This Just In...... - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
Here is a recent pic with the windows tinted and the running boards on. The bed is sprayed too, Bullet Liner, and I have 8 Bull Rings installed now too. Next is level kit and alignment, I am taking my time with the mods but still have the body colored grill, switchbacks, LED plug n play foglight bulbs, and other stuff planned too
Man, that is a sharp looking color combo. The tinted windows look great too. What shop did you have the bed liner and tint done at if I may ask? I have a brother in Edgerton kind of next door to you I think?

2017 2WD Colorado LT V6 CCSB Luxury & Convenience Pkgs, Black/Ashen Gray Leather, Bullet Bedliner, ARE cap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteBlue05 View Post
Man, that is a sharp looking color combo. The tinted windows look great too. What shop did you have the bed liner and tint done at if I may ask? I have a brother in Edgerton kind of next door to you I think?
The tint I had done at Eclipse in Madison over near that world dairy center. Really fast. For the good stuff (ceramic, 30%) it would have been $150 but salesman got me a little better deal. No complaints on the work at all. 30% a good balance between matching and seeing out of it OK at night. Too dark to be legal is only thing to worry about.

The bed liner I really like, I had it done at J&D Auto, it is on Plainfield Dr near the Fed Ex office in Janesville. $475. I don't know if it would derail the thread badly if I went in to why I had it done there. It is Bullet Liner, it is hard to find a Bullet Liner installer.
I think it is a better product than LineX, and less expensive, I had mine done for $475.
One big factor, and something I was nervous about, is a lot depends on the person prepping and spraying it, I can now say that they do great work at J&D and will readily recommend them.
If you want more info (I did a bunch of research) just shoot me a private message. I think I'll get a picture up of the bed.

2017 Crew Cab Long Box Z71 V6 4WD Brownstone
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
General pic of the bed, I know hard to tell much about a bedliner by pics. It is really nice, anyone that has looked has said it looks really good, including a truck-loving nephew who has LineX.
I also installed the Bull Rings, 8 of them on eBay were about $97 shipped. The metal is stainless. They pull out and snap into the extended position, or just pop them back down out of the way. Weight limit exceeds what the box is even capable of withstanding, 1000 lbs, they'll rip out of the box before they will fail.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000_4861.jpg (180.9 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg 000_4862.jpg (257.9 KB, 71 views)
soul strife likes this.

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
General pic of the bed, I know hard to tell much about a bedliner by pics. It is really nice, anyone that has looked has said it looks really good, including a truck-loving nephew who has LineX.
I also installed the Bull Rings, 8 of them on eBay were about $97 shipped. The metal is stainless. They pull out and snap into the extended position, or just pop them back down out of the way. Weight limit exceeds what the box is even capable of withstanding, 1000 lbs, they'll rip out of the box before they will fail.
Yes, I read some about and had mine done by Bullet at Ultimate Trucks where I bought an ARE cap also. The guy that started Line-X actually split from there about 12 or 15 years ago and started Bullet. Bullet is better than even the Line-X Premium with UV.

But those bull rings.. . . I will check those out. Searching now> Thanks and I'll tell my brother about the tint too.

2017 2WD Colorado LT V6 CCSB Luxury & Convenience Pkgs, Black/Ashen Gray Leather, Bullet Bedliner, ARE cap.
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Bull Rings, 8 of them on eBay were about $97 shipped. The metal is stainless. They pull out and snap into the extended position, or just pop them back down out of the way. Weight limit exceeds what the box is even capable of withstanding, 1000 lbs, they'll rip out of the box before they will fail.
Could you give a link or PM me for the bull ring vendor? I can;t seem to find the same ones you have pictured.

Thanks . .. . Jay

post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Bull Ring New Side Mount Truck Bed Anchors for 07-17 Chevy/GMC (2-Sets - QTY 4) | eBay

I bought 2 sets, second set you get 5% off, so all in $97 for 8, which was just how many I wanted, 3 top on each side, and one in the front corner. I didn't think I need the lower ones at is already has the factory loops. Center one looks pretty useless too unless you plan on hauling maybe a motorcycle a lot?
They have an installation video, if you or your bro get them hit me up for info, I have a small trick that helped me a lot in installing them.
GraniteBlue05 likes this.

Last edited by Gilly; 04-02-2017 at 06:56 PM.
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Yes, I read some about and had mine done by Bullet at Ultimate Trucks where I bought an ARE cap also. The guy that started Line-X actually split from there about 12 or 15 years ago and started Bullet. Bullet is better than even the Line-X Premium with UV.
Yeah that's pretty much the story, Burtin is the guy who started it and has sons involved too. Sounds like he sold the LineX business, than had to wait for awhile because of clauses in the sale contract, and started Bullet Liner, which he now also has sold.
The LineX premium is, I am told, more or less a clear coat which has to be reapplied, this is the UV protection part.
Bullet Liner, the UV protection is part of the product, not an add-on, it already has UV protection "built in". I would like to think it is as tough as LineX. There is more to the story than that, peeps can research it like I did, but I did check the factory liner, LineX, and decided on Bullet.

post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 07:28 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2016 View Post
Gilly, your photo/avatar looks like this guy on YouTube named Amiri King. His videos are hilarious (very vulgar so beware - SRS).

https://youtu.be/__tzPkZywdE
Dude, I thought the same thing...

16' Brownstone Z71 CC SB
TriFecta Advantage + Tune
GMPP Cat Back Exhaust
Tow Package
Spray In Bedliner
Bose
Color Molded Grill
All Weather Floor Mats
Sliding Rear Window
GM Mud Flaps
RC 2" Level Kit
AVS BugShield
AVS Vent Visors
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yep, Colorado just roundhouse kicked Ford right in the MF'in mouth.
RatRacer likes this.

post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
1.25 Tuff Country level kit installed, doesn't seem to matter as much on the long boxes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000_4880.jpg (245.4 KB, 43 views)

post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 10:10 PM

Very good. The leveling kit makes a slight difference, that some might not even notice, but I think it looks better.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

2008 GMC Canyon, 3.7 I5, Off Road 4x4, Inferno Orange.
post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 10:13 AM

Looking Good!!! Enjoy your new ride....
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Bull Ring New Side Mount Truck Bed Anchors for 07-17 Chevy/GMC (2-Sets - QTY 4) | eBay

I bought 2 sets, second set you get 5% off, so all in $97 for 8, which was just how many I wanted, 3 top on each side, and one in the front corner. I didn't think I need the lower ones at is already has the factory loops. Center one looks pretty useless too unless you plan on hauling maybe a motorcycle a lot?
They have an installation video, if you or your bro get them hit me up for info, I have a small trick that helped me a lot in installing them.
Thanks.. . .. will do! I might just get 4, not sure I need 8. Actually, I think 6 would be about right.

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Thanks.. . .. will do! I might just get 4, not sure I need 8. Actually, I think 6 would be about right.
PM me if you get them, I have a trick that their installation video didn't bother to mention that makes installing a lot easier.

post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 04:41 PM

Dang the that Bullet Liner looks nice. I was going to have Line-X premium done in my truck. I was quoted $599. Which is surprising, because that is what my 2014 Sierra cost, but that had a bigger bed.

If I could get the Bullet Liner for sub $500, like Gilly is saying. i would definitely be interested in it. Too bad the closest dealer is about 1.5 hours away.

Those rings look awesome too, gonna have to pic me up some of those as well!

2017 Chevy Colorado Z71, Crew Cab, Short Bed, LGZ 3.6L, 8L45 8 Spd.

How to Videos - Check out my YouTube Channel!
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I was told the Premium is an extra spray on, like a sealer and has to be redone from time to time, the Bullet Liner has the UV protection built right in to it and needs no work later on, that's what really sold me on it. Yeah I don't know about a 1.5 hr trip though, is that the place I went to in Janesville or somewhere else down that way? A lot of the satisfaction comes down to how good the installers are at their job and I'd say J&D in Janesville knows what they are doing.
GraniteBlue05 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode