The Official GMC Canyon Denali Purchasing and Ordering Thread - Page 8 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 92Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 145 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

Lots of changes over the years

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperv6 View Post

... Can you imagine ordering a Buick 225 and Chevelle every year and not even know what it looked like for months.

Some years they may come in in late August but could not be released till the cars were shown to the public a couple weeks later. I remember the dealers hiding the cars and we would get served in to see them. ...
I remember as a youngster going down to the local Chevrolet dealer at the new car introduction eagerly awaiting what the cars looked like. The cars were in the showroom with covers on them until nationally shown on TV by Chevy. There were styling changes every year. They had real chrome bumpers. In 1963 I sat in a dark blue split-window Corvette. I had to get permission from the salesman. I didn't know how anybody could afford $4300 for that car.

zoz

2017 GMC Canyon Denali
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 145 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zozmanGMC View Post
I remember as a youngster going down to the local Chevrolet dealer at the new car introduction eagerly awaiting what the cars looked like. The cars were in the showroom with covers on them until nationally shown on TV by Chevy. There were styling changes every year. They had real chrome bumpers. In 1963 I sat in a dark blue split-window Corvette. I had to get permission from the salesman. I didn't know how anybody could afford $4300 for that car.

zoz

I was always lucky as I got to see his cars before they were released. Even as a little kid I felt like I had a leg up on others when it came to new cars. I was car crazy before I could walk.

What made it better in the 60's is the designs changed so much every year. When Frank would order his cars he never knew what to expect.

He kept documents on all his cars back to the 20's. I saved it when he passed away.

The Chevelle my dad would get a year later when he bought a new one. We always had new cars with 3,000 miles a year later. Some years the miles were less.

He would order every option right down to bumper guards and low washer fluid but always just an AM radio.

I was thrilled my 1968 SS I owned in the 80's was sold by the same dealer my dads came from. It was sold two days after my dads. Odds are they may have come in on the same truck and I may have seen it as the dealer where they stashed it as a kid. I have paperwork for both cars.
post #143 of 145 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 09:58 AM

Well here we go, my Denali was built on April Fool's day (should have been an omen) and ever since has sat in the Wentzville parking lot waiting for a rail car, so for over two weeks nothing has happened and no suggestion that it will move soon. Not a lot of fun waiting at this point when MY vehicle is sitting out in the wind and rain with no one to wipe the dirt off or silicone the tires :). At least if it were here it would have it's own garage and blankie to keep it warm....well someday soon....maybe...sigh....

2017 Canyon Denali, crew, short bed, V6, 8spd, hard fold tonneau by Extang

post #144 of 145 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 10:02 PM

Mine was built on 30 March. It's been on a train for about two weeks and will not arrive in South Carolina until 23 April. Then it needs to get on a truck and be driven to Savannah. Hopefully I will have it by the end of next week. Was hoping I would have it this week but, alas, that is not to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #145 of 145 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 07:31 PM

I reported elsewhere that my Denali arrived on May 4 at the end of the day so I did not get it until the fifth. Beautiful truck and the new V6 and eight speed transmission make a neat vehicle into a super neat one. I have close to five hundred miles now and the transmission shifts so smooth normal shifts are not felt. The Denali is just a bit upscale from the SLT and both are as nice as driving a pick up should be.

2017 Canyon Denali, crew, short bed, V6, 8spd, hard fold tonneau by Extang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode