Anyone Ordered A 2017? - Page 8 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 158Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 11:35 AM

One thing I found out is that Wentzville has eliminated some Saturday production for both 1st and 2nd shift because of the Mexican gasoline crisis. Apparently, this creates flow problems for any parts that come from Mexico.
The info I got was that last Saturday, 1-7-2017, 1st and 2nd shift production would be scheduled for Saturday, January 28th. Not sure what that means regarding any overtime or Saturday/Sunday production in between now and the 28th.

I just ordered my Colorado LT Crew Cab 3.6L last week so am waiting for a TPW. Hoping for at least that by next Tuesday or so. I am guessing it will arrive the soonest by the end of February and maybe not till March with this Mexican gas glitch.

Hope I am wrong and things move along in 6 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 11:41 AM

Garage
I am curious as to why folks special order their trucks? If you are getting the Metallic Red color I understand, as you will find very few dealers order those for their stock, but other than that there are not that many specific options on these trucks. I would think you would be able to find one somewhere in the US that is what you are looking for. The prices that Laura GMC sells their trucks for it would be well worth the one way ticket to St. Louis and have them pick you up at the airport and buy the truck and break it in driving home.

2017 GMC Canyon All Terrain X Quick Silver Metallic
post #143 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 12:14 PM

Status update:

2017 GMC Canyon Denali

Ordered: 11/08/16
TPW: 01/01/17 3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
01/02/17: 3400 Order Broadcasted for Production, loaded on assembly plant computers
01/06/17: 4300 Intermediate delivery
01/11/17: 4B00 Bayed, vehicle is waiting on transportation or pulled for quality control

zoz

2017 GMC Canyon Denali

post #144 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 12:36 PM

Ordering

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastStarr68 View Post
I am curious as to why folks special order their trucks? If you are getting the Metallic Red color I understand, as you will find very few dealers order those for their stock, but other than that there are not that many specific options on these trucks. I would think you would be able to find one somewhere in the US that is what you are looking for. The prices that Laura GMC sells their trucks for it would be well worth the one way ticket to St. Louis and have them pick you up at the airport and buy the truck and break it in driving home.
I special ordered because I do business with my local GMC dealer. Our family has dealt there for many years. I ordered what I wanted then wait for the call. I also am trading in my 2016 Canyon. I went through tire kickers, messages, telephone negotiations, guys coming to the house, sales/no sales, "I have to ask my wife", "would you take this less than that?"on three previous vehicle sales and it was horrible. Not doing that again.

Yes, its true Laura GMC has the best deals IF you are buying outright. Otherwise, on a trade, they're no different than any other dealer on the cost difference for the average buyer. Additionally, Laura GMC only has two black Denalis in stock and they're both diesels. I don't want a diesel nor another black vehicle. My local dealer has had only one gas 2017 GMC Denali to date and it was black and sold in 11 days. In regard to specific options, I wanted to be sure my Denali had the trailer brake controller and the mineral metallic color.

zoz
sagbay likes this.

2017 GMC Canyon Denali
post #145 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 01:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zozmanGMC View Post
I special ordered because I do business with my local GMC dealer. Our family has dealt there for many years. I ordered what I wanted then wait for the call. I also am trading in my 2016 Canyon. I went through tire kickers, messages, telephone negotiations, guys coming to the house, sales/no sales, "I have to ask my wife", "would you take this less than that?"on three previous vehicle sales and it was horrible. Not doing that again.

Yes, its true Laura GMC has the best deals IF you are buying outright. Otherwise, on a trade, they're no different than any other dealer on the cost difference for the average buyer. Additionally, Laura GMC only has two black Denalis in stock and they're both diesels. I don't want a diesel nor another black vehicle. My local dealer has had only one gas 2017 GMC Denali to date and it was black and sold in 11 days. In regard to specific options, I wanted to be sure my Denali had the trailer brake controller and the mineral metallic color.

zoz
Yep I get the trade in issue or I would have gone to Laura myself. I had to find a dealer that would give me a decent price for my car and buy whatever they had on the lot or be without a ride until they found or ordered me one. I thought all Denali's came with the trailer Brake controller, its a cheap option, figured that one was on all of them. The Denails are in short supply right now and most are Black, so I can see having to order one of them.

post #146 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
I am curious as to why folks special order their trucks?
Your are right. There are a number of dealers around the country and probably within 500 miles of me that offer a great price. Not sure how Laura does those prices.
But, in the end, looking there right now, they have 8 2WD, none with the options I would like and I only want a few. Also, the options packages are different for Colorado verses Canyon.
We want an LT with the Luxury and Convenience Packages, leather seating, Safety package, and trailer towing. In order to get the same equipment on a Canyon, I would have to move up to an SLT rather than SLE which would cost more.
At dealers in my area within 75 miles or so, the choices are even more limited with only a few 2WD trucks and those are usually WT.

I have purchased off the lot many times in the past except for the last 3 vehicles since 2010. Most times, I also ended up paying for sun or moon roofs, a radio or nav system I did not want, etc. I think there were two times in the 1990's when I bought new and found exactly what we wanted. One was a '95 Impala SS and on those there were only 3 or 4 options.

Last edited by GraniteBlue05; 01-11-2017 at 02:10 PM.
post #147 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 02:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteBlue05 View Post
Your are right. There are a number of dealers around the country and probably within 500 miles of me that offer a great price. Not sure how Laura does those prices.
But, in the end, looking there right now, they have 8 2WD, none with the options I would like and I only want a few. Also, the options packages are different for Colorado verses Canyon.
We want an LT with the Luxury and Convenience Packages, leather seating, Safety package, and trailer towing. In order to get the same equipment on a Canyon, I would have to move up to an SLT rather than SLE which would cost more.
At dealers in my area within 75 miles or so, the choices are even more limited with only a few 2WD trucks and those are usually WT.

I have purchased off the lot many times in the past except for the last 3 vehicles since 2010. Most times, I also ended up paying for sun or moon roofs, a radio or nav system I did not want, etc. I think there were two times in the 1990's when I bought new and found exactly what we wanted. One was a '95 Impala SS and on those there were only 3 or 4 options.
Yep...come down here...85% of the trucks on the lot are 2WD. Its harder to find 4x4 down here that you want. I got really lucky that they had exactly what I wanted. Other than this truck, I have always compromised on any car I have ever purchased. Never tried ordering a car though. The wait would kill me

post #148 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 02:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
I ordered mine because all the SLT's dealers have include the Nav, Bose and lane departure and I did not want any of that. I also got the same deal on a 2017 that folks were trying to sell me a 2016 for. This meant it was best for me to order a new truck with the newer V6, transmission and paint color.
BeastStarr68 likes this.

post #149 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:53 PM

2017 GMC Canyon Denali

01/02/17: 3400 Order Broadcasted for Production, loaded on assembly plant computers
01/11/17: 4B00 Bayed, vehicle is waiting on transportation or pulled for quality control
01/11/17: 5000 Vehicle delivered to dealer

zoz

2017 GMC Canyon Denali
post #150 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:58 PM

Quote:
2017 GMC Canyon Denali

01/11/17: 5000 Vehicle delivered to dealer

zoz

That was fast shipping. Mine was made at the same time yours was. Wonder how long it will take to get to Western Oklahoma ? When are you picking yours up ?

Last edited by gibbons025; 01-11-2017 at 09:17 PM.
post #151 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 11:43 PM

Delivery--What Took You So Long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbons025 View Post
That was fast shipping. Mine was made at the same time yours was. Wonder how long it will take to get to Western Oklahoma? When are you picking yours up ?
Those processing codes are wrong, obviously. My salesman called me today to give me the order processing update. Unknown to him, the truck was delivered and was being detailed in the wash bay. He found out my truck was there after he came back from lunch. He called me later tonight. He's off tomorrow. I take delivery on Friday the 13th. I'm not superstitious.

zoz

2017 GMC Canyon Denali
post #152 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 04:56 AM

Garage
Quote:
I am curious as to why folks special order their trucks?
Local dealer won't even order crew cab long boxes, so that's my reason right there, I suppose I could do the search on the Chevy site for one like I want and have it traded, I did that on my last 2 trucks. I don't mind the wait and want to get through winter with my 2005 and have the new one in the spring, NO big deal. Is that some sign of maturity (finally at age 55? LOL).

As far as dealing with my local dealer only, I think I sort of "owe" it to them in a way, not that I don't like saving money. As a former dealer tech, I also look at it this way. When the truck comes out of warranty, if something fails, the dealer can have options as far as doing a "good will" warranty, either by contacting the dealer rep or they have a certain amount of discretionary money they can use. If you as the dealer had an option on using this money to help a customer, who would you be more likely to use it for, someone who has bought multiple vehicles from you, or some guy you know bought the car in another state? (Not because you just moved to town, but because you saved money).
We had this happen a lot where I worked, people flocking to Chicago or Milwaukee to buy the car, then expect the royal treatment when there was an out of warranty problem. Hell! Take it back to Chicago, they'll help ya with that, sir!
NotCool88 and sagbay like this.

2017 Crew Cab Long Box Z71 V6 4WD Brownstone
post #153 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Those processing codes are wrong, obviously. I take delivery on Friday the 13th. I'm not superstitious.
zoz
Wow. . looking at your earlier posts you had a long wait for a TPW. A Denali issue no doubt. But once it was scheduled for broadcast, it was built and at your dealer in about 10 days.

I'm still waiting for a TPW, but I just ordered on 1-5-2017.
Colorado LT V6 2WD
Ordered 1-05-2017
First Update 1-11-2017 1100 (Ordered at dealer - -)

Last edited by GraniteBlue05; 01-12-2017 at 11:21 AM.
post #154 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 02:55 PM

There Is Hope

Quote:
Wow. . looking at your earlier posts you had a long wait for a TPW. A Denali issue no doubt. But once it was scheduled for broadcast, it was built and at your dealer in about 10 days. ...
The dealer was as surprised at the quick delivery as I. Understanding, there was a holiday three week shutdown included in the time and some Saturday overtime production was just recently added for two shifts. The dealer told me he had a truck in the 4B00 Bayed status that took another two months to arrive at his dealership.

zoz

2017 GMC Canyon Denali
post #155 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 03:49 PM

I didn't know the chevy Colorado had all leather seating!
post #156 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 04:31 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Likely View Post

I think you can get the Premium package on the LT to get leather seats...not sure if they also cover the hard plastic dash or not.

post #157 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:

I think you can get the Premium package on the LT to get leather seats...not sure if they also cover the hard plastic dash or not.
To get leather in the 2017 Colorado LT, you have to order the PCM Convenience Pkg, the PCK Luxury Pkg, and then H2V Jet Black/Dark Ash Leather Appointed Seat Trim (or the all Jet Black Leather).

I just ordered an LT with leather and this is what the computer order system currently mandates for leather seating. Sometimes during a production year they change or offer Special Option Package(s).
post #158 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 04:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
To get leather in the 2017 Colorado LT, you have to order the PCM Convenience Pkg, the PCK Luxury Pkg, and then H2V Jet Black/Dark Ash Leather Appointed Seat Trim (or the all Jet Black Leather).

I just ordered an LT with leather and this is what the computer order system currently mandates for leather seating. Sometimes during a production year they change or offer Special Option Package(s).
This is just the seats correct? They do not also cover the Hard Plastic dash do they??

post #159 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
This is just the seats correct? They do not also cover the Hard Plastic dash do they??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likely View Post
^ ^ ^ Not sure. He was asking about leather seats. There are two other packages that the Z71 has also not listed on the websites yet. In fact, when I went in to order, the packages changed since I looked everything up on the available internet Chevrolet web sites. They are updated since last August.
When you go to the dealer and place an order, all kinds of things pop up that are not evident on what we see online.
post #160 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 08:21 PM

Canyon Denali Ordered 12/3/16

TPW 1/9/17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode