General Motors Production Codes - LIST - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 13Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 08:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postpartum Aggression View Post
With a selection like that it sounds like you're in Winnipeg!
I wish! (well, maybe not really)

If I drank or bribed a 100 Mile Diet, I'd be limited to Moosehead and bad red wine.

The Man at the dealer reports my order is still at 1100. After 35 days. I understand this to be a lack of allocation. Now to find out if it's this dealer alone (which is very large) or a Canada thang.
skua is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 08:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Postpartum Aggression's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: South of 46
Posts: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
I wish! (well, maybe not really)

If I drank or bribed a 100 Mile Diet, I'd be limited to Moosehead and bad red wine.

The Man at the dealer reports my order is still at 1100. After 35 days. I understand this to be a lack of allocation. Now to find out if it's this dealer alone (which is very large) or a Canada thang.
Allocation, as you may know, is controlled by the GM Rep for your dealer marketing area. This is a critical relationship for your dealer principal as baby Duramax are a hot commodity right now and every dealer is asking for two or three. So things like CSI, reduced warranty claims, moving slow selling units, taking excess program cars, etc. builds capital with the rep.

The dealer my family has dealt with for 20 years could sell 15 corvettes a year - but only has an allocation for four - because they don't shovel enough excrement for GM. So they loose those good high profit sales to far away dealers. GM doesn't care because they still make the sale. Ain't nobody hot for a 'vette or baby Duramax switching to Dodge or Ford.

And just a final point on this: 20 years ago when I ordered my Impala SS, which was the hot car of its day, that same dealer was allocated a grand total of one unit for the entire model year.

Postpartum Aggression

Current Fleet:
2014 Cruze Diesel (daily grinder)
2008 DTS Lux III (pleasure craft)
1996 Impala SS (garage queen)

Retired Fleet:
1999 Tahoe PPV (14.5 years / 135,879 miles)
1988 Caprice 9C1 (first new car)
1984 6000 STE (first car)

Last edited by Postpartum Aggression; 12-10-2015 at 08:53 PM.
Postpartum Aggression is offline  
post #43 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015, 01:49 PM
Senior Member
 
CrashFix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Posts: 908
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postpartum Aggression View Post
With a selection like that it sounds like you're in Winnipeg!
If he was in Winterpeg it would most likely be Pilsner!



2015 Canyon SLT | 4WD | CC | SB | V6 | Summit White | Blk Leather | Nav | Bose | Safety Pkg | Remote Start | 5" Blk Assist Steps | GM Splash Guards | OBDLink MX Bluetooth Adapter & Torque Pro Software | Bull Ring Tie Downs | X-Pel Clear Film (Door Sill & Rear Lower Box) | Husky X-act Contour Front & Back Floor Mats | Z71/All-Terrain Transfer Case Skid Plate | SuperSkidz Front Skid Plate | Rocker Pinch Welds Blacked Out | Debadged | Blizzacks (For Winter)
How to Search vBulletin.org effectively
CrashFix is offline  
 
post #44 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015, 06:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Postpartum Aggression's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: South of 46
Posts: 792
I thought Pil was Alberta specific. Doesn't Winnipeg have its own beer? And it's not Blue that I'm thinking about. Wasn't it called Club?

Postpartum Aggression

Current Fleet:
2014 Cruze Diesel (daily grinder)
2008 DTS Lux III (pleasure craft)
1996 Impala SS (garage queen)

Retired Fleet:
1999 Tahoe PPV (14.5 years / 135,879 miles)
1988 Caprice 9C1 (first new car)
1984 6000 STE (first car)
Postpartum Aggression is offline  
post #45 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015, 08:55 PM
Senior Member
 
lqdchkn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Concord CA
Posts: 2,098
sub'd
lqdchkn is offline  
post #46 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 10:02 AM
Member
 
duff645's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Oakland County, SE Mich
Posts: 50
FYI: on contacting GM (via Live Chat) .... I just tried that a few minutes ago. I gave my order number and the Chat Person stated that they no longer handing out production / event codes on your orders. Bummer. I did sign up for Chevy's Customer Care Center weekly emails on my production status.

Anyways, I found out from my salesperson that I have a prod code = 3400 and it was scheduled for this week. So I hope to hear some happy news from GM early part of next week.
Jerkyking likes this.
duff645 is offline  
post #47 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 10:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Devilmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Why do you need to know?
Posts: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by duff645 View Post
FYI: on contacting GM (via Live Chat) .... I just tried that a few minutes ago. I gave my order number and the Chat Person stated that they no longer handing out production / event codes on your orders. Bummer. I did sign up for Chevy's Customer Care Center weekly emails on my production status.

Anyways, I found out from my salesperson that I have a prod code = 3400 and it was scheduled for this week. So I hope to hear some happy news from GM early part of next week.
ya they started doing that last week to me too... kind of a pointless chat feature now. and a really stupid idea
Devilmonkey is offline  
post #48 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 03:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 143
^ So GM chat told me yesterday (Monday) my Canyon has a TPW of 4/11, never mentioned anything of emailing me status...gonna try again Friday and see what happens...
joeydiver is offline  
post #49 of 63 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Gilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Evansville WI
Posts: 1,751
Garage
Sorry if this thread is too old to post on. It's at the top so hard to resist, and it's not locked so here I am.
Ordered 2/17/17. Salesman updated me that it went to 2000, and a few days ago 3000.
I chatted the people at the Chevy site for info.
They didn't say the code, but gave me a TPW of 3/13/17. Copy of what she said:
"Agent Lakeshia says: Your order status has been accepted by GM with a target production week of 03/13/2017. Please be advised that actual production is subject to plant scheduling "

Does this mean I am beyond 3000 already?
I was hoping to get it sometime in April, to me I am looking at really early April, unless these numbers get pushed back a lot. How accurate would that be at this time, that's only a little over 2 weeks away.
Thanks everyone. I am in Evansville WI so not a great distance from MO, could drive there in under 10 hours I'd guess.
RatRacer likes this.

Ordered 2/17/17.
Gilly is online now  
post #50 of 63 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:59 AM
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
Sorry if this thread is too old to post on. It's at the top so hard to resist, and it's not locked so here I am.
.
Most of us are using the thread below to post new order info, etc.
'It is more current.

Maybe delete your post and repost it there.

Anyone Ordered A 2017?
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
post #51 of 63 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: S.W. Florida
Posts: 2,392
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
Sorry if this thread is too old to post on. It's at the top so hard to resist, and it's not locked so here I am.
Ordered 2/17/17. Salesman updated me that it went to 2000, and a few days ago 3000.
I chatted the people at the Chevy site for info.
They didn't say the code, but gave me a TPW of 3/13/17. Copy of what she said:
"Agent Lakeshia says: Your order status has been accepted by GM with a target production week of 03/13/2017. Please be advised that actual production is subject to plant scheduling "

Does this mean I am beyond 3000 already?
I was hoping to get it sometime in April, to me I am looking at really early April, unless these numbers get pushed back a lot. How accurate would that be at this time, that's only a little over 2 weeks away.
Thanks everyone. I am in Evansville WI so not a great distance from MO, could drive there in under 10 hours I'd guess.
Congrats!
You got in under the wire, because Brownstone is no longer available on the Chevy build site.
RatRacer is offline  
post #52 of 63 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Member
 
rich's Z71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Hobe Sound Florida
Posts: 35
Garage
You can track your order this way


All 6th Gen Camaro Order Status Requests & List of Status Codes - Page 2633 - CAMARO6


Sign up to Camaro6 forum..link above will get you to Becky from Rodgers Chevrolet in MI. she does order checks for US orders only...plus she gives really great deals on whatever Chevrolet product you want...even ships all over the U.S.

pictures on my profile of my truck during
assembly on 01-09-2017 Wentzville Mo.
rich's Z71 is offline  
post #53 of 63 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Gilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Evansville WI
Posts: 1,751
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatRacer View Post
Congrats!
You got in under the wire, because Brownstone is no longer available on the Chevy build site.
HOLY moley, you are right, of course I had to go look, man I must be one of the last, any idea when they dropped the color? Good thing too since I have already bought a brownstone grill! Man.
Anyways, my salesman is happy to let me know of changes or looking up the status, really a good guy and becoming a good friend too.
So I ask him this morning, he is still seeing the status at 3000 but is also seeing the TPW date. Am wondering 2 things:
First, I was wondering if they want to try to do Crew cab long boxes in lets say a "batch", if any truck would be weird to make it would be this, since as I see it it is the only one with a different (longer) frame?
Second, now that I know brownstone is discontinued, maybe that has an effect, like it's the last week they want to do Brownstone trucks? Do they usually want to do colors in batches as well, wouldn't there need to be some process they need to go through between colors?

Ordered 2/17/17.
Gilly is online now  
post #54 of 63 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:20 PM
ADMIN

 
Blue15ColoradoLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sayreville, NJ
Posts: 2,277
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich's Z71 View Post
You can track your order this way


All 6th Gen Camaro Order Status Requests & List of Status Codes - Page 2633 - CAMARO6


Sign up to Camaro6 forum..link above will get you to Becky from Rodgers Chevrolet in MI. she does order checks for US orders only...plus she gives really great deals on whatever Chevrolet product you want...even ships all over the U.S.
Becky already gave me my response:

CAMARO6 - View Single Post - All 6th Gen Camaro Order Status Requests & List of Status Codes

2015 Laser Blue Colorado LT
CC, 4X4, V6, SB

Mods:
LED light bar - 32"
HID headlights
LED fog lights
LED high beams
LED reverse lights
LED license plate lights
LED visor lights
LED dome lights
LED switchback front turn signal lights
LED cargo light turn signal conversion
LED bed lights
LED tail lights
LED sidemarkers
Canyon swapped tail lights
Red painted calipers
Supermod ported throttle body
Silver metallic rally stripes
Super Skidz skid plate
Volant CAI

Have a Colorado but want Canyon tail lights? Or vice versa CLICK HERE

***NOTE***
SITE RULES

Blue15ColoradoLT is offline  
post #55 of 63 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Gilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Evansville WI
Posts: 1,751
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatRacer View Post
Congrats!
You got in under the wire, because Brownstone is no longer available on the Chevy build site.
Again I see it is gone, where did you hear the info from?
RatRacer likes this.

Ordered 2/17/17.
Gilly is online now  
post #56 of 63 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 04:30 PM
Member
 
rich's Z71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Hobe Sound Florida
Posts: 35
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue15ColoradoLT View Post
very cool..you are one of the lucky ones to get allocation

pictures on my profile of my truck during
assembly on 01-09-2017 Wentzville Mo.
rich's Z71 is offline  
post #57 of 63 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 04:33 PM
Member
 
rich's Z71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Hobe Sound Florida
Posts: 35
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
HOLY moley, you are right, of course I had to go look, man I must be one of the last, any idea when they dropped the color? Good thing too since I have already bought a brownstone grill! Man.
Anyways, my salesman is happy to let me know of changes or looking up the status, really a good guy and becoming a good friend too.
So I ask him this morning, he is still seeing the status at 3000 but is also seeing the TPW date. Am wondering 2 things:
First, I was wondering if they want to try to do Crew cab long boxes in lets say a "batch", if any truck would be weird to make it would be this, since as I see it it is the only one with a different (longer) frame?
Second, now that I know brownstone is discontinued, maybe that has an effect, like it's the last week they want to do Brownstone trucks? Do they usually want to do colors in batches as well, wouldn't there need to be some process they need to go through between colors?


I emailed a friend of mine that works at the Wentzville plant......and asked him if he had time to respond to your post....he would know the answers to your questions....he works in management.......he will probably respond through my log in name

pictures on my profile of my truck during
assembly on 01-09-2017 Wentzville Mo.
rich's Z71 is offline  
post #58 of 63 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 06:09 PM
ADMIN

 
Blue15ColoradoLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sayreville, NJ
Posts: 2,277
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich's Z71 View Post
very cool..you are one of the lucky ones to get allocation
i reached out to every local dealer till i found one with an allocation.

2015 Laser Blue Colorado LT
CC, 4X4, V6, SB

Mods:
LED light bar - 32"
HID headlights
LED fog lights
LED high beams
LED reverse lights
LED license plate lights
LED visor lights
LED dome lights
LED switchback front turn signal lights
LED cargo light turn signal conversion
LED bed lights
LED tail lights
LED sidemarkers
Canyon swapped tail lights
Red painted calipers
Supermod ported throttle body
Silver metallic rally stripes
Super Skidz skid plate
Volant CAI

Have a Colorado but want Canyon tail lights? Or vice versa CLICK HERE

***NOTE***
SITE RULES

Blue15ColoradoLT is offline  
post #59 of 63 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM
Member
 
rich's Z71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Hobe Sound Florida
Posts: 35
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue15ColoradoLT View Post
i reached out to every local dealer till i found one with an allocation.
that's going to be one awesome car!...I just say a picture of Becky at Daytona standing by a ZL1 1le no price yet but the 1le option will be avalieble soon

pictures on my profile of my truck during
assembly on 01-09-2017 Wentzville Mo.
rich's Z71 is offline  
post #60 of 63 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: S.W. Florida
Posts: 2,392
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
Again I see it is gone, where did you hear the info from?
Sorry for the delay, I was at the dealer picking up my new Brownstone Z71 CCSB.
I didn't hear anything from anybody, just pointing it out that it was gone.
RatRacer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome