How Long Have Been You Waiting For Delivery - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 755Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 2392 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 10:12 PM

Ordered a 2 WD Extended Cab Z71 on 24 October. I took possession of the truck from the dealer on 10 December. Freak luck I guess. I fully expected to hear the truck was in after Christmas. The dealer told me he ordered the same truck for another guy the same day and still has yet to be built. No way to figure what is going on.
Hang in there guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 2392 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 10:53 PM

Has anyone received an follow up call this week from Kelly in GM Customer Service?

I talked with her last Saturday and she indicated that she was going to follow up this week. It appears that several others have had a similar conversation.
post #23 of 2392 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesys View Post
Has anyone received an follow up call this week from Kelly in GM Customer Service?

I talked with her last Saturday and she indicated that she was going to follow up this week. It appears that several others have had a similar conversation.
yes, a couple of times

post #24 of 2392 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooler King View Post
yes, a couple of times
Any progress on your truck and/or more info on what is causing the hold up?
post #25 of 2392 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Any progress on your truck and/or more info on what is causing the hold up?
nothing official yet, but it still seems to come down to logistics issues not quality problems ... I was told management-level customer service guy was now involved and would be able to get more answers next week
post #26 of 2392 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooler King View Post
nothing official yet, but it still seems to come down to logistics issues not quality problems ... I was told management-level customer service guy was now involved and would be able to get more answers next week
Thanks - Not going to get my hopes up but that sounds like some progress.
Hopefully will hear something next week.

I still suspect that it is a combination of logistics, plant QC prioritization, and quality although some trucks may only be affected by one.

The QC prioritization is plant specific. It appears that Wentzville was performing post production QC on a last-in first-out basis.

There is some information that GM is waiting on some parts (seat belt bolts for example) that are due in late December.

Logistics is mostly out of GM's control, especially rail transportation.
Not sure how the Wentzville <-> Hazelwood shipping affects other truck shipments.
post #27 of 2392 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 12:44 AM

Quote:

Just finished responding to an encouraging email from GMCustSvc. they are hoping to start reporting actual movement in the next week.

Fingers Crossed.

Canyon Crew Cab SLT V6, 4x4, Long Bed, Quicksilver Metallic, Black Leather, Nav, Safety Package & Spray-on Bedliner.
Built: November 18, 2014 Delivered: January 17, 2015

post #28 of 2392 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtrema01 View Post
Just finished responding to an encouraging email from GMCustSvc. they are hoping to start reporting actual movement in the next week.

Fingers Crossed.
Did they indicate what was going to happen to start some movement?
post #29 of 2392 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 06:29 AM

Ordered on October 30, built Nov 10th I think it was. Salesman checks weekly with Global and updates me. It was QC'd, and last we can find out it's bayed for shipment.
I think he'd like to strangle the delivery companies, it isn't just the twins having problems getting out, he has a couple SUV's that are way late. Don't forget trucks and SUV's apparently are selling very well so we're not the only ones ordering and waiting.
I did just find one similar to what I ordered about 70 miles away while searching, typing GMC dealers in S.E. Michigan in the search engine. Debating on asking my salesman to see if he can trade or going out there myself and just buying it if he can't do a trade.
post #30 of 2392 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Did they indicate what was going to happen to start some movement?
Not specifically, but in my case the truck would make it over to the spray in bed liner facility to get finished.

Movement is movement.

Canyon Crew Cab SLT V6, 4x4, Long Bed, Quicksilver Metallic, Black Leather, Nav, Safety Package & Spray-on Bedliner.

post #31 of 2392 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 08:35 AM

I ordered on Aug 27 th. My truck is suppose to be on the way!!!
post #32 of 2392 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndibble View Post
I ordered my Colorado 13 weeks ago on September 12 and the only information I can get, bayed since the build date November 10. Unable get any information on estimated delivery date from dealer or customer service. I did get a call from Kelly at customer service last Saturday Dec 6 said she would call the factory on Monday September 8 and get back to me, still waiting for that. Even the build sheet on mine lists it as R9Z- POMS Expedite Sold Orders/TSE, what does expedite mean? I can under stand quality issues but GM does not seem to care if customers get their vehicles in a timely manner. If GM is unable to deliver a vehicle for any reason they should build another one and get it to their customers? Come on GM help us out here; even an estimated delivery date is better than nothing. !!! Sold vehicles do not seem take priority over stock ones. If you have ordered and your truck has not been delivered how have you been waiting
I ordered on Aug. 27 th. My truck is suppose to be on the way ????
post #33 of 2392 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 09:06 AM

At last update yesterday mine was at the facility either awaiting or just completing the spray-in bed liner.

2015 - born 12/3/14 (built on a Wednesday!);
picked up 1/3/15; CC SB 4x4 LT Green Lux pkg, Conv pkg, Ext Conv pkg, Tow pkg, Spray-in liner.
post #34 of 2392 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 10:29 AM

I'm a newcomer around here and I ordered my Redhot CCSB w/ spray-in bedliner mid-November. From what I'm hearing, I would guess that a February/March delivery is realistic. I'm OK with that. Been driving the Blazer for 12 years... I can wait another 12 weeks.
post #35 of 2392 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 10:40 AM

So has anyone been told where the spray in liner place is? Is it next door or is that why my truck went to Madison IL across the river?

2015 Red Rock Metallic CC Z71 SB with nav, bose, Spray in liner, Mud Guards, Trailering and Truxedo lopro QT cover ordered on Sept 12. Received truck on 12/19 and got the 3 inch off road bars comped for all the problems with GM.
post #36 of 2392 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 10:58 AM

I also ordered the Spray In Bedliner for my Colorado LT, LB, 2WD, on 10/2/14, built 11/5/14. It is my understanding from other thread postings that the liner is put in by Ground Effects, and I think they are about 1 mile or so from the Wentzville plant. I am also still waiting for my truck as patient as I can....
post #37 of 2392 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel F View Post
I also ordered the Spray In Bedliner for my Colorado LT, LB, 2WD, on 10/2/14, built 11/5/14. It is my understanding from other thread postings that the liner is put in by Ground Effects, and I think they are about 1 mile or so from the Wentzville plant. I am also still waiting for my truck as patient as I can....
I also ordered a spray in bed liner which will delay delivery a few days, but at this point it will not make any difference. A lot of us will probably not get delivery till after the holidays anyway.
post #38 of 2392 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety Tom View Post
I'm a newcomer around here and I ordered my Redhot CCSB w/ spray-in bedliner mid-November. From what I'm hearing, I would guess that a February/March delivery is realistic. I'm OK with that. Been driving the Blazer for 12 years... I can wait another 12 weeks.
Actually those who ordered in November have been taking delivery in December (that why there is some gnashing of teeth around here with those who ordered in Aug/Sep/Oct, that have not got our vehicles). So depending on where you are in the build process you might be getting it here in late december or early January.
post #39 of 2392 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 11:49 AM

I think the important thing to remember is that GMCustSvc is telling us that they see movement is coming within the next couple of weeks.

We will see, but I am confident that they are getting a heads up that our trucks will be moving.

post #40 of 2392 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 01:30 PM

I'm at 13 weeks also. Ordered a colorado WT EXT cab 4x4 convience and appearance pkgs and bed liner in Brownstone Metallic on Sept 12. Update yesterday by dealer said in Hazelwood MO, completed QC 12-9 now bayed waiting shipment! I dont think I'll ever see it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode