Mystery Dash Controls - - - - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By go_n_low
  • 1 Post By CaryBosse
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 418
Mystery Dash Controls - - -

Attached pic of dash controls I do not have. . the two "slider" controls and + and - buttons.

Are they for 4WD or something else?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017 Colorado Mystery Dash Controls.jpg (76.5 KB, 112 views)

2017 2WD Colorado LT V6 Luxury & Conv Pkgs, Blk/Ashen Gray Leather
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 10:23 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 29
Trailer brake controller
GraniteBlue05 and CaryBosse like this.

2016 Colorado Z71 Trail Boss Duramax Diesel
Summit White Crew Cab
go_n_low is online now  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_n_low View Post
Trailer brake controller
Ahh. . thanks, I looked in my manual and tried to find what they were, but the way the book is laid out it's like you have to *know* where controls are and what they are for before looking up what they do and how they work.

2017 2WD Colorado LT V6 Luxury & Conv Pkgs, Blk/Ashen Gray Leather
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 418
Here is something I did find in the manual that might be of interest if you do NOT have the factory trailer brake controls . . .

Maybe another good 12V and GND for other uses too.

P. 276 of 2017 Colorado Owners Manual

" A four-wire harness, without
connector, is secured behind the left
side kick panel. The harness
contains the following circuits:
. Red/Green: Battery feed
. Black: Ground

. White/Blue: Brake signal to
controller
. Blue: Trailer Brake power to
trailer connector
To remove the left side kick panel,
start at the front of the panel pulling
toward the rear of the vehicle and lift
upward to disengage the integral
clips. "

2017 2WD Colorado LT V6 Luxury & Conv Pkgs, Blk/Ashen Gray Leather

Last edited by GraniteBlue05; 03-07-2017 at 06:56 AM.
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 10:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 7,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteBlue05 View Post
Here is something I did find in the manual that might be of interest if you do NOT have the factory trailer brake controls . . .

Maybe another good 12V and GND for other uses too.

P. 276 of 2017 Colorado Owners Manual

" A four-wire harness, without
connector, is secured behind the left
side kick panel. The harness
contains the following circuits:
. Red/Green: Battery feed
. Black: Ground

. White/Blue: Brake signal to
controller
. Blue: Trailer Brake power to
trailer connector
To remove the left side kick panel,
start at the front of the panel pulling
toward the rear of the vehicle and lift
upward to disengage the integral
clips. "
Anytime questions come up with regards to this topic, I always point people to this thread started by @Reverendbiker that has a link in his first post to a good DIY on the brake controller.

DIY Brake Controller Hookup
GraniteBlue05 likes this.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
CaryBosse is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryBosse View Post
Anytime questions come up with regards to this topic, I always point people to this thread started by @Reverendbiker that has a link in his first post to a good DIY on the brake controller.

DIY Brake Controller Hookup
Not really planning on adding brake controls. . but am interested in the wiring for other uses.

Thanks for that. He also has helpful hints for other mods and accessories.

Just ordered fender flares to install and he has info on them. . . . although the P/N has changed.

2017 2WD Colorado LT V6 Luxury & Conv Pkgs, Blk/Ashen Gray Leather

Last edited by GraniteBlue05; 03-01-2017 at 11:53 AM.
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 04:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 7,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteBlue05 View Post
Not really planning on adding brake controls. . but am interested in the wiring for other uses.

Thanks for that. He also has helpful hints for other mods and accessories.

Just ordered fender flares to install and he has info on them. . . . although the P/N has changed.
That is why I like to link to that thread. He's posted some very helpful information both on his V6 and the diesel he purchased.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
CaryBosse is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome