How Long Have Been You Waiting For Delivery - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 757Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 04:42 PM

I ordered a Canyon SLT on October 30th through a local dealer 7 miles from where I live. The truck was made on November 20th. It is currently sitting in Lawrenceville, Georgia at a rail line. It has been there since December 6th. The dealer I preordered from got mad at me for in his words "questioning my sales folks on every little thing." He told me he did not want my business and for me to find any dealer I wanted to call him about picking up the truck when it came in. I ended up selecting a sales rep who at one time worked north of where I live at another Chevy dealership. He has since moved to Atlanta and works for a huge Chevy/GM dealer there. His company agreed to take over my truck. The truck is now at at this rail line maybe 20 minutes from where the Atlanta dealer is located. However I am being told that my truck must first be trucked to the dealer who originally preorderd the truck for me and then the dealer in Atlanta will have to truck the vehicle back to Atlanta to prep it then bring it back to me where I live. I live 7 miles from the dealer who preordered the truck. This is the dealer who got mad at me. I am 140 miles from the dealer in Atlanta. I have talked to GM. They seem to understand what the situation is. Will they make it so the truck can go to the Atlanta dealer instead of having to travel south to within 7 miles of me only to have to be then trucked back to Atlanta for prep work? This is what I am trying to get worked out with GMC. Talk about a screwed up mess!!!

Then to make it worse a Chevy dealer 60 miles south of where I live has on his lot 2 Canyon SLT's exactly like the one I preordered. My advise to anyone thinking about preordering would be to NOT DO IT. When this mess finally breaks open Colorado's and Canyon's will be popping up everywhere.

Last edited by Sassi4; 12-13-2014 at 04:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 05:15 PM

Ordered Sept 10. Status unknown
post #43 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 07:05 PM

Why not go buy one of the ones sitting on the dealers lot?

Cheers,

Jim

post #44 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniceptor86 View Post
I want a Z71 extended cab with V6 ... none in my area. One local dealer did get several extended cabs, but they were LTs with 4 cylinder engine ... I'm not going to settle at this point.
post #45 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooler King View Post
I want a Z71 extended cab with V6 ... none in my area. One local dealer did get several extended cabs, but they were LTs with 4 cylinder engine ... I'm not going to settle at this point.
For grins, did a Chevy search for extended cabs in DFW area. Showed 19 extended cabs, but when I selected on V6, dropped to only 4 showing. None of the 19 were Z71.

Of the 4 with V6, 3 were WT and 1 was a LT. Only one of the trucks, a WT, is 4WD.

Obviously, none of these may actually be here, they may all be in transit.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
post #46 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 10:46 PM

Went by Flint truck today. Was going about 65 mph so the pictures aren't real great but it looked like they had a bunch waiting to go out. Of course Silverado's and such aren't as rare.

However feel free to feel bad. Not as bad as this guy felt here in Michigan's thumb today though. Seemed a little sluggish in the 33 degree weather.

post #47 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooler King View Post
Me too!

Closest one in 235 miles away.
Second closest is 600 miles away.

(Both dealers had photos so the trucks are real)

Lots of extended cab I4 2WD are showing up as work trucks or base LTs.
post #48 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryBosse View Post
For grins, did a Chevy search for extended cabs in DFW area. Showed 19 extended cabs, but when I selected on V6, dropped to only 4 showing. None of the 19 were Z71.

Of the 4 with V6, 3 were WT and 1 was a LT. Only one of the trucks, a WT, is 4WD.

Obviously, none of these may actually be here, they may all be in transit.
That is also what I have been seeing.

If it would be otherwise, I might just go buy one of them and cancel my order.
post #49 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniceptor86 View Post
20+ Chevy/GMC dealers within 100 miles. Only about 4 have any inventory and thats limited. Most dealers have not even had one in stock yet.
post #50 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsfsd View Post
20+ Chevy/GMC dealers within 100 miles. Only about 4 have any inventory and thats limited. Most dealers have not even had one in stock yet.
I have seen inventory at local dealers since Sept 21.

Most has either been loaded Z71 CC Long Bed or Work Trucks.

Have seen several Extended Cabs but they have been I4 2WD WT/LT and one that was already sold (just saw it driving).

There are a lot of dealers that appear to have some physical inventory (have photos) which has been consistent for some time.

They also appear to have lots of trucks on order/transit.
post #51 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 04:49 AM Thread Starter

My truck ordered on Sept 12th had been stuck at 4B00 since being built, recently changed to 4300 and moved from Wentzille to Hazelwood. 101 days since ordering and no delivery date in sight. After over 14 weeks even an estimated delivery date would be nice and GM doesn't seem to care when we get our trucks. Come on GM take care of your customers!!!!

Last edited by ndibble; 12-23-2014 at 04:40 AM.
post #52 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndibble View Post
My truck ordered on Nov 12th had been stuck at 4B00 since being built, recently changed to 4300 and moved from Wentzille to Hazelwood. 101 days since ordering and no delivery date in sight. After over 14 weeks even an estimated delivery date would be nice and GM doesn't seem to care when we get our trucks. Come on GM take care of your customers!!!!
When did you order?? Nov. 12 is not 101 days. Was it built Nov. 12?? Still waiting for mine too.

2015 Canyon SLE All Terrain Extended Cab with Heavy Duty Trailer Package, Cyber Gray Metallic, navigation, and spray in bed liner. Ordered Oct. 28th, delivered January 21st to dealer (Billion Automotive Sioux Falls, SD) and finally picked up by me January 22nd.
post #53 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 10:23 AM

red z71 ordered 10/23, dealer just called truck has arrived. picking up tomorrow.
post #54 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 11:56 AM

Well I can forget about a sliding rear window after talking with my dealer. He informed me that a modification to the order would also cause the vehicle to be re queued in the production schedule to a later date. As it stands now I placed the order on October 29 and the build date is now set for January 26 not counting allowing for shipment I'm looking at closer to 4 months from start to finish. .....
post #55 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reltnie View Post
When did you order?? Nov. 12 is not 101 days. Was it built Nov. 12?? Still waiting for mine too.
sorry Sept 12 is my order date, built Nov 10

Last edited by ndibble; 12-22-2014 at 02:29 PM.
post #56 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 02:37 PM

Been waiting since the first of October, but just called the dealer and the truck has been built and is sitting in Missouri. Who knows how long still..

15' Canyon All Terrain, 3.6L
post #57 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 08:27 PM

Starting to get a small tingle of pre excitement.
From chat tonight:

Andrew [8:21 PM]: My resources are showing that your vehicle in on it's way to the dealership and should arrive in the next 24 hours. This date is subject to change, however.

May have to hang around the dealership for the day to see if the truck comes in.......or maybe not.
post #58 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorf View Post
Starting to get a small tingle of pre excitement.
From chat tonight:

Andrew [8:21 PM]: My resources are showing that your vehicle in on it's way to the dealership and should arrive in the next 24 hours. This date is subject to change, however.

May have to hang around the dealership for the day to see if the truck comes in.......or maybe not.
When did you order? Desperately looking for clues as to when mine might move. Thanks!!

2015 Canyon SLE All Terrain Extended Cab with Heavy Duty Trailer Package, Cyber Gray Metallic, navigation, and spray in bed liner. Ordered Oct. 28th, delivered January 21st to dealer (Billion Automotive Sioux Falls, SD) and finally picked up by me January 22nd.

Last edited by Reltnie; 12-22-2014 at 08:53 PM.
post #59 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reltnie View Post
When did you order? Desperately looking for clues as to when mine might move. Thanks!!
October 30th. Silver SLT with spray in bed liner and mud flaps.
Probably going to my insurance guy tomorrow and give him the VIN so he can start what needs to be done to be insured quickly.
Just remember Andrew said the timing could change. Truck driver could decide not to drive to Michigan if it meant he'd be late getting home for Christmas I guess.
post #60 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 10:22 PM
dbb

Ordered accepted 11/4. Built 12/9, been at 4B00 since. Salesman says not in QC expects delivery in Jan. Colorado V6 Z71 SB cyber gray.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode