Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

General Motors Production Codes - LIST

81K views 70 replies 38 participants last post by  Cool28 
#1 ·
Found this on another site while trying to interpret what Production Code 3000 meant for my Colorado on order. Maybe this could be a sticky?

GM Production Codes
1000 Order On Hold at Dealership
1100 Order Placed at Dealership
1101 Order Entered into System
1102 Order Entered via Web
2000 Order Accepted by GM
2001 Order Generated to Dealer
2005 Order Replaced with GM Prospec Order
2030 Order Edited by GM
2500 Order Preferenced, Sent to Production
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to Sequence
3300 Order Selected, Scheduled for Production by Assembly Plant *
3400 Order Broadcasted for Production, loaded on assembly plant computers
3800 Vehicle Produced, VIN is available
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced
4200 Vehicle Shipped
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4V03 Estimated Delivery Date
4B00 Bayed, vehicle is waiting on transportation or pulled for quality control
4800 Rail Ramp Unload, vehicle at RR destination to await truck transport to dealer
5000 Vehicle Delivered to Dealer
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer
9000 Order Cancelled
* Target Production Week (TPW) is usually available by status code 3300.

See less See more
#2 ·
I wonder if this could be stickied to the top of the ORDER forum?

#3 ·
I got this one over at the camaro forums, a bit different. I know I went to 4B00 to 4300?:roll:
Just saying'
ymmv
Mike ::chevy::1000 Order On Hold at Dealership
1100 Order Placed at Dealership
1101 Order Entered into System
1102 Order Entered via Web
2000 Order Accepted by Chevrolet
2001 Order Generated to Dealer
2005 Order Replaced with GM Prospec Order
2030 Order Edited by Chevrolet
2050 Order Changed
2500 Order Preferenced (or “Picked Up” or “Imaged”), Sent to Production
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to Sequence (now becomes more stable)
3300 Order Selected and Scheduled for Production by Assembly Plant (Target Production Week usually available now)
3400 Order Broadcasted for Production (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 Vehicle Produced
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4B00 Bayed (“B”, not 8)
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced (Dealer Billed)
4200 Vehicle Shipped
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4V03 Estimated Delivery Date
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
5000 Vehicle Delivered to Dealer
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer
9000 Order Cancelled

#5 ·
That's great! Now, how do I use that?

How can I find out what Production Code my truck is at??

Thanks!

#7 · (Edited)
Here is a more detailed version:

· 500, this is a dealer stock order code used to order common vehicles. Please contact your dealer to receive an actual active order number.

· 1100, Preliminary order accepted (This means your dealer has entered your order into their system but does not mean they have the allocation to submit the order to GM yet. Speak with your dealer to verify when they expect to be able to submit your order for production)

· 2000, Order accepted by GM (This means the order has been submitted and accepted by production. You are now on your way.)

· 2030, Order re-edited (if necessary) (This is simply an edit code showing that something on your order has been changed. It does not mean your order has been accepted to production and really does not mean anything beyond your previous status other than a change has been made.)

· 2051, Order changed thru Web (same as above)

· 2500, Order preferenced (This means that the Order has been moved to the stage that parts department is now ready to place the orders for the components that will become your car)

· 3000, Order accepted by production control (This is the response from production to your 2500 status and is when Parts are actually ordered. No further changes can be made to your order once you reach this point.)

· 3100, Order available to sequence (This is more or less an inter-office memo from Parts to Production saying all parts are committed to this build, they are clear to sequence them for the build.)

· 3300, Order scheduled for production (This is the response to the 3100 status where Production is cleared to sequence and schedule the build)

· 3400, Order broadcast (This is when the order is actually loaded onto the production line computers and parts are being staged for the build)

· 3450 Import vehicle produced
· 3550 Import vehicle shipped from Port of Origin via boat
· 3750 Import vehicle received at Port of Entry

· 3800, Order produced (The vehicle is completed and has rolled off the line. A Vin is now available.)

· 4000, Available to ship (Vehicle is off the line and available to ship)

· 4104, Bailment Invoice (Shipping documents generated)

· 4200, Shipped (Vehicle has been moved by a carrier to another location or destination. If in combination with a 4300 status code then this is transfer to either a vendor for upfitting or to a distribution yard for final transportation.)

· 4300, Intermediate Delivery (In combination with a 4200 this is saying that the vehicle has been transported to a vendor)

· 4B00, Bayed (listed anytime a vehicle is sitting parked waiting for next mode of transportation)

· 4D00, Bayed for Quality Control Inspection (Unknown Time frame)

· 4800, Rail Ramp Unload, end of the line by (if) rail. To be delivered by truck to dealer

· 5000, Delivered to the dealer

· 6000, Delivered to the customer

· 9000, Order Cancelled

#10 ·
Dealer needs an invoice, not just a VIN. Without an invoice he does not know the actual cost of the vehicle he is selling and its not legally his to sell.

Big risk paying for vehicle before it arrives. If its damaged in transit you cannot back out on the sale. Also your warranty begins at date of sale.

#13 · (Edited)
I found out my truck was built on 2-10 (ordered 1-13) and immediately was listed as 4B00. Now the agony of when it will be shipped and arrive in Spokane Wa. At least it is now more than an impulse in a computer.
2-28-15 still waiting for delivery, excited that I should have truck this coming week and no snow or cruddy roads right now to impair test drives. On a normal winter we would have a couple of feet of snow, icy roads and the lake still frozen, but only rain this year.

#16 ·
I suspect that stage 3 means anywhere from 3000-3800. Best to go to GM.com and go to site map to chat with gm rep. I followed them through my whole process. My truck should be at the RR tormorrow, 3/6/15. Not sure how long it will take to get to the dealer. I am glad the wait for the most part is over.

#25 ·
Here's the email I received from my dealer when asking about the status.

"The order is in and in processing. It has been accepted by production control. 3000 statues (3800-4800-5000 has arrived) shouldn't be to much longer "

Looks like he's giving me the sequence of events and telling me that the order status is 3000 which means that it has been accepted. Am I reading that right?

#26 ·
If you read the first post you will see the answer... but here is a more detailed post... · 3000, Order accepted by production control (This is the response from production to your 2500 status and is when Parts are actually ordered. No further changes can be made to your order once you reach this point.)

Here is a more detailed version:

· 500, this is a dealer stock order code used to order common vehicles. Please contact your dealer to receive an actual active order number.

· 1100, Preliminary order accepted (This means your dealer has entered your order into their system but does not mean they have the allocation to submit the order to GM yet. Speak with your dealer to verify when they expect to be able to submit your order for production)

· 2000, Order accepted by GM (This means the order has been submitted and accepted by production. You are now on your way.)

· 2030, Order re-edited (if necessary) (This is simply an edit code showing that something on your order has been changed. It does not mean your order has been accepted to production and really does not mean anything beyond your previous status other than a change has been made.)

· 2051, Order changed thru Web (same as above)

· 2500, Order preferenced (This means that the Order has been moved to the stage that parts department is now ready to place the orders for the components that will become your car)

· 3000, Order accepted by production control (This is the response from production to your 2500 status and is when Parts are actually ordered. No further changes can be made to your order once you reach this point.)

· 3100, Order available to sequence (This is more or less an inter-office memo from Parts to Production saying all parts are committed to this build, they are clear to sequence them for the build.)

· 3300, Order scheduled for production (This is the response to the 3100 status where Production is cleared to sequence and schedule the build)

· 3400, Order broadcast (This is when the order is actually loaded onto the production line computers and parts are being staged for the build)

#27 ·
question to you guys, so once a build reaches 3300, when does it switch to 3400, is that like weeks days in advance or the actual day of the build. Just curious.

#28 ·
These codes are cool, but I'd really like to see a value stream map and where the tombstones are :)

#35 ·
Just get your 6-diget alphanumeric order # from your dealer and go to GM's live chat and get your updates from there. Also, you can request to have weekly email updates from live chat
There are two live chats. One for US and one for Canada. The US live chat does not recognize Canadian order #s. The Canadian live chat does, but does not give out Production Code status updates. See my message one back.

#36 ·
There are two live chats. One for US and one for Canada. The US live chat does not recognize Canadian order #s. The Canadian live chat does, but does not give out Production Code status updates. See my message one back.
When I got updates from live chat, I had to ask them each time what production code it was at. If I didnt ask, they didnt tell me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.