Anyone Ordered A 2017? - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 476 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 04:55 PM

Garage
Same boat, 10/31. Ordered the first week of September. A friend of a friend works at Wentzville, I was joking that they needed to build it on 11/2 since that's my bday and he replied 'I have a friend that works there, I'll put in a good word'. Clearly isn't going to happen based on that, but hey! GM Chat is probably going to HATE me next week...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 476 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 07:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiigara View Post
Same boat, 10/31. Ordered the first week of September. A friend of a friend works at Wentzville, I was joking that they needed to build it on 11/2 since that's my bday and he replied 'I have a friend that works there, I'll put in a good word'. Clearly isn't going to happen based on that, but hey! GM Chat is probably going to HATE me next week...
When you chat with them, ask for a weekly email update. They will probably offer it if you don't ask, but you can be proactive.

2017 GMC Canyon SLT V6 2WD Crew Cab Short Box
post #23 of 476 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 02:27 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivartk View Post
When you chat with them, ask for a weekly email update. They will probably offer it if you don't ask, but you can be proactive.
Well that's sad...I've checked twice now and nobody has offered. I'm going to do that Monday now for sure. Thanks!

post #24 of 476 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 11:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiigara View Post
Well that's sad...I've checked twice now and nobody has offered. I'm going to do that Monday now for sure. Thanks!
The status updates will come until your truck is shipped and then you'll have to contact the dealer for further updates.

post #25 of 476 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 12:00 PM

Checked with GM Chat this morning. My order has been accepted and is in the system, but hasn't been scheduled for production yet. I asked for an email update, she said they would email me weekly updates starting next week. In the meantime, I keep filling up carts for all the goodies I want to order for it lol........
Johng724, Vinolush and sivartk like this.

2017 GMC Canyon Denali Minimax
-Ordered 10/25/16
-TPW 01/02/17 (received 12/13/16)
-Built 01/09/17
-Delivered to Dealer 01/18/17
-Picked Up 01/20/17
2015 GMC Denali HD Duramax
post #26 of 476 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 12:30 PM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to sabbotage Send a message via MSN to sabbotage
So anyone know when you'll be able to configure a 2017 model on the Chevrolet/GMC websites? I figured that would have gone live today with production starting, but I guess not.
post #27 of 476 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbotage View Post
So anyone know when you'll be able to configure a 2017 model on the Chevrolet/GMC websites? I figured that would have gone live today with production starting, but I guess not.
My guess is that they were waiting to get quality photos a production made unit rather than the prototypes that were out over a year ago. Also, I don't think that have decided on pricing yet either. Dealerships still don't have them...

-Ordered 10/25/16
-Built 01/09/17
-Picked Up 01/20/17
post #28 of 476 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 01:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by durtymax denali View Post
My guess is that they were waiting to get quality photos a production made unit rather than the prototypes that were out over a year ago. Also, I don't think that have decided on pricing yet either. Dealerships still don't have them...
Yeah, but it doesn't make sense. You cant order a 2016 anymore since the 2017s have started production so having the configuration pages up for the 2016s makes no sense. I'm really wondering if I should try and jump on a few of the 2016s that I found on lots near me or if I should just hold out for a 2017 model. If the pricing won't be all that different I'll just wait and order one.
post #29 of 476 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 02:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Yeah, but it doesn't make sense. You cant order a 2016 anymore since the 2017s have started production so having the configuration pages up for the 2016s makes no sense. I'm really wondering if I should try and jump on a few of the 2016s that I found on lots near me or if I should just hold out for a 2017 model. If the pricing won't be all that different I'll just wait and order one.
It does make sense to me, since you can configure a 2016 and then search current inventory on dealers lots for that configuration. I wouldn't think you'd want the 2017 configuration up until you can find them on dealers lots and drive the customer that direction. I would hazard to guess that only a low percentage of customers order from the factory versus buying from dealer stock.

post #30 of 476 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 03:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivartk View Post
It does make sense to me, since you can configure a 2016 and then search current inventory on dealers lots for that configuration. I wouldn't think you'd want the 2017 configuration up until you can find them on dealers lots and drive the customer that direction. I would hazard to guess that only a low percentage of customers order from the factory versus buying from dealer stock.
Yeah I guess you have a point there. I didn't think of it that way. Usually they let you select 2016 or 17 with other vehicles so I'm betting we will be able to configure either year in a few days.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2016 GMC Canyon All-Terrain Duramax
post #31 of 476 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 04:22 PM

Waiting

Quote:
I'm in the same boat. You can configure every other model except the Colorado...If pricing is close, I'll wait as well....
post #32 of 476 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 04:34 PM

If you aren't going for the Denali package, I would try to scoop a deal on a 16 if you can find what you want. As for ordering vs dealer inventory, you would be surprised at the amount of people that have no idea you can even order a vehicle. It is more than half. I understand a salesperson's motivation for the sale today, but if you get one that actually cares, they are willing to take the sale in the future to ensure that you get what you really want. That doesn't mean, however, they are super willing to educate people that don't know. And, to many, a vehicle is just a vehicle, and any time spent on it is an inconvenience.
Hiigara likes this.

-Ordered 10/25/16
-Built 01/09/17
-Picked Up 01/20/17
post #33 of 476 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 04:44 PM

I might be in the minority, but I'm disappointed with the Denali - mostly a cosmetic trim package. The only thing that I would want in the package is the ventilated seats. Not worth the cost of the package to me.
jmills002 likes this.
post #34 of 476 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstockz View Post
I might be in the minority, but I'm disappointed with the Denali - mostly a cosmetic trim package. The only thing that I would want in the package is the ventilated seats. Not worth the cost of the package to me.
I think that is the main option on a Denali I would want, and many of the "extras" like 20" wheels I would not want.

I just noticed something for first time, maybe someone else has mentioned it already and I missed it: The All Terrain package for the SLE is no longer available on the 2WD, only available on 4WD. If you want 2WD, this may push you into the SLT for certain upgrades. Between charging for most paint colors and now this, there seems to be an effort to only sell SLT models or Denalis, high end trucks.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover, Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller.
post #35 of 476 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by durtymax denali View Post
I don't think that have decided on pricing yet either. Dealerships still don't have them...
I spoke with someone at GMC Marketing this afternoon about pricing on 2017 Canyon CrewCab SLE and was told MSRP minus freight was now $29890,

up from $29735 for the 2016's. Price for premium paint stayed the same. . .

My dealer didn't have any prices this morning, and seemed disinclined to order a 2017 Canyon until they saw some prices . . .
post #36 of 476 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 10:13 PM

I ordered my 2016 Canyon All Terrain with the Duramax on 9/2 and I was initially given a TPW of mid October. My Uncle that works for GM in Detroit knows the plant planner in Wentzville and got production of my truck pushed up to the last week of September. He also asked for an audit to be done on my truck so I didn't take delivery until 10/21 but I was told that my 2016 was one of the last ones off the line for the model year. I heard that production was pushed back for 2017 year due to retooling in the Wentzville plant for the new line that was added for the Express Van. Bottom line: even with my uncle pulling some strings, I waited about 7 weeks from order to delivery (including the audit). I hope that your 2017 Denali orders roll off the line soon! Waiting is the hardest part!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #37 of 476 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 11:59 PM

Garage
It's interesting to hear that, although I heard there was a production shutdown as well from Donlen's page, I'm still seeing at least 3-4 trucks a day full of Colorado's and vans (although less and less vans every day) in my 2 hours on I-44 daily. I know the storage lot is huge at Wentzville, but I didn't think it was *that* huge.

Checked today, Status 3400.
post #38 of 476 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstockz View Post
The seats and the heated steering wheel are what push me over the edge. There is however, imo, a lot of room for improvements in the package, and I wish they offered a midnight edition of the Denali. I am one of the few that want the package without the chrome lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpfilter View Post
Bottom line: even with my uncle pulling some strings, I waited about 7 weeks from order to delivery (including the audit). I hope that your 2017 Denali orders roll off the line soon! Waiting is the hardest part!
When I ordered my '15 HD, it took three months from order to pickup, so anything less than that is a win for me lol. That having been said, the wait is consuming me.....

-Ordered 10/25/16
-Built 01/09/17
-Picked Up 01/20/17

Last edited by durtymax denali; 11-01-2016 at 01:13 PM.
post #39 of 476 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 01:15 PM

The midsize Denali was obviously a cost saving play. I imagine the option itself won't cost much over a loaded SLT.

The greatly improved quality of the leather seats in the Denali is a factor for me. The SLT seats appear to be cheap vinyl to my hands and eyes.

But no sunroof, no push button start, no built in buttons for the garage opener, no 8 speed behind the diesel... all major, major shortcomings.
sagbay likes this.

Current: 2009 Canyon CC I5. 180K miles. Best vehicle I've ever owned.
ORDERED: 2018 Canyon Denali Diesel 4x4 CCLB
post #40 of 476 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post
The midsize Denali was obviously a cost saving play. I imagine the option itself won't cost much over a loaded SLT.

But no sunroof, no push button start, no built in buttons for the garage opener, no 8 speed behind the diesel... all major, major shortcomings.
I told a coworker last week that I swear they sat around a table and someone said, "ok, what can we get away with not putting in this vehicle and still sell at XX,XXX price point." I think they would have to completely redesign the cab to accommodate a sun roof, but if they want to continue to compete in this segment, they have to add it in the future. I am not sure whether the 8 speed will make it to the minimax, only time will tell. The push button start raises and interesting question, are there any diesel trucks on the market that have push button start? If not, WHY??? I was also annoyed with the lack of the garage door opener. May seem trivial, but it keeps things trimmed out clean rather than having an ugly old garage door opener clipped to a visor. The lack of seat memory and dual climate controls are on my list also...
Vinolush likes this.

-Ordered 10/25/16
-Built 01/09/17
-Picked Up 01/20/17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode