How Long Have Been You Waiting For Delivery - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 757Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Question How Long Have Been You Waiting For Delivery

I ordered my Colorado 13 weeks ago on September 12 and the only information I can get, bayed since the build date November 10. Unable get any information on estimated delivery date from dealer or customer service. I did get a call from Kelly at customer service last Saturday Dec 6 said she would call the factory on Monday September 8 and get back to me, still waiting for that. Even the build sheet on mine lists it as R9Z- POMS Expedite Sold Orders/TSE, what does expedite mean? I can under stand quality issues but GM does not seem to care if customers get their vehicles in a timely manner. If GM is unable to deliver a vehicle for any reason they should build another one and get it to their customers? Come on GM help us out here; even an estimated delivery date is better than nothing. !!! Sold vehicles do not seem take priority over stock ones. If you have ordered and your truck has not been delivered how have you been waiting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 04:34 PM
PsJ

My order was accepted on Nov. 3rd (I think) and was told by the salesman that it could take up to 12 weeks. I agreed to that and therefore will accept the wait but if I don't see that truck by the time 12 weeks expire, I'm done, and will go down the road to the Dodge dealer.

3 months is long enough to wait for a vehicle and if GM doesn't need my business bad enough to make that happen, I'll go elsewhere. The vehicle I'm driving now needs many repairs and I'm not willing to make them and then buy a new truck.
post #3 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 04:42 PM

Ordered 10/12/14. Built,status 3800 yesterday when updated thru chat. Also got my VIN #. Not getting too excited, based on other members experiences. Will wait and see how much progress happens in the next couple of weeks before Christmas shutdown. I'm in central Illinois, 2 and a half hours from plant to bad they don't allow customer pick ups at the plant!

Canyon SLT
Summit White- Cocoa/dune interior
CC/SB
4X4
Chrome running boards
Driver alert

post #4 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 04:45 PM
PsJ

One positive I'd like to add is that the closer it gets to 12 weeks, the more cash I'm saving towards the down payment so I may actually be able to take the loan out for 36 months. So, it's not all bad.
post #5 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 04:48 PM

I just ordered last Saturday. Dealer told me to expect 8-10 weeks wait time.
post #6 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 04:52 PM

My wait just ended. Ext cab Z71 2WD ordered Sept 20. At my request, dealer called GM rep week of Thanksgiving to inquire about the wait. Following week, order was moving again. Delivered to dealer today.
post #7 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 05:04 PM

Ordered August 11th, Built Oct 3rd, then has gone from intermediate delivery to bayed a few times, and before GM cut off all consumer communication it was waiting for a bed liner or train. Still no ETA.

Last edited by SlickZ; 12-12-2014 at 05:13 PM.
post #8 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 05:30 PM

Ordered 10/6, picked up Monday 12/8. Cyber gray, Z71, 2WD

Last edited by lwstrick; 12-12-2014 at 07:09 PM.
post #9 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 05:39 PM

waiting since August ... assuming the truck gets delivered, will probably qualify for the February mid-winter rebates
post #10 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 05:40 PM

Ordered my CC, LB, LT, loaded, on 10/2/14. Truck was built on 11/5/14. Truck sent to Hazlewood after that. Has been sitting there ever since, at 4B00 - Bayed. No QC holds either on it. Still not even a guess from GM if it will be moved back to Wentzville this year to sit and wait some more for a train ride to my VDC and dealership in Southern California .....
post #11 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 06:01 PM

I ordered 10/5. It was built by 11/3 and status 4000 ready to ship. Invoiced to dealer with expected delivery 11/21. Yesterday chat said it was 4300 and in Hazelwood.

And today I get E-mail from GMC......Purchase and Delivery Satisfaction Survey!!!!!........

And I'm not to sure if I will ever see the truck. 10 weeks so far and after 12, forget it!
post #12 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooler King View Post
waiting since August ... assuming the truck gets delivered, will probably qualify for the February mid-winter rebates
Only ordered in late October, I am figuring a late January / late February delivery at this point. Anything past that with a truck built on 11/18 is just also past my point of patience and I will talk to dealer about canceling.

I really feel for you all that ordered in September. It is inexcusable and Horrible that it took this long.

At this point I am starting to think that GM should make at least a token effort to make it up to people that are approaching double the estimated time of delivery.
For extended cab orders it should be from when GM accepted the order for production.

I would also advise all of those thinking of ordering to not order till GM fixes this mess. Adding orders to a system that can not respond to the existing orders just gums it more for all. Look for vehicles on lots. If I had to do it again it would make the deal on the phone and fly out to theses places to get what I wanted and save some money to boot.

Starting to think that this purchase was a mistake. It is more than clear to me that the executives of GM don't give a rats-but about the customer, and don't know how to deliver product to the customer. This state of mismanagement makes me feel sad because the customer service and dealer employees have really been the best that I have ever dealt with. Just not seeing the corporation respond to the needs of its customers.

I had some truck related items on my Santa wish list this year, This week I told my wife not not get me anything for the truck as I had doubts it would ever materialize and I wanted to put the truck out my mind and have an enjoyable Christmas.

Angry and disappointed.

Canyon Crew Cab SLT V6, 4x4, Long Bed, Quicksilver Metallic, Black Leather, Nav, Safety Package & Spray-on Bedliner.
Built: November 18, 2014 Delivered: January 17, 2015

post #13 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 06:57 PM

Mine was ordered and built within a couple of days of Xtrema01. GM Chat says it still is in Hazelwood available to ship. It showed up Tuesday on my dealers website as "in transit". Does this mean I actually may have it soon or is it more false hope?..Thanks`
post #14 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 07:04 PM

Mine showed as " in transit" but the delivery time has expired and now shows only bayed. I was really hopeful, but now there is no way of knowing when it may show.

Hopefully yours will just get on the train and actually be shipped.
post #15 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 07:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to bjames Send a message via MSN to bjames Send a message via Yahoo to bjames
Ordered Sep 2nd at dealer in Seattle. Most recent update was in Marysville, KS.

So it seems to have moved about 400 miles in 3 months. At that rate I should get it in about 12 more months. So maybe by Christmas next year.

If you go off of when it left the factory after being built then it traveled 400 miles in one month so it should arrive Mar/Apr sometime. Oh wait, it then has to travel by truck up to my dealership. I should probably add another month on that.
post #16 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Carter View Post
Mine was ordered and built within a couple of days of Xtrema01. GM Chat says it still is in Hazelwood available to ship. It showed up Tuesday on my dealers website as "in transit". Does this mean I actually may have it soon or is it more false hope?..Thanks`
It is a false hope.

Mine has been INTRANSIT on the dealer website since thanksgiving, but it doesn't mean anything (it really a issue with their status system because they are moving vehicles to location for storage). Mine is sitting in Hazelwood, Bayed. This is what my dealer heard back from GM:

"We Hope to have the affected Colorados units shipping to dealers in the next 3 weeks" - that was on December 2.

He told me what is affecting shipments is not related to just my Colorado, but a lot of them.
post #17 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 07:37 PM

post #18 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 09:10 PM

You might want to take some time away from this site - you have nothing positive to say, every post is snarky and I'm afraid you are going to get your self sick from all your negativity.

Comeback in 6 month once all the issue with delivering vehicle are passed and it will be a much more joyful forum and you can revel with the rest of us in owning this great vehicle.
Karsin likes this.
post #19 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 09:37 PM

Making progress slowly . . .

2015 - born 12/3/14 (built on a Wednesday!);
picked up 1/3/15; CC SB 4x4 LT Green Lux pkg, Conv pkg, Ext Conv pkg, Tow pkg, Spray-in liner.
post #20 of 2395 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 09:43 PM

Ordered 12.6, order status 3000, so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode