy won't settle the damage with you call the police and file a report. They can get the insurance info for you. Been through this a few times.

If the other driver starts to get out of hand, flip the phone from picture to video and make sure he knows it. It is amazing how quickly people straighten out when they know they are being recorded. No reason for anyone to get nuts over a door ding👍

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
JBT likes this.
post #35 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 08:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to haulingnothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo01 View Post
I already bought the OEM touch up paint and put a coat on. When the weather mellows out I'll fill it all the way in with more paint, buff, add clear coat, and buff again.
Good plan. Looking at the bright side, it didn't leave a dent and this gave you an excuse to buy touch-up paint. Touch up paint is great to have on hand for the inevitable rock chips.

2016 Colorado - 2WD Extended Cab LT V6 - Laser Blue - Shoreline Edition

Plasti-Dipped badges - Air dam delete - DRL switch mod - OPT7 LED low beams - Moroso catch can - Pedal Commander
post #36 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 08:15 AM

Piggy backing off this story. Super windy day, parked next to a minivan. Waiting for my wife to get back from the store since I didnt want to go in. I told myself OH god i know this door is going to swing open and smack the car.

Sure as heck, boom! Person got into the car and acted like nothing happened!! I exit the truck, take a look and it smacked the running board (WOW what are the chances). So the couple in the minivan exit and starts apologizing I said be more careful and let them go. I was more pissed because they didn't even exit the van after hitting my truck.
post #37 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 09:38 AM

Garage
Quote:

Yes...I own hunting rifles but keep them locked up. I do not carry or own a handgun...because frankly... I think I would be too likely to use it in unnecessary situations
doug5336 likes this.

2017 GMC Canyon All Terrain X Quick Silver Metallic
post #38 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 10:06 AM

Garage
People suck, end of story. I'm more surprised when my truck is not damaged after coming out of a store.

doug5336 likes this.

2016 Colorado Extended Cab 2wd Cyber Metallic Gray
It's almost as pretty as a Canyon
post #39 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 12:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to rookie05evo Send a message via MSN to rookie05evo
yea no faith in humanity, the owner of the business next to shop i work at, and use to be friend pretty much told me to f*ck myself when his dumpster rolled into my driverside fender 2 months after i bought the truck. The winter before that i accidently backed into his car in the same position with my old car cuz he parted like a douchebag in the parking lot and i paid for the repairs no questions asked. Since then ive been parking in the back lot, covered up the dings with the oem fender flares, and whenever i see the other guy i ignore him. makes it awkward when he calls my boss and needs help only to find out that im the only one at the shop.

2016 CCSB Z71 4x4 Lazer Blue, Bose, Navi, Factory Bedliner, Black Bowtie, Mormito 5500k HID, Weathertech Floor liners and vent visors, OEM Fender Flares, Rally Armor Mud Flaps
post #40 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 12:52 PM

Yes it sucks....on a very windy day, a door can get away from any of us. Thank goodness the damage was on the non rusting handle vs a sheet metal part. I know people spend lots of their hard earned money on these trucks but it is not worth weaponizing the situation. Note: the cell doors in jail are normally covered in paint chips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode