Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Anyone Ordered A 2017?

68K views 490 replies 65 participants last post by  n1d0n 
#1 ·
Has anyone had their dealer actually place an order for a 2017 Colorado or Canyon? With production beginning the end of this month I would think the order bank would be open, but my dealer tells me he can't spec, price, or place an order at this time. Trying to get a Canyon Denali before year-end for tax purposes.

#58 ·
My salesguy told me that GMC only 'picked up 10 Denali orders this week". He has allocation issues.

I'm eager, but not really in a hurry so it's cool.

#55 ·
When it's in production, don't bother with your dealer, check GM Chat on the Chevy/GMC website. Ask for the build status code. Should get you the Target Production week. They may only be building 10 Denali's, but who knows how many other vehicles are being built this week for other pending orders...

#59 ·
As of the update I got yesterday the status of the order was still the same as last Friday (vehicle produced). That's okay, they still haven't posted the employee pricing yet and I'd rather not have to teach the dealer how to calculate the employee price...lol.

#60 ·
That's actually the email update I got too, but this comes after my Chat update that let me know it was in intermediate delivery and my wife's visit to the dealer that got me the weekish ETA. It seems that after it leaves the production line GM chat/support gets very confused about the updates...

#61 ·
After it ships from the factory GM can no longer help you. Your dealer has the ability to find the location of the truck. Mine sat in a rail yard for 5 days waiting to be unloaded for the carrier truck to deliver to the dealer.

Another option…

You can activate your Onstar and track it yourself providing the truck is started at least IIRC every 4 days.

Either the battery shuts down or something to the effect of the Onstar will shut down after that duration if the truck is not started.

Your dealer can assist in the activation info you'll need. You can then contact Onstar yourself to activate.

That also starts your free 3 months as well.

#64 ·
Got a call from the dealer on Friday that my order got kicked back (allegedly) because I ordered it with the black steps rather than the chrome steps which isn't allowed. They have fixed the boxes in the order form for the dealer so that they can not be selected (again, allegedly). I said that is fine, as I plan on having them linexed or swapped out for the retractable steps from amp. I hope this irrelevant glitch of a dealer installed option didn't put me back at the end of the line. The dealer didn't respond to my inquiry on that.

#66 ·
Got a call from the dealer on Friday that my order got kicked back (allegedly) because I ordered it with the black steps rather than the chrome steps which isn't allowed. T.
I thought you can pick black or chrome, why would black not be allowed? They ship them to the dealer to be installed anyways.

#69 ·
wow you think they would get super close to bottoming out on the running boards when loading/unloading the trucks. The car hauler guys I'm sure know what they are doing but if you get a rookie, man I'd be afraid they'd get damaged, first place I would look for damage when picking up a '17 with factory boards.

#70 ·
To be fair I haven't been close enough to see if the running boards are installed, they are across the grass median. I very unsuccessfully tried to snap a picture of one of the haulers today (saw 4).

Also, you think the running boards are going to get scuffed up when the same haulers are hauling passenger cars...?

#71 ·
To be fair I haven't been close enough to see if the running boards are installed, they are across the grass median. I very unsuccessfully tried to snap a picture of one of the haulers today (saw 4).
Hopefully mine was one a truck if you saw it yesterday or today. I had someone check again yesterday on my Canyon SLT (silver no running boards :wink2:) and it still said "Produced" and not shipped. I'll get the official update from customer assistance on Friday. Hopefully shipped. I think knowing the VIN and knowing it is ready to be shipped and sitting there is harder than waiting for it once it will be shipped.

#82 ·
Well, good and bad...

Didn't get to drive it home tonight :(
Buuuutttt....that was just because it wasn't PDI'd yet. It's going to be ready for pickup tomorrow, including the additional paint and seat protective sprays (they were 99% sure they could fit me in). I was right, the wheels are a LPO dealer install, so they weren't done yet... but the dealer was so excited to see it that they unwrapped it and called me immediately to come test drive it. When I got in, it had 4 miles on the odometer! A little rough at first, but after it got up to about 10 miles it was smooth and test drove beautifully. I actually did run into the hesitant accel on a 2016 CCSB that I test drove, on mine not even a hint of it though, they seem to have really polished the trans calibrations.

Pic below with the stock Z71 wheels, hopefully more tomorrow when I pick it up. No paperwork tomorrow at least!

Attachments

#85 ·
More pics required when you get it. Does Autotrac get rid of the knob that can be accidentally bumped? Not sure if the switch is the same as GMC but plead ignorance to what the GMC Autotrac controls look like, any complaints from GMC owners about that?

#91 ·
It won't stay daylight out long enough for me to get home and take pictures with it, but I drove it home last night and to work this morning, and I can safely say ohhh yes worth every second of waiting.

The dealer installed my SMY tire/wheel package - which please note is NOT what SMY was considered for 2015/2016. They were the wheels I actually wanted anyway, so I'm happy, but just wanted to note that for anyone thinking about them. The wheel package came with wheel locks and the dealer did a nitrogen fill for me and full detail when they pulled it into the shop to do the wheels. I'm sitting at 47mi after taking it to work this morning and I was getting 26-33mpg running @ 75mph down I-44. Picked up a barely noticeable bit of tire noise from the more aggressive tread on the SMY package tires, I hardly even notice it. Hopefully I'll get home today in time to take some interior pics!

I'm amazed to find that it's as effortless to park and drive as my Sport suspension (ZQ8) S-10's, which are considerably smaller and shorter. Parked a little crooked the first time backing in though, camera or not!

Attachments

#94 ·
The dealer installed my SMY tire/wheel package - which please note is NOT what SMY was considered for 2015/2016. They were the wheels I actually wanted anyway, so I'm happy, but just wanted to note that for anyone thinking about them.
Love the all black look especially with the black rims. My dealer is "rushing" the shipment of my truck so that they can get the sale in for the month of November. I don't think there will be any incentives on the 2017 in December, so I'm fine with taking delivery this month :grin2:

#93 ·
The problem with putting an old fashioned garage remote (and also gate remote in my case) on the sunvisor is that when you leave your truck on the street anyone can get in to your truck and have access to your garage. Not having HOMELINK on the Denali sucks.

Apparently you can add it for about $300 at a stereo shop so I will likely do that. Maybe the OEM Sierra visor with Home link can be utilized?

Reactions: durtymax denali
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.