Purchaser Demographics Thread - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 290 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 04:22 PM

I have a Black 2015 Canyon SLT CC 4x4 with the 6ft bed.

I'm 35 with a wife, newborn and 2 year old. My truck fits in my 230 inch garage with a few inches to spare. I have a 3700 SF home so I'm constantly hauling stuff from Home Depot and Costco to support the mothership as a I call it.

I work from home mostly as a software developer, and don't drive too much, but sometimes my contracts require me to travel around DFW. I like shooting, exercise and being outdoors since I'm indoors much of the day.

My other interest was the new Toyota 4 Runner, but the cargo space is lackluster and Toyota is falling further behind on its power trains (my wife drives a '12 Highlander).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3206.jpg (309.3 KB, 68 views)

Last edited by sdstx; 12-18-2014 at 05:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 290 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 08:44 PM

I'm 61 and have been waiting on this size truck to come out for a long time. And best of all they got the looks right. When I'm 71 I will get another as long as GM doesn't make them ugly and any bigger.
post #43 of 290 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 10:09 PM

I'm 22 not married have a daughter and a Rottweiler. I play soccer and I go road biking once in a while.
I own the 2015 Colorado v6. I drove a scion tc before the truck and what a difference it is to drive the Colorado. All have to say is that I love my truck!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20141029_182134_1418954906969.jpg (89.9 KB, 65 views)
post #44 of 290 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 11:22 PM

I'm 35 and am stepping up from a Kia Forte Koup to a Canyon SLT CC. I ordered the canyon for 3 reasons:
- I'm tired of renting trucks to get stuff done around my acreage.
- it's easier to park than a full size truck when I work downtown.
- during winter, 4x4 will come in handy on the 150km round trip commute on the highway.
post #45 of 290 (permalink) Old 12-20-2014, 11:00 AM

Looks like I am at the higher end of the age range here at 60. Been in Tech in Silicon Valley forever. Have never been without a truck since '75. Started with a '75 Toyota SR5 ( I was pissed at Chevy, because they would give me anything for my Vega... another story, no judgement please ). Finally forgave Chevy in '95 and got a base S10 EC. It was my daily Driver for eight years. With an eye to retirement, will be replacing the S10 and a 2003 Passat (both at 180K+ miles) with a Canyon. Ready to add two cylinders! This will become my Daily Driver and the vacation vehicle. We presently vacation with a 2009 Avalon (I call it "The Hearse"; a Lifestyle Vehicle for the dying!) which has the wife accustomed to creature comforts. Doesn't fit all our stuff, and leaves us wanting to go places that it won't take us (well, at least not without a lot of scraping and slipping). Not sure where retirement will take us, so I want to be prepared (does that make it a "lifestyle" vehicle?). Woodworking and Home Improvement are hobbies, so I need a bed, but I did not want the vehicle length that comes with the long bed. Early accessories will be a Truck Covers USA retractable aluminum Tonneau with Yakima rails for the bikes, and Load Extender so I can haul 4' x 8' plywood. If it becomes available, I will get a Truck Covers USA rack system for more serious materials hauling, if not, possibly a headache rack that can be easily removed. May start with a bed mat, and then decide if I want the Spray-In liner. Even if I get the liner, I will probably want the mat to keep things from sliding.

I lurked on this forum after touring Auto Row back in September having no idea what the offerings were from the various automakers. Was surprised to see that the segment had nearly disappeared. Quickly focused on the "new kids on the block" . Got a lot of good information (and some entertainment) from the forum.

I sure hope they sell a LOT of these, so more accessories will become available!

Canyon 4WD SLT Crew Cab, Short Bed, Cyber out, Jet Black In, Bose and Nav, Alert Package, Towing Package

11-20-2014 Ordered (San Jose, dealer with allocation): 11-22-2014 1100:12-02-2014 2000: 12-02-2014 3000 Got Build Sheet from GMC Chat: 12-19-2014 3300: 01-15-2015 3400 No TPW: 01-21-2015 4000 Got VIN: 01-23-2015 4200 In transit. ETA in CA 2/2:01-29-2015 4200 Seen in Elko Nevada, VDC 1/31: 02-07-2015 Picked up at dealer!

Last edited by Shoe5442; 12-20-2014 at 11:10 AM.
post #46 of 290 (permalink) Old 12-20-2014, 08:01 PM

55 I drove my 1998 Cadillac STS for 17 years with no problems. It over heated went to shut down mode and spent money trying to save her, RIP. I think I got my $49,872.00. The STS had about the same HP as the new truck. Sold My 2009 2500 HD Last year. Wanted better Gas MPG. Married Professional. Now semi-retired.
Avid bass fisher man with 3 boats. 1 disabled child 21 years old. Cannot wait to load up my bass boat and go go to Fl. this winter to fish. Something must get me about 300 HP. My Chaparral 2350 Sport Boat has a 454cid big block with 300 HP. I do not plan on towing her any long distances with this truck, one mile flat roads to the boat ramp this spring. I have been waiting since the second week of SEPT. no truck yet.
post #47 of 290 (permalink) Old 12-20-2014, 08:31 PM

Garage
Male, 55y/o, married, 6 kids (empty nester as of last month!!)

I have Lund fishing boat and a utility trailer. I need something to tow with but don't need or want the size of a full size truck. Bought a 2002 Trailblazer new and just got rid of it with 246k miles. I've been wanting to replace the TB for about 4 years but nothing out there in a mid size truck or SUV that had any towing capability.

I'm a Chevy guy with '10 AND '14 Malibu's in the garage and my two youngest daughters have '14 Captiva's. I saw the Colorado in August and knew it was what I needed and wanted. Test drove 3 before I placed my order two weeks ago.

Last edited by Morlie822; 12-20-2014 at 08:33 PM. Reason: misspelling
post #48 of 290 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 12:42 PM

Like "Old 96", and I'm even older at 68, I would never have considered a truck until the 2015 came along. The combination of size, capacity and fuel economy made it a no brainer to replace an SUV. I'm married, outdoor type and with 6 grand kids. Looking forward to ever getting my hands on it... still in the order queue somewhere!!
AK Goat likes this.
post #49 of 290 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 01:41 PM

57 drove a pick up for 32 years and then was in a santa fe, I knew I wanted this truck as soon as they started talking about it being built this fall. I started to buy a colorado but ended up with a canyon, I think they are better. I was so sure of what I was buying I didnt even drive it. I had drove a chevy and GMC when i was looking earlier but never drove this one until I was in it going home. I couldnt be happier so far
post #50 of 290 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 12:24 PM

Garage
61, Retired, buying Colorado to replace CUV. Currently tow, boat, pwc, large HT with a slide. Like to buy a Hybrid TT to replace HT. Pop up's are too much work.... This will be my first truck, size, towing capability and MPG all came together for me with this vehicle!
Mike
post #51 of 290 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 06:31 PM

31 Male, Business/House Owner Single no kids and living the dream(more like nightmares)...Ordered a Canyon SLT almost 2 months ago. FS in Toronto is a pain, always hear the cursing whenever I'm in one lol Hopefully this mid size will fit better in the streets of Toronto. Bought this bad boy to replace my Acura EL and my crotch rocket (Last riding season practically everyday someone got into a bike accident and I was one of them. taking a hiatus until I'm ready for a Harley)
post #52 of 290 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stveeg View Post
31 Male, Business/House Owner Single no kids and living the dream(more like nightmares)...Ordered a Canyon SLT almost 2 months ago. FS in Toronto is a pain, always hear the cursing whenever I'm in one lol Hopefully this mid size will fit better in the streets of Toronto. Bought this bad boy to replace my Acura EL and my crotch rocket (Last riding season practically everyday someone got into a bike accident and I was one of them. taking a hiatus until I'm ready for a Harley)
Good stuff. U will love the way this thing slides in out of parking spots. And she will be a hole lot safer to ride!
post #53 of 290 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 10:34 PM

24 M, single. Work full time in the health industry. Ordered a 2015 GMC Canyon All Terrain Crew Cab Short bed in Metallic Grey. Already have the mudflaps, weathertech mats and the wax to protect it when it arrives. I can't wait
post #54 of 290 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 12:01 PM

Hey All! I am 43 and have owned full size trucks for most of my life. The kids are grown (youngest is in college so only home on breaks and summer) but we still have the grandkids running around and grandma and I kidnap them from mom and dad as often as we can (car seat and booster seat still needed). I do a lot of hunting, fishing, towing the boat, and just about as much outdoor stuff as I can. I "downsized" from the full size because I drive around for work every day and I get reimbursed for mileage. After looking at everything in the full size market I almost bought a new Dodge 1500 with the ecodiesel. Then I found the Colorado! I weighed all of the options and I love the smaller size (although still a ton of room and almost full size enough to be practical) but still having the room and towing capacity I need. The ten to twenty thousand dollar difference was also definitely a factor. I was still unsure though and I could not find one around to test drive because as soon as a dealership would get one in it would sell. One nearby dealer sold three and all within the first day of putting them on the lot. I finally found one, though not the color I wanted, and was able to test drive it. I loved it! I loved the room, the looks of it, the quietness, and it was just everything I wanted. Soooo, I ordered it on 12/17 and now I am anxiously waiting!

2015 Colorado, Crew Cab, Short Bed, Z71, 4X4, Black
The only options I ordered were the trailering package and the spray in bed liner. Everything else I wanted was included in the Z71 package!
post #55 of 290 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 01:35 PM

48 married no kids, garage full of cars, just sometimes want a truck but after 3 F150's wanted something different. Had a ZR2 years ago and saw the prototype and that got the wheels turning. Plan on mild lift, rims and tires once it comes in. Not a big truck guy so, I drove it and loved it. It can tow one of my cars to track, so its really all I need.

Brownstone CC SB Z71 4x4 ordered 12-21-14.... canceled order 2-2-15 dealer could tell me nothing and gladly refunded my deposit.
post #56 of 290 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 01:07 PM

54, service manager at a marina. Hunt and fish as much as I can. we are replacing my wife's Monte Carlo SS with a Colorado cc, shorty, Z71.
she has been practicing with my 08 Silverado x-cab v max. I have driven a Chevy trucks since I got my license. this will be her first.
post #57 of 290 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 06:35 PM

43 YO Married with one kid and 3 dogs. I own a couple of companies and the truck I ordered will replace my Jett TDI wagon that I am giving to an employee. I have a white CC long box,nav,leather...on order as of last Wednesday. It will be my first truck and I am looking forward to the versatility of the vehicle.
post #58 of 290 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 06:50 PM

24. Female. Not married, in a relationship and have 1 kid.

Wanted something that was safer for accidents (been in 3 accidents in less than 2 years). People keep hitting me (yield signs, stop signs, red lights, etc don't seem to matter).

I wanted something big enough to be safe in without feeling huge.

I also wanted something that will hold its value. Trucks are very good at holding their value if you don't put a lot of miles on them. I drive about 10-12k miles a year and so I don't put a lot on.
post #59 of 290 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 07:16 PM

I somehow have two aliases on the site please Ignore this posting.

Last edited by Tinker000; 01-12-2015 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Brain F@at
post #60 of 290 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 08:28 PM

Ok, Now this is the right account..
38 guy married no kids, have a 04 Ranger reg cab 5sp 2wd for trade in (I've had nothing but problems with my first and last ford I think its a LEMON) I just ordered a 2015 Laser Blue V6 2wd Colorado this afternoon. Like most of the people above me I don't have a need for a full-size.

Edit: Just got off the phone with the Dealer and was informed they can't order my new wheels until the end of January due to the fact Laser Blue isn't an ordering option yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode