2016 vs. 2017 - Page 5 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 05:06 PM

I am not sure this will work, but this link should be to a window label for a diesel truck at Jerry's over in Weatherford. He has several diesels according to his website.

Jerry's Buick GMC is a Weatherford Buick, GMC dealer and a new car and used car Weatherford TX Buick, GMC dealership.

If you look closely, the window sticker shows standard items, V6 and 8 speed, down in the body. However, in the options, it shows the diesel, and actually states the 6 speed.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 08:40 PM

Some 2017 Info

I just took delivery of a 2017 Colorado cyber grey metallic V-6 2WD LT 8peed crew cab short bed last week. First off, I can say with some authority that my truck does NOT have AFM fuel management. Numerous times I have scrolled down to the screen that says V-6 and it has never switched indicating a 4 cylinder application. Also don't judge the 8 speed shifts early on as being a little harsh. I mentioned it to the dealer on the test drive and he indicated that it would smooth out as the transmission "learned" my driving style. It didn't take but a couple hundred miles before it was as smooth as can be. In my neck of the woods (NE Florida) prices are not very negotiable off MSRP. There are however some GM rebates on SPECIFIC models and colors. A model identical to mine had a $3000 rebate because it was black. Mine is pretty well loaded with leather, heated seats, locking rear, trailer package, wheels, etc. and an MSRP including delivery of $35,185. Also to be noted, on my window sticker that the 6 speed is standard and the 8 speed is a $150 option.
post #83 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy W. View Post
I just took delivery of a 2017 Colorado cyber grey metallic V-6 2WD LT 8peed crew cab short bed last week. First off, I can say with some authority that my truck does NOT have AFM fuel management. Numerous times I have scrolled down to the screen that says V-6 and it has never switched indicating a 4 cylinder application. Also don't judge the 8 speed shifts early on as being a little harsh. I mentioned it to the dealer on the test drive and he indicated that it would smooth out as the transmission "learned" my driving style. It didn't take but a couple hundred miles before it was as smooth as can be. In my neck of the woods (NE Florida) prices are not very negotiable off MSRP. There are however some GM rebates on SPECIFIC models and colors. A model identical to mine had a $3000 rebate because it was black. Mine is pretty well loaded with leather, heated seats, locking rear, trailer package, wheels, etc. and an MSRP including delivery of $35,185. Also to be noted, on my window sticker that the 6 speed is standard and the 8 speed is a $150 option.

I have the same equipment I believe. Nice ride.

MSRP $34,965 ($31,027 paid with rebates)
Vehicle Build:
Model: 12N43-2017 COLORADO

2017 2WD Colorado LT Crew Cab 3.6L V6
GBV Cyber Gray Metalic
H2V Jet Black/Ashen Gray Leather Seats
PCM Convenience Package
PCK Luxury Package
Z82 Towing Package.
G80 Locking Differential
E25 Assist Steps,Chrome 5" Rectangular

The sticker price always shows what is "Standard" for the drive train first, which is the 2.5L 4 cylinder and 6-speed transmission. So, when you opt for the V6 ($1,235) you must get the 8-speed transmission ($150), when you order out a Colorado, the 8-speed is a mandatory option. In other words, the 8-speed is "Standard" then with the V6 engine. These prices should be off to the right in the included options list. The dealer should have given you the sticker or left it in the glove box.

The 3.6L engine DOES have AFM. . . all do and mine switches to the "V4" indication when I let off the gas like approaching stop lights or even coasting down a slight grade with foot off the gas pedal.
If you have more than slight pressure on the gas pedal at all, it will not go into V4 mode. The 3.6L V6 does have AFM. If yours does not go into V4 mode either your driving style isn't allowing it, the driving conditions do not allow it, or something is not working correctly.

JBT likes this.

2017 2WD Colorado LT V6 Luxury & Convenience Pkgs, Black/Ashen Gray Leather, Bullet Bedliner, ARE cap.

Last edited by GraniteBlue05; 03-01-2017 at 07:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode