Colorado Purchase Price - Page 7 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 45Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 138 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 09:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: S.W. Florida
Posts: 2,828
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTrucker2 View Post
Ah, that makes sense. So the Canyon has the "full" leather and the Colorado has the combination. At least as far as looks....no idea is the Canyon's (seating surfaces) are actually leather or some other leather-looking fabric plus leather.

That being said, today's "fabric" seats sure beat the heck out of the old vinyl seats of the 70s! (For those of you who can remember them......)
The Canyon All Terrain has the same combo as the Z71. The SLT & Colorado LT with Luxury packages have full leather.

Yeah, materials technologies have improved greatly since even the 80's.
GraniteBlue05 likes this.
RatRacer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 138 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 09:23 AM
Junior Member
 
LMT2424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 17
When I was looking for F150's. One dealership in GA charged a mandatory $700 doc fee. I was like your kidding me right! Its illegal here in PA. However, were I live I have to pay 7% tax on vehicles. Which sucks.

Also, I dont know if GM gets volume/quantity kick backs. When I looked at Ram the dealership was willing to lose 2-4k per truck on the lot because they get like 60k per month if they meet volume goals. Ford does not and thats why they hate eating into their Holdback. So, I dont know if GM does or not. If they do not and are like Ford, then there is no reason other dealerships shouldnt be able to match Lauras pricing. If Chevy is like Ford and only operates on what they actually make on a vehicle, rather than Chrysler that gives quantity discounts, then all dealerships are working with the same margins and should be able to price match each other for business. The only variation should be the Bonus tag GM gives.

When I bought my Colorado I had to go out of state because the truck I wanted was bonus tagged. So local dealerships couldnt match it unless they had an extra tag. They did say they would max or beet anyone's price on non bonus tagged vehicles. I would just have to get the final pricing in an email and prove it to them that that was the price.

So if you want a Canyon, I dont see why a local dealership wouldnt match Laura's pricing, because they are not all bonus tagged.
LMT2424 is offline  
post #123 of 138 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 07:52 AM
Senior Member
 
ChevyTrucker2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: W TN
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatRacer View Post
The Canyon All Terrain has the same combo as the Z71. The SLT & Colorado LT with Luxury packages have full leather.

Yeah, materials technologies have improved greatly since even the 80's.
When I am ready to purchase, I would like to find an LT with the Luxury package, assuming it has most of the other goodies on the SLT. I do not think I have ever come across an LT with the Luxury package around here (Memphis, TN).

I slightly prefer the looks of the Colorado over the Canyon, although I understand folks here are probably nearly equally divided on which looks better. Part of my preference is probably influenced by the fact I've owned 4 or 5 Chevy pickups in the last 30 years.
RatRacer likes this.
ChevyTrucker2 is online now  
 
post #124 of 138 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 08:04 AM
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTrucker2 View Post
When I am ready to purchase, I would like to find an LT with the Luxury package, assuming it has most of the other goodies on the SLT. I do not think I have ever come across an LT with the Luxury package around here (Memphis, TN).

I slightly prefer the looks of the Colorado over the Canyon, although I understand folks here are probably nearly equally divided on which looks better. Part of my preference is probably influenced by the fact I've owned 4 or 5 Chevy pickups in the last 30 years.

Yes, I do not get why more dealers don't order Colorado LT with the Luxury Pkg and Convenience Pkg. And, yes, it is very close to what you get in an SLT. Do a build on the Chevy.com site and look at these packages.

I just had my order out Colorado LT delivered to me on Tuesday and am well pleased.
Here is my order and a Link to a C&D Colorado LT review with the Luxury Pkg, which has the soft touch center and door arm rests and more. Check on the pictures for interior view.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ab-test-review

MSRP $34,965 ($31,027 paid with rebates)
Vehicle Build:
Model: 12N43-2017 COLORADO
VIN: 1GCGSCEN- - - - - - -

2017 2WD Colorado LT Crew Cab 3.6L V6
GBV Cyber Gray Metalic
H2V Jet Black/Ashen Gray Leather Seats
PCM Convenience Package
PCK Luxury Package
Z82 Towing Package.
G80 Locking Differential
E25 Assist Steps,Chrome 5" Rectangular
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017 Colorado LT Cyber Gray Met..jpg (439.9 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by GraniteBlue05; 04-05-2017 at 11:37 AM.
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
post #125 of 138 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 08:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: S.W. Florida
Posts: 2,828
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTrucker2 View Post
When I am ready to purchase, I would like to find an LT with the Luxury package, assuming it has most of the other goodies on the SLT. I do not think I have ever come across an LT with the Luxury package around here (Memphis, TN).

I slightly prefer the looks of the Colorado over the Canyon, although I understand folks here are probably nearly equally divided on which looks better. Part of my preference is probably influenced by the fact I've owned 4 or 5 Chevy pickups in the last 30 years.
My wife has the LT with luxury pkg, and that gets you the projector lights, heated side mirrors and the leather, besides all the chrome. I wish they offered it with body colored parts options. I'm trading my extended cab Z71 this morning for a crew cab Z71, but I will be checking out a LT with the lux. pkg that came in with mine last night with same desired options.
Two Door likes this.
RatRacer is offline  
post #126 of 138 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 07:07 AM
Senior Member
 
ChevyTrucker2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: W TN
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteBlue05 View Post
Yes, I do not get why more dealers don't order Colorado LT with the Luxury Pkg and Convenience Pkg. And, yes, it is very close to what you get in an SLT. Do a build on the Chevy.com site and look at these packages.

I just had my order out Colorado LT delivered to me on Tuesday and am well pleased.
Here is my order and a Link to a C&D Colorado LT review with the Luxury Pkg, which has the soft touch center and door arm rests and more. Check on the pictures for interior view.

2017 Chevrolet Colorado V-6 8-Speed Automatic 4x4 Crew Cab Test ? Review ? Car and Driver

MSRP $34,965 ($31,027 paid with rebates)
Vehicle Build:
Model: 12N43-2017 COLORADO
VIN: 1GCGSCEN- - - - - - -

2017 2WD Colorado LT Crew Cab 3.6L V6
GBV Cyber Gray Metalic
H2V Jet Black/Ashen Gray Leather Seats
PCM Convenience Package
PCK Luxury Package
Z82 Towing Package.
G80 Locking Differential
E25 Assist Steps,Chrome 5" Rectangular
Thanks for the links and the quote. Appreciate that.

My, that truck is gorgeous! I'd not change a thing I'd want except I'd prefer a long bed.
ChevyTrucker2 is online now  
post #127 of 138 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 07:24 AM
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTrucker2 View Post
Thanks for the links and the quote. Appreciate that.

My, that truck is gorgeous! I'd not change a thing I'd want except I'd prefer a long bed.
Yes, I was glad to come across that C&D article. I wanted the Cyber Gray and that article had one even with the Luxury Pkg.

I thought about the long bed as well. . . . it does have a sleeker look to it and the obvious extra space. But for us, the SB works well for us.
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
post #128 of 138 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 07:54 AM
Senior Member
 
DetroitMuscle!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Frozen Tundra
Posts: 204
40 grand? I like my Colorado but these trucks are worth nowhere near that price considering all the basic feature they lack.
doug5336 likes this.
DetroitMuscle! is offline  
post #129 of 138 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 09:27 AM
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitMuscle! View Post
40 grand? I like my Colorado but these trucks are worth nowhere near that price considering all the basic feature they lack.
Mine was just over $31K with a modest discount easily obtained if you shop right. Yup, mine is only 2WD, but would be about $34K with 4WD.

They do not need to cost $40K.

Plus, base price on a Colorado is less than the base models for Nissan and Toyota mid sized trucks.

Not sure why certain folks will take a maxed out trim level and make a general statement about *Cost $40 Grand*.
doug5336 likes this.

Last edited by GraniteBlue05; 02-26-2017 at 07:02 PM.
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
post #130 of 138 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 09:40 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: florida
Posts: 17
2WD extended cab WT with convenience package and towing package, V-6, upgraded radio IO4 with onstar, internet, ect

around 22000 before taxes, dealer fees, ect.

had a hang tag and a dealer discount

this was in late december 2016 dealer swap they did for me, great dealer to work with, they worked hard to find the exact truck and color i wanted
bayside is offline  
post #131 of 138 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 01:30 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 32
Garage
I just finished the financial paperwork for mine yesterday. I purposely went through my own credit union for financing and got preapproved. Dealership still pulled their own credit info. Said they could just work off the loan that the credit union had started, but it is just standard for them to pull all the credit info as well. Then they tried to slip in a slightly higher interest rate than I was approved for. Corrected them pretty quickly on that one. When they were going over the payment info, they had it almost $100 dollars a month more than it should have been. When I asked about it they said that it was because of the added GAP insurance and extended warranty. I told them I didn't want either and they wanted to know why I would decline such a thing. They also asked what I was trying to get my payments down to. I told them that I wanted it right where the credit union told me it was going to be and that I was financing based on a total amount and not a monthly payment. When all was said and done, they had it corrected....it just amazes me how sly they are about it.
RatRacer and doug5336 like this.

Last edited by Hazelmullins; 02-26-2017 at 01:32 PM. Reason: additional info
Hazelmullins is offline  
post #132 of 138 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 02:27 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Savannah TN
Posts: 1
Red face Cashbattles66

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestmistak33 View Post
All,

In the next 3 weeks, I'm planning on buying a 2016 CC Z71 4X4. Today at lunch I ventured out to my Chevy dealership to reaffirm my decision. I made a checklist of stuff I wanted to check while there and took one out for a spin. Absolutely love it and know now more than ever that it's the truck I want.

That brings me to the topic of pricing. In my planning and figuring (and after reading on these forums), asking for close to 10% off of MSRP wasn't outrageous or unheard of. That is what I based my plan off of.

After my test drive today, I talked to the sales consultant and mentioned that I was happy to see the resell value of these be high and he responded with "that's why we don't discount colorados at all, they resale high", followed by "just like with Tacos, you don't see us taking 4-5K off of these things.

Can you tell me an average % of MSRP that you all ended up paying?
I just purchased mine yesterday from Jones Chevrolet got a tag unit that had 5000.00 rebate that expires February 28th and 0% financing for 60 months . Z71 short box crew cab 4x4 summit white and that 5000.00 came off invoice price .
Cashbattles66 is offline  
post #133 of 138 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 02:35 PM
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashbattles66 View Post
I just purchased mine yesterday from Jones Chevrolet got a tag unit that had 5000.00 rebate that expires February 28th and 0% financing for 60 months . Z71 short box crew cab 4x4 summit white and that 5000.00 came off invoice price .
Hi. . that sounds like a great deal.

Can you post:


MSRP
Invoice
Tag Discount
Any other rebate
Dealer fees
Bottom line not including tax, license.
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
post #134 of 138 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 03:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: S.W. Florida
Posts: 2,828
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelmullins View Post
I just finished the financial paperwork for mine yesterday. I purposely went through my own credit union for financing and got preapproved. Dealership still pulled their own credit info. Said they could just work off the loan that the credit union had started, but it is just standard for them to pull all the credit info as well. Then they tried to slip in a slightly higher interest rate than I was approved for. Corrected them pretty quickly on that one. When they were going over the payment info, they had it almost $100 dollars a month more than it should have been. When I asked about it they said that it was because of the added GAP insurance and extended warranty. I told them I didn't want either and they wanted to know why I would decline such a thing. They also asked what I was trying to get my payments down to. I told them that I wanted it right where the credit union told me it was going to be and that I was financing based on a total amount and not a monthly payment. When all was said and done, they had it corrected....it just amazes me how sly they are about it.
I went thru the same thing yesterday. Once the final sales figure was reached, the finance guy started trying to add stuff via monthly payment increments. I asked him what the total was I agreed to with sales, which he wrote down, and I said that's the amount I'm financing. Shut him down on all of it.
DrGonzo01 likes this.
RatRacer is offline  
post #135 of 138 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 03:52 PM
Member
 
overl4and's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 37
Reading this thread gives me confidence that a Z71 (List MSRP 36000) can be had for about 32000$ if you bargain. I had a hard budget to 36000$ including taxes in california (3200 or so). With a dealer price of less than 33K, I should be able to make it.

That said, I wanted black wheels, but somehow that costs too much. Will go for plastidip kind of solution
overl4and is offline  
post #136 of 138 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 12:16 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: RI
Posts: 1
My first post on the forums! I purchased a 2017 z71 crew cab short bed with Bose, nav, spray in bed liner, tow package, and a few odds and ends (msrp $38,290) for $34,000 before tax, title and docs. It's so much better than my 2016 Tacoma that I traded in.
eastcoastpost is offline  
post #137 of 138 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 12:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: S.W. Florida
Posts: 2,828
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastpost View Post
My first post on the forums! I purchased a 2017 z71 crew cab short bed with Bose, nav, spray in bed liner, tow package, and a few odds and ends (msrp $38,290) for $34,000 before tax, title and docs. It's so much better than my 2016 Tacoma that I traded in.
Good deal!
Welcome to C'Fans
eastcoastpost likes this.
RatRacer is offline  
post #138 of 138 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM
Junior Member
 
Jaybradshaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: St Louis
Posts: 1
Garage
New guy here. Got a great deal on a special tagged Canyon CC SB SLT Diesel. Truck listed for >$44,000. Rebates, discounts and the special "stand alone" tag got the price down to $36,172. Couldn't say no, so i brought this home last week.


Living the dream in America's Heartland!
  • 2017 GMC Canyon CC SB SLT
    2.8L Duramax Diesel
    Purchased 4/2017
Jaybradshaw is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome