I don't understand people - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 99Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 03:07 PM

It's the moral decay of society. It makes you wonder about some of these people that intentionally damage other people's property. I guess they followed their dreams of growing up to be scumbags.
JBT likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

To clarify, I think society will be ok and people are inherently good (but don't always act that way). I was just needing to vent that day and appreciate the moral support. I've been busy and the weather has been uncooperative but I will eventually finish my amateur repair job and then post pictures.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
JBT likes this.
post #43 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 04:52 PM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to sabbotage Send a message via MSN to sabbotage
If it helps both of my drivers side handles are chipped to hell from the cinders on the road this winter. And I just got my truck in November. I figured the paint on the handles would hold up a lot better.

2016 GMC Canyon All-Terrain Duramax

post #44 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 05:18 PM

Was in Walmart parking lot getting into my truck when another guy on my right swung open his door and hit mine. Worried there was damage I got out just to take a look. The guy then proceeded to yell in my face, cuss me out, and sped off hitting the shopping cart corral which scraped across the 1/3 of the side of his truck. Karma I guess? Oh and he didn't leave any damage on my door.
JBT and Mickh557 like this.

Mods: hood protector | in-channel visors | tinted windows | LED Headlights | LED interior lights | LED footwell lights | brake controller | painted bow-ties | debadged | bump step | terrain hx steps | painted calipers | painted interior trim | seat covers | Z71 grille | AT3 Falkens
post #45 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokiri View Post
Was in Walmart parking lot getting into my truck when another guy on my right swung open his door and hit mine. Worried there was damage I got out just to take a look. The guy then proceeded to yell in my face, cuss me out, and sped off hitting the shopping cart corral which scraped across the 1/3 of the side of his truck. Karma I guess? Oh and he didn't leave any damage on my door.
Whoa - I got off easy.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Most likely, he was an outstanding member of society, with no valid D/L, no insurance and probably an active warrant or two. Rational people don't behave like that.
post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 09:38 PM
JBT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5336 View Post
Most likely, he was an outstanding member of society, with no valid D/L, no insurance and probably an active warrant or two. Rational people don't behave like that.
Maybe drunk?

2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 V6 4x4 Extended Cab
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 09:20 PM

Garage
Quote:
Walmart usually has good surveillance. The idiots that cut the grass where I work ran the lawnmower handle down my front fender, scuffing the paint and denting it in several places. The only other place it could have occurred was at Walmart, so I call and asked for security to review the tape about a week later. They confirmed what I suspected, no one was around my vehicle. My truck wasn't even 3 months old when that tool did that. Of course, they completely denied it. I lucked out and found someone to PDR it for $60, and that included him coming to my house to do it. He was only going to charge me $25, but I was so appreciative of how well it turned out and didn't want to take advantage of him, so I had no problem giving him 3 Jacksons.

I always park way out and try to find an end spot where I can crowd the median side of the parking spot. I have had very good luck doing this with all my vehicles. I still do this with my old 'smash-n-trash' Ford Ranger.

2015 Canyon SLT 4x4 3.6L V6
BOSE System
NAV & Driver Alert Package
post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 03:46 PM

Less than a week after I bought my 2015 Colorado a co worker smacked a door ding into the passenger side of my truck. A couple months later someone apparently couldn't judge the swing of their cars front bumper and scraped across the rear bumper of my truck leaving a long black stripe. Worse, my wife's Equinox has had the left rear corner of its bumper scraped twice in the same Doctor's parking lot. We never find out who does the damage. Face it, people do not give two turds about other peoples property.

2015 Silver Ice Metallic Colorado LT 4x4 Ext Cab.3.6L,
29,000 miles and counting. 20.8 MPG average and a whining rear differential
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 04:40 PM

Mine got hit while parked in a parking lot 3 weeks after delivery. Scratches from wheel well to tail light. I hate humans.
post #51 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamloco76 View Post
Less than a week after I bought my 2015 Colorado a co worker smacked a door ding into the passenger side of my truck. A couple months later someone apparently couldn't judge the swing of their cars front bumper and scraped across the rear bumper of my truck leaving a long black stripe. Worse, my wife's Equinox has had the left rear corner of its bumper scraped twice in the same Doctor's parking lot. We never find out who does the damage. Face it, people do not give two turds about other peoples property.
It really makes you sick. And if you ever discover someone in the act of damaging your vehicle/property, they are so quick to resort to violence to try and get away. The shitbags who do things like this generally brag about their "achievements" to other shitbags as well.
steamloco76 likes this.

2017 2WD Colorado Z71 CCSB. Graphite Metallic V-6.
post #52 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 06:45 PM

I encountered a typical South Florida asshole today. I was at my local supermarket and intentionally parked as far away as I could, in a seldom used area of the parking lot. When I came out and returned to my vehicle, I noticed a man parked in a Trailblazer, parked directly next to my vehicle, so close to my driver's side, that I could not open my driver's door.

I got in through my front passenger door, while the meantime this asshole who was sitting in his vehicle next to mine just looked over and made no attempt at all to move his vehicle and/or ask if anything was wrong. As I pulled out, I yelled out my window, "Thank you. Yes, you are an asshole too." He just went about playing with his phone as if nothing happened.

God bless America.

2017 2WD Colorado Z71 CCSB. Graphite Metallic V-6.
post #53 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 03:58 PM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to EricChevy Send a message via MSN to EricChevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastStarr68 View Post
That is why I park at the back of the parking lot away from other cars to avoid I'm sorry" Folks are just careless and I don't have time for careless.
Your Costco must be different than the ones here in the PNW. I have the same chance at even finding a spot to park in the front or the back of the Costco parking lots here. There are just as many "oops I'm sorry" people around either side of the parking lot at the Costco's around here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode