Purchaser Demographics Thread - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 291 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 10:13 AM

Retired, married forever and former 2005 Colorado owner. Like to hunt, fish and camp and use pickup for hauling gardening supplies and crap for relatives. Also like having 4WD for weather events and off road use. Gave the '05 Colorado to Grandson for his 16th birthday and really miss my truck. We own a Tahoe that eats up much of the garage so another Colorado will work there too. Am relatively tech savvy and also like the idea of a potent V-6 as opposed to the I-5 that sometimes struggled while towing. Soooooo.....I ordered a Brownstone Metallic 4WD LT extended cab with leather, luxury, convenience and Bose, towing/locking differential with Jet Black interior. Will have Linex spray in the bedliner (they did my '05 and I was totally satisfied) after I receive the vehicle.

Brownstone LT EC, V6 luxury & convenience pkgs.
Linex spray-in and Husky floor liners
'05 Green Colorado....GONE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 291 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 12:48 PM

Just turned 27, not married no kids. I'm what I would call a low-level professional, have a degree and a job that requires one but I'm not in my field and my wages are sub $40k a year. I simply can't afford a full size truck unless I want to buy some 4-5 year old one, and deal with the terrible gas mileage.

And about that mileage: I live in an apartment in the city. I simply can't abide by 15mpg city that most full sizes see in the real world.

Despite living in an apartment I enjoy hunting, fishing, and I would like to start traveling out west and go camping and hiking. My 2008 Mazda3 has worked well so far but its just not really suited for dirt roads and trails, even if I have somehow managed to take it down them before.

Also looking to be a home owner soon, so a truck would be nice for home improvement projects. Since I was 16 I've done home maintenance with my dad and we have done together the siding, landscaping, the driveway, the interior walls, and basement of my parents house. I'm not really too big into hiring out a contractor to do stuff I can do, and I just enjoy doing it myself.
post #23 of 291 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 05:57 PM

Hey guys

I'm a 24 year old male with a girlfriend (No kids). I work for a railway in Alberta, Canada and currently drive a 2008 Hyundai Tiburon (which I paid off this past June). I enjoy things such as camping in the summer and skiing/hockey in the winter. As much as I love my little coupe, it's just too small for a lot of the things I'd like to do. At the same time, I live downtown so parking a full size truck would be a real hassle.

I have a 2015 GMC Canyon SLE crew cab all-terrain short box 4X4 on order which i'm incredibly excited for, I just wish I knew the exact Canadian price.

post #24 of 291 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 03:51 PM

Male 52, married, 2 grown kids (no more kidpooling), no pets, Real Estate Broker and business owner. Currently own a 2008 Silverado Crew Texas Edition. I had a 2001 Silverado before that, and a 1998 before that. The Silverados have been good to me and I drive them to 125K-135K miles then buy a new one.

I need something nice enough to drive clients in (a truck works in Texas - people even like it) but also convenient for light hauling, real estate signs, household projects, remodel jobs, and also comfortable enough for occasional long road trip vacations to the beach or to New Mexico/Colorado once or twice a year.

I just bought a new home which is perfect in every way but which, unfortunately, has a "small one" (garage that is). So this midsized truck interests me. If not for the small garage I probably wouldn't have been as interested. We get a lot of 100+ degree days in Texas and parking in the driveway isn't my preference.

That said, I'm also fairly cost conscious, and now I'm in a quandary over going with a full size again due to the great prices/discounts on the 2014s compared to what will be near full/same price for the Canyon/Colorado because of demand. But that's for another thread I suppose.

Last edited by Bravelion; 10-05-2014 at 03:52 PM. Reason: typos
post #25 of 291 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 10:26 AM

Retired ,63 still have my 2004 colorado and am looking to buy a new one once they hit Canada.

04 Colorado crew 2wd
Michelin ltx2
Advance folding cover
post #26 of 291 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 06:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to hummina
28 currently. will be 29 when purchasing. single, no kids. i just miss having a truck, but really have no need anymore for a fullsize.

im waiting for the 2.8l babymax, however

2005 Pontiac GTO - has "stuff"
2005 Chevy Colorado - DD/Winter
post #27 of 291 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 06:59 PM

55, married, 2 grown daughters. I currently don't have a vehicle, driving my older daughter's car while she's in school in Australia. She's coming back stateside in December and needs her car back. So I always wanted a pick-up, had a wagon when kids were younger (refused to get a minivan). Will put it to good use hauling stuff accumulated in the house over past 30 years to it's next resting place as well as hauling the Mrs on various trips around the interior. Ordered the LT, 6-cyl. at dealer last Tuesday, rainforest green as I'm retired Army (1SG).
post #28 of 291 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 09:04 PM

54, married, 2 grown children. Currently driving a 2005 crew cab w/110k miles. A full size truck is tight for my driveway, house on one side, rock wall on the other. The new truck is bigger but not too big. My wife doesn't understand why I won't buy a full size truck. I want what I want.

2015 CG CC SB Z71
post #29 of 291 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 03:48 AM

Thought I would add my info...

Male, 60 years, married, professional.
Use the trucks for outdoor activities, projects, and just hauling stuff.

Trading my 1991 S10 Reg Cab 2.8L 5 speed 2WD with 70k miles.

Have a 2015 Colorado Z71 Ext Cab V6 4WD CyberGray on order.
Added the NAV, Bose, Sprayed on Bed Liner, and Trailering Pkg.

I like the S10 as it is fun to drive and not much to fail on it.
It has been a great truck and it surprised me that it has lasted this long.
However it is not great for commuting because of the manual trans and no A/C.
There have also been times that I would have liked 4WD.

Currently also have a 2010 Tahoe LT 4WD that I use for my daily commute and to transport IT equipment.
It is in great shape with 50K miles and will be paid off next month.
I don't like the new 2015 Tahoe and so I have decided to keep it and get another vehicle to spread the wear and tear of commuting.
Since I am keeping the Tahoe, don't need a crew cab for the Colorado.

So I am getting the 2015 Colorado to replace the S10 and will use it to commute part of the time. This will probably be my last new truck.
I initially considered a Silverado to replace the S10 but could not fit anything but a work truck into the garage.
The Colorado Ext Cab will fit with just enough room to walk around the front of the truck with the garage door shut.
So size was a factor in selecting the Colorado.

Wife also has a Jeep Liberty 4WD.
It does not get driven much but it is the only vehicle that we can fit our 180 lb Newfoundland dog into since the back seat folds flat.
I don't think the dog will fit into the Colorado.
Our prior Newfoundland liked to ride in the S10 - she would sit on the seat with her head against the windshield - it was entertaining to watch other driver's expressions.

Last edited by whitesys; 10-09-2014 at 04:01 AM.
post #30 of 291 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 12:44 PM

33, married, 2 kids (3 year old, 17 month old). Just got rid of my jetta wagon to buy a friends M3 so needed something for dump runs, driving in winter, hauling other misc. **** around. I also have a race car that weighs about 1700 lbs and total weight with my trailer is about 5000 pounds. Will probably be hauling go-karts around soon enough as well. Plus I live in Maine. Need a truck to fit in.
post #31 of 291 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 09:23 PM

Garage
31, married with a little girl on the way. Will be 32 when I buy. Leaning towards Cyber Gray Colorado Z71 4x4 or LT, with a crew cab long bed. I have an IT technical pre-sales job that doesn't need a truck at all, but sure I miss having one. Want to get a fishing kayak for a while until I can grab a bass boat, so I'm playing it forward and getting the 4x4 LB.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #32 of 291 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 09:57 PM

I am 18-years-old and got the truck from my dad (it's his old truck.) I drive around to friend's houses and some routes just need a truck, but I don't need a full-sized truck. I drove my dad's '14 Silverado and... Parking is bad. I like the Colorado for the ease of parking, but the 4WD and basic truck features for when it's needed. Plus, I help haul band equipment around to the football field and gym, and occasionally to other places when needed. It's also nice for traveling.
post #33 of 291 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014, 07:48 PM

Today I ordered a Z71 4WD Red Rock Metallic Crew Cab Short Bed Colorado. Test drove a 4WD LT and this truck rocks!!!

I am 59 years old, married, 5 grown kids, 5 grandchildren with a 6th on the way. Current stable of vehicles for my wife and I includes a 2000 Blazer 2 door 4WD with 199,000 miles (which the Colorado will be replacing), a 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS and a 2011 Traverse LT AWD. Been a Chevy guy most of my life. Really excited about this truck as the Blazer is getting long in the tooth, and what sold me on it was the V6 in it is the exact same V6 they have in the Camaro. Need the crew cab for when I have the grandkids. I live in Southeastern Pennsylvania and hope to meet up with some Colorado owners like I have with the 5th gen Camaros owners (SEPA5). Plan to be involved with this forum throughout the order process and my ownership of the vehicle.
post #34 of 291 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 02:33 PM

I'm still debating between waiting for the Diesel or getting a V6 extended cab when they come out.

I am 30, married, no kids, project engineer for a manufacturing facility. I am in to road cycling, running, hiking, & kayaking. I currently have a 99 Dakota sport V6 that I bought a couple years ago for a second vehicle. Its been great for the amount I paid for it. Last year we bought a small hybrid travel trailer and the Dakota pulled it but more power would have been nice. We just upgraded to a nicer/larger travel trailer that weights 3900 lbs. My wife wants to go out West next fall and the Dakota isn't an option.

The Colorado is appealing to me because it will pull my trailer ok and won't kill me on gas back and forth to work a few days a week.
post #35 of 291 (permalink) Old 10-30-2014, 04:57 PM

I'm a 55 year old male with outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, camping (towing 5K trailer) plus home renovations. I will be replacing a 10 year old Jeep Grand Cherokee with my newly ordered Colorado Z71 CC SB 4X4. The specs on it seem perfect for my needs including the ability to park it in my garage being on top of the list. I hate cleaning overnight snow, frost and ice. This is a pleasure vehicle as I drive a fleet company van. My wife drives on occasion to do some shopping so getting her convinced to buy a truck versus her much loved Jeep took some effort but after a test drive she is in agreement now. A full size would have definitely been out of the question. Our 2 grown kids have their own vehicles and my 22 year old son who drives an F150 Super Crew sure liked the Colorado when he test drove one so would not be surprised to see him switch as well.
post #36 of 291 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 01:53 PM
ADMIN

Garage
35 year old, live in gf, no kids, 3 dogs, 4 cats

I work in finance. Our house is owned. Brand new heated and insulted garage was just completed. The garage houses our current modified 2010 camaro SS and 2013 Corvette 427.

The camaro is being traded/sold and replaced by the new on order Laser Blue, CC, SB, LT, 4WD. The Colorado will be my daily driver and then next year we'll be ordering a 2016 Corvette Z06 to replace the space in the garage where the Camaro would be.

I was a gen 1 355 owner but that was traded for the Camaro.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_719486218420653.jpeg (132.6 KB, 55 views)

2015 Laser Blue Colorado LT
CC, 4X4, V6, SB

Mods:
LED light bar - 32"
HID headlights
LED fog lights
LED high beams
LED reverse lights
LED license plate lights
LED visor lights
LED dome lights
LED switchback front turn signal lights
LED cargo light turn signal conversion
LED bed lights
LED tail lights
LED sidemarkers
Canyon swapped tail lights
Red painted calipers
Supermod ported throttle body
Silver metallic rally stripes
Super Skidz skid plate
Volant CAI

Have a Colorado but want Canyon tail lights? Or vice versa CLICK HERE

***NOTE***
SITE RULES

Last edited by Blue15ColoradoLT; 12-18-2014 at 09:25 PM.
post #37 of 291 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue15ColoradoLT View Post
35 year old, live in gf, no kids, 3 dogs, 4 cats

I work in finance. Our house is owned. Brand new heated and insulted garage was just completed. The garage houses our current modified 2010 camaro SS and 2013 Corvette 427.

The camaro is being traded/sold and replaced by the new on order Laser Blue, CC, SB, LT, 4WD. The Colorado will be my daily driver and then next year we'll be ordering a 2016 Corvette Z06 to replace the space in the garage where the Camaro would be.

I was a gen 1 355 owner but that was traded for the Camaro.
And here I thought all of the insults were just for other members, you are a very fair insulter, even insult your garage.
savagebob likes this.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up cover.
post #38 of 291 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 02:05 PM
ADMIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryBosse View Post
And here I thought all of the insults were just for other members, you are a very fair insulter, even insult your garage.
This hangs on the front of the garage so yes its insulted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_1230945512772926.jpeg (121.9 KB, 54 views)

2015 Laser Blue Colorado LT
CC, 4X4, V6, SB

Mods:
LED light bar - 32"
HID headlights
LED fog lights
LED high beams
LED reverse lights
LED license plate lights
LED visor lights
LED dome lights
LED switchback front turn signal lights
LED cargo light turn signal conversion
LED bed lights
LED tail lights
LED sidemarkers
Canyon swapped tail lights
Red painted calipers
Supermod ported throttle body
Silver metallic rally stripes
Super Skidz skid plate
Volant CAI

Have a Colorado but want Canyon tail lights? Or vice versa CLICK HERE

***NOTE***
SITE RULES

post #39 of 291 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 02:15 PM

I have a Lt crew v6 4wd short on order.

I purchased a Subaru crosstreck last year and it has proven to be a bit too small for my gear and dogs, I put 50k miles on it on a year. The Colorado with a cap will provide lots of interior space and, with the addition of a platform in the bed, storage room and room for the dogs.

I'm 41, spend a ton of time traveling and am a semi pro photographer (www.bobscreekphotos.com) so I need some comfort, awd or 4wd and the ability to get off pavement.

The crosstreck was towed behind my rv, but so can the colorado, however I'm selling both the rv and Subaru and will instead use the colorado to pull a decent sized travel trailer.
post #40 of 291 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 02:20 PM

Garage
43 yo single mom with one toddler, one dog (chocolate lab). I work from home as an engineer so don't really put a ton of miles on my vehicles (~13k/yr). I currently own an 11 Equinox, 04 Sport Trac, and 04 Road King. Looking to sell/trade the Equinox and Sport Trac and downsize to one 4-wheeled vehicle. Love the versitility of a truck for DIY projects, yard items such as mulch/rock, and hauling bigger items (such as the wooden play kitchen I bought for a Christmas present) that won't fit in a SUV. Plus having towning capacity for a motorcycle trailer is great too. A full size truck is a bit of overkill for my needs, plus would be extremely tight in my garage. I refuse to scrape windows in the winter when I have a perfectly functional garage, so parking outside is not an option!

Planning to purchase a CC SB 4x4 very soon. Still debating over the LT with the luxury package and tow package or Z71, which is actually a bit less expensive but doesn't offer heated mirrors, or choice of interiors.

I have been following the Colorado roll-out since early this spring and am excited to learn the Laser Blue option is finally available (to order). I appreciate this site and the various forums/postings to help me in my decision process as well as all the ins/outs and do's/don'ts that come along with a vehicle purchase. It's quite addicting actually. :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode