Anyone Ordered A 2017? - Page 20 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 154Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #381 of 436 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 11:58 PM

Rich, Apparently my original order had a boo boo and the computer just ignored it, the reorder is proceeding smoothly as my TPW is next week. I now have a fellow on GM talk sending an email each week with current progress until the vehicle is shipped. Although the delay was three weeks I am still driving my 15 Canyon with the guarantee that my trade in would not be devalued because the dealer caused the delay, in fact they were quite positive about my not worring about the miles added. The truck has only 21,000 at this time, I am ordering the Denali so I can keep my fingers warm with the heated steering wheel in the Winter ---- well a lousy excuse is better than none at all :)

2017 Canyon Denali, crew, short bed, V6, 8spd, hard fold tonneau by Extang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #382 of 436 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 08:18 AM

Garage
Hi everybody... Mine is suppose to be built this week. I watched a video that said it takes three days to put one together. Hopefully not on a Monday or Friday. Naw, I don't think that old adage holds h2o anymore. Hopefully by the 2nd week in April I'll have it and post a photo.

Have a nice deep Weatherguard tool box, step bars and new rubber queued up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0968.jpg (262.7 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0972.jpg (213.1 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0976.jpg (236.9 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0975.jpg (233.5 KB, 68 views)
Johng724 likes this.
post #383 of 436 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 11:17 AM

2/17/17 ordered at dealer
3/22/17 code 4200 vehicle shipped
Johng724 likes this.

2017 Canyon Denali 3.6L 4x4 Long Bed Dark Slate Metallic.
Ordered 2/17/2017
In my driveway 4/5/17.

post #384 of 436 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 02:08 PM

Ordered 2017 CCLB Denali V6 4x4 on 2/17/17. Dealer just called and the truck has arrived there today. 46 days from ordering to delivery to dealer. Will be picking it up tomorrow or Thursday.

2017 Canyon Denali 3.6L 4x4 Long Bed Dark Slate Metallic.
Ordered 2/17/2017
In my driveway 4/5/17.
post #385 of 436 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 08:16 PM

My TPW was 3-27, the truck was built Saturday 4-1 and after being advised it had been shipped and then not shipped by GM Chat my dealer informed me today that the truck was shipped 4-4 and not expected in our lonely corner of the world until 4-25. If it arrives on time total time expended from order date 2-14 (including two week order screwup and reorder by dealer) will be ten weeks. Original order Valentine's Day, build date April Fools Day, delivery...Well close to my buddy's 🎉 birthday.

2017 Canyon Denali, crew, short bed, V6, 8spd, hard fold tonneau by Extang
post #386 of 436 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 02:42 PM

Mine is scheduled to be built next week (4/10). I'm expecting it to arrive by the end of April. Or at least hoping it will! Pics a little later on.

Ordered: 3/17
TPW : 4/10

2017 COLORADO LT 4WD CREW CAB, SHORT BOX
Summit White
Jet Black, Leather-appointed seat trim
LT CONVENIENCE PACKAGE
LUXURY PACKAGE-CHROME
SAFETY PACKAGE
Chevrolet MyLink®1Radio with navigation and 8"
7-speaker Bose® audio system feature
Automatic locking rear differential
Underbody shield
18" 5-spoke polished aluminum wheels
Wheel flares
Chrome recovery hooks
Chrome tailgate handle
Trailering Equipment
Bedliner, spray-on, Black with Chevrolet®logo
GraniteBlue05 likes this.
post #387 of 436 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 05:02 PM

Sounds like a nice set of options on that LT !

I ordered mine back in January and it was built on Feb 14th. It arrived at my dealer on Feb 21st. . . picked it up the 22nd.

2017 2WD Colorado LT V6 CCSB Luxury & Convenience Pkgs, Black/Ashen Gray Leather, Bullet Bedliner, ARE cap.
post #388 of 436 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 01:40 PM

Garage
I picked this up yesterday. 45 days from initial order date to being picked up at the dealership!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0989.JPG (814.9 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0990.JPG (573.4 KB, 55 views)
Johng724 and dsw1519 like this.
post #389 of 436 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 01:58 PM

Greetings -

Has anyone else had issues with Warranty, Onstar and SiriusXM radio activation dates compared to when their truck was actually picked up?

I ordered my '17 Canyon CCLB Duramax SLT on November 5th (Saturday)
I received a call from Sirius in late January and I just figured it's them getting ahead of the game.
I picked up Feb. 28th (it arrived a few days earlier but I was out of town).

But in a phone call to activate OnStar they told me the truck was produced in December and delivered in January, same thing with GMC Customer service, and Sirius confirmed the January date but offered to extend by a month for free. Now this has me wondering... WTF, mate?

I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to see why GMC thinks my warranty/OnStar/Sirius started in January and not the day I picked it up and just want to see if someone else has already fought this battle?

Onstar said someone had to physically hit the OnStar button in the truck to activate it in January after completing the dealer web based info.

Thanks,
Sailor

2017 Canyon 4x4| CCLB | Duramax | Cyber Gray
post #390 of 436 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 03:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorWA View Post
Greetings -

Has anyone else had issues with Warranty, Onstar and SiriusXM radio activation dates compared to when their truck was actually picked up?

I ordered my '17 Canyon CCLB Duramax SLT on November 5th (Saturday)
I received a call from Sirius in late January and I just figured it's them getting ahead of the game.
I picked up Feb. 28th (it arrived a few days earlier but I was out of town).

But in a phone call to activate OnStar they told me the truck was produced in December and delivered in January, same thing with GMC Customer service, and Sirius confirmed the January date but offered to extend by a month for free. Now this has me wondering... WTF, mate?

I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to see why GMC thinks my warranty/OnStar/Sirius started in January and not the day I picked it up and just want to see if someone else has already fought this battle?

Onstar said someone had to physically hit the OnStar button in the truck to activate it in January after completing the dealer web based info.

Thanks,
Sailor
I picked mine up yesterday and hit the Onstar button today (told my sales rep I did not have time for him to go over anything. ) and the nice lady came right on and said... "Welcome to Onstar and proceeded to get my initial setup going".

But, I'm sure in the interest of good customer relations they will just extend your introductory time frame. They have your delivery date so it should not be an issue at all. Best.
post #391 of 436 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 03:46 PM

I'm really not so much concerned about my "90" days as the warranty starting two months early. Wondering if the dealer flubbed or for some reason this truck was parked somewhere without an explanation?

The OnStar and GMC rep both found it odd that their (GM's) showed delivery in middle of January and I wasn't alerted to it until the end of February so my point is -- is it typical on a custom order for the system to be confused or did it really sit around for a month and a half?

2017 Canyon 4x4| CCLB | Duramax | Cyber Gray
post #392 of 436 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 04:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorWA View Post
I'm really not so much concerned about my "90" days as the warranty starting two months early. Wondering if the dealer flubbed or for some reason this truck was parked somewhere without an explanation?

The OnStar and GMC rep both found it odd that their (GM's) showed delivery in middle of January and I wasn't alerted to it until the end of February so my point is -- is it typical on a custom order for the system to be confused or did it really sit around for a month and a half?
Warranty starts the day you sign the purchase and owner registration transfer at the dealership, the rest is perk stuff. See if you can find when your actual build date was. Early on, there were some that had their truck stuck in la-la land a month or 2, while GM got the delivery kinks worked out. Delivery has been 2-3 weeks after build from what I've seen, but order acceptance can be a month or more for some dealer allocations.
post #393 of 436 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 09:54 AM

Mine has arrived a dealer on Monday. I haven't taken delivery of it yet, because dealer has to install remaining options.

So , it took 45 days from order being place to the day it showed up at the dealer. Should be another day or two for me to have it.

Built : 4/12
Arrived: May 1

Summit White
LT CONVENIENCE PACKAGE
LUXURY PACKAGE-CHROME
SAFETY PACKAGE
Underbody shield (Dealer installed)
18" 5-spoke polished aluminum wheels (Dealer installed)
Wheel flares (Dealer installed)
Chrome recovery hooks (Dealer installed)
Chrome tailgate handle (Dealer installed)
Trailering Equipment
post #394 of 436 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-eyed jack View Post
Mine has arrived a dealer on Monday. I haven't taken delivery of it yet, because dealer has to install remaining options.

So , it took 45 days from order being place to the day it showed up at the dealer. Should be another day or two for me to have it.

Built : 4/12
Arrived: May 1

Summit White
LT CONVENIENCE PACKAGE
LUXURY PACKAGE-CHROME
SAFETY PACKAGE
Underbody shield (Dealer installed)
18" 5-spoke polished aluminum wheels (Dealer installed)
Wheel flares (Dealer installed)
Chrome recovery hooks (Dealer installed)
Chrome tailgate handle (Dealer installed)
Trailering Equipment
Congrats! Out of curiousity, why not just get the Z71? Also, my dealer told me the flares were a factory addition. That isn't the case? But the bedliner is?

2017 Duramax 4x4 Z71
-----------------------------------
04/20: Ordered at dealer
04/25: Accepted by GM (2000)
04/26: TPW 05/08 given (3000)
04/29: Vehicle ready to build (3300)
05/05: Order sent to production (3400)
05/13: 0946 AM, vehicle completed
05/17: Delivered to dealership (5000)
post #395 of 436 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Congrats! Out of curiousity, why not just get the Z71? Also, my dealer told me the flares were a factory addition. That isn't the case? But the bedliner is?
For me, it was a matter of choice when it came to wheel style availability. I really like the 18 inch polished aluminum rims, and paid a premium for those. I also need leather interior seats. I'm so used to having those with all my other vehicles. I don't like the cloth interior seats that come with the Z71 option.
I also like all the chrome touches. I like chrome! Nothing wrong with monochromatic, just not my style.

I had a previous order on a Canyon Denali placed in early January, but cancelled that because the order sat at (1100) for over 10 weeks. The GMC dealer admitted they dropped the ball on that. The day after I cancelled the Denali, I ordered the Colorado.
GraniteBlue05 and ChaosTheory like this.
post #396 of 436 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-eyed jack View Post
For me, it was a matter of choice when it came to wheel style availability. I really like the 18 inch polished aluminum rims, and paid a premium for those. I also need leather interior seats. I'm so used to having those with all my other vehicles. I don't like the cloth interior seats that come with the Z71 option.
I also like all the chrome touches. I like chrome! Nothing wrong with monochromatic, just not my style.

I had a previous order on a Canyon Denali placed in early January, but cancelled that because the order sat at (1100) for over 10 weeks. The GMC dealer admitted they dropped the ball on that. The day after I cancelled the Denali, I ordered the Colorado.

Sounds almost like mine . .. . except you added the wheels, Nav, Bose, and recovery hooks. Oh . . and 4WD. .. . and your is white. . . . lol

Enjoy the ride . .!

2017 2WD Colorado LT V6 CCSB Luxury & Convenience Pkgs, Black/Ashen Gray Leather, Bullet Bedliner, ARE cap.
post #397 of 436 (permalink) Old 05-06-2017, 06:36 PM

I picked mine up last night. I couldn't be any happier!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tn_colo_1.JPG (472.5 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg tn_colo_7.JPG (442.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg tn_colo_5.JPG (469.1 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg tn_colo_4.JPG (399.5 KB, 29 views)
Johng724 and ChaosTheory like this.
post #398 of 436 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 11:25 PM

Hey Guys,
Newbie question what is TPW ? Just ordered my Laser Blue colly on 4/19 and can't wait.
Thanks
post #399 of 436 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 06:44 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookster View Post
Hey Guys,
Newbie question what is TPW ? Just ordered my Laser Blue colly on 4/19 and can't wait.
Thanks
That means target production week

All 6th Gen Camaro Order Status Requests & List of Status Codes - Page 2957 - CAMARO6

this is a forum you can sign up to and on this link Becky from Rodgers chevrolet can give you an update on your order..you just need the GM order number

pictures on my profile of my truck during
assembly on 01-09-2017 Wentzville Mo.
post #400 of 436 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookster View Post
Hey Guys,
Thanks
TPW .. . means Target Production Week. That means the truck should be built sometime during that week. Check your vehicle production status by going online at Chevrolet.com or GMC.com . A small , gray (red for GMC), Chat Box tab will show up on the lower or center right of the screen and a menu will appear when you click on it. You can check at either one regardless if you ordered a Chevy or GMC.
Chevrolet Cars, Trucks, SUVs, Crossovers and Vans

http://www.gmc.com/

Once your truck gets to 3000 or 3300, things will move very fast. Then it is a matter of how long it sits on the staging lot at the plant or a rail yard for shipping.

Here is a list of production status codes:

1100 Order Placed at Dealership
1101 Order Entered into System
1102 Order Entered via Web
2000 Order Accepted by Chevrolet
2001 Order Generated to Dealer
2005 Order Replaced with GM Prospec Order
2030 Order Edited by Chevrolet
2050 Order Changed
2500 Order Preferenced (or “Picked Up” or “Imaged”), Sent to Production
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to Sequence (now becomes more stable)
3300 Order Selected and Scheduled for Production by Assembly Plant (Target Production Week usually available now)
3400 Order Broadcasted for Production (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 Vehicle Produced
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4B00 Bayed (“B”, not
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced (Dealer Billed)
4200 Vehicle Shipped
4300 Intermediate Delivery (moved to spray on bedliner, etc)
4V03 Estimated Delivery Date
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
5000 Vehicle Delivered to Dealer
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer

Last edited by GraniteBlue05; 05-10-2017 at 07:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode