The Official GMC Canyon Denali Purchasing and Ordering Thread - Page 8 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 92Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 153 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

Lots of changes over the years

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperv6 View Post

... Can you imagine ordering a Buick 225 and Chevelle every year and not even know what it looked like for months.

Some years they may come in in late August but could not be released till the cars were shown to the public a couple weeks later. I remember the dealers hiding the cars and we would get served in to see them. ...
I remember as a youngster going down to the local Chevrolet dealer at the new car introduction eagerly awaiting what the cars looked like. The cars were in the showroom with covers on them until nationally shown on TV by Chevy. There were styling changes every year. They had real chrome bumpers. In 1963 I sat in a dark blue split-window Corvette. I had to get permission from the salesman. I didn't know how anybody could afford $4300 for that car.

zoz

2017 GMC Canyon Denali
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 153 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zozmanGMC View Post
I remember as a youngster going down to the local Chevrolet dealer at the new car introduction eagerly awaiting what the cars looked like. The cars were in the showroom with covers on them until nationally shown on TV by Chevy. There were styling changes every year. They had real chrome bumpers. In 1963 I sat in a dark blue split-window Corvette. I had to get permission from the salesman. I didn't know how anybody could afford $4300 for that car.

zoz

I was always lucky as I got to see his cars before they were released. Even as a little kid I felt like I had a leg up on others when it came to new cars. I was car crazy before I could walk.

What made it better in the 60's is the designs changed so much every year. When Frank would order his cars he never knew what to expect.

He kept documents on all his cars back to the 20's. I saved it when he passed away.

The Chevelle my dad would get a year later when he bought a new one. We always had new cars with 3,000 miles a year later. Some years the miles were less.

He would order every option right down to bumper guards and low washer fluid but always just an AM radio.

I was thrilled my 1968 SS I owned in the 80's was sold by the same dealer my dads came from. It was sold two days after my dads. Odds are they may have come in on the same truck and I may have seen it as the dealer where they stashed it as a kid. I have paperwork for both cars.
post #143 of 153 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 09:58 AM

Well here we go, my Denali was built on April Fool's day (should have been an omen) and ever since has sat in the Wentzville parking lot waiting for a rail car, so for over two weeks nothing has happened and no suggestion that it will move soon. Not a lot of fun waiting at this point when MY vehicle is sitting out in the wind and rain with no one to wipe the dirt off or silicone the tires :). At least if it were here it would have it's own garage and blankie to keep it warm....well someday soon....maybe...sigh....

2017 Canyon Denali, crew, short bed, V6, 8spd, hard fold tonneau by Extang

post #144 of 153 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 10:02 PM

Mine was built on 30 March. It's been on a train for about two weeks and will not arrive in South Carolina until 23 April. Then it needs to get on a truck and be driven to Savannah. Hopefully I will have it by the end of next week. Was hoping I would have it this week but, alas, that is not to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #145 of 153 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 07:31 PM

I reported elsewhere that my Denali arrived on May 4 at the end of the day so I did not get it until the fifth. Beautiful truck and the new V6 and eight speed transmission make a neat vehicle into a super neat one. I have close to five hundred miles now and the transmission shifts so smooth normal shifts are not felt. The Denali is just a bit upscale from the SLT and both are as nice as driving a pick up should be.

post #146 of 153 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 09:38 AM

Km4rtz, Well don't keep us in suspense...did you get your truck? What do you think of it?

post #147 of 153 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 11:24 AM

denali seems like waste to me more than 1/2 the standard features on full size denalis are missing in the canyon version
but thats just my opinion
post #148 of 153 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltctycanyon View Post
denali seems like waste to me more than 1/2 the standard features on full size denalis are missing in the canyon version

Not when you get the Denali for the same price as a SLT.

I had the choice of a Loaded SLT or a Loaded Denali for the same price and it was a no brainer. The added content and resale value at the same price there is no choice.

The truth is you can easily load up a V6 SLT to over $41K with no problem. Add the Diesel and $44K is not hard.

The heated wheel is great.
post #149 of 153 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperv6 View Post

The heated wheel is great.
I really hope the ZR2 for 2019 MY adds quite a few more available and/ or standard options (as isn't this truck ready for a mid-cycle refresh by then?), and a heated steering wheel is pretty much at the top of my list, in the top 3 anyway. My wife has a fully loaded entry model Jeep that has a heated steering wheel. I laughed at her quite a bit for that, but now I won't purchase another vehicle without (I'm getting older!), same with a smart Key/ proximity keyless entry and push button start. I am tired of GM shafting the mid-sized trucks in terms of available options, just to push those ginormous full-size trucks, as I have no use for something that large and cavernous. Plus, what ever happened to the Denali line, and in this case, ZR2, getting upgraded engine output choices? Give me an option for a truck tuned TT V6 in both the Denali and ZR2.

GM is so close to gaining me as a ZR2 customer, but it is lacking in some available creature comforts, that almost all other manufacturers offer as either standard or available.

I know, slightly off-topic from Denali specific, but the two "cross-over" as "top trim levels".

Last edited by Xtreme Thunder; 06-02-2017 at 03:30 PM.
post #150 of 153 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme Thunder View Post
I really hope the ZR2 for 2019 MY adds quite a few more available and/ or standard options (as isn't this truck ready for a mid-cycle refresh by then?), and a heated steering wheel is pretty much at the top of my list, in the top 3 anyway. My wife has a fully loaded entry model Jeep that has a heated steering wheel. I laughed at her quite a bit for that, but now I won't purchase another vehicle without (I'm getting older!), same with a smart Key/ proximity keyless entry and push button start. I am tired of GM shafting the mid-sized trucks in terms of available options, just to push those ginormous full-size trucks, as I have no use for something that large and cavernous. Plus, what ever happened to the Denali line, and in this case, ZR2, getting upgraded engine output choices? Give me an option for a truck tuned TT V6 in both the Denali and ZR2.

GM is so close to gaining me as a ZR2 customer, but it is lacking in some available creature comforts, that almost all other manufacturers offer as either standard or available.

I know, slightly off-topic from Denali specific, but the two "cross-over" as "top trim levels".
The heated wheels is great. The vented seats are ok. As for the button starts proximity I can give or take on that. I just have carried keys so long I am used to them.

The only marked missing option on the Denali is the sun roof that I miss.

The only thing I see is they could offer the Camaro engine but I just do not see the TT ever coming. The main idea on the mid size is to gain cooperate MPG and that would counter it. Same with the V8. With ever higher CAFE looming they will push to keep the MPG up.

Also the present engine is not under powered. This is not a Camaro and it will already pull over 7,000 pounds so it is not wanting. If you need more power you need more truck for the most part.
Also they need to hold the price down as sales on these trucks fall off as you get over $40K. There is a lot to want but to price it to where people will buy becomes a difficult thing. It has to remain under the full size price and still offer much. Yet it needs to remain in the 30's to appeal to the median buyers in the segment. A tough thing to do.
post #151 of 153 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 05:09 PM

Garage
The Canyon Denali is verrry tempting, especially w/ the Duramax. For that price I'd expect a little more though like a power rear slider window and sunroof option.... gotta set this baby apart.

I'm well pleased w/ my '16 Canyon SLT Duramax at 4500 miles, really miss a heated steering wheel tho. Maybe it will trickle down in the future. GM is missing a lot of opportunities w/ optioning. They better step it up w/ the new Ranger and Jeep PU coming.

not meant to hijack, just my .02

Last edited by Fasted58; 06-02-2017 at 05:30 PM.
post #152 of 153 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 10:14 PM

The Ranger I think will be much more limited according to what I am hearing.

Ford is only doing a crew short bed model only. I get the feeling from reports over the last couple years internally some at Ford were betting the farm on the aluminum F150 and the others internally that wNted the Ranger too.

The initial offerings will be limited but with the new leader I expect addition in offerings.

I suspect Mark Fields was the Bain anti Ranger guy as the aluminum truck was his baby.

The Jeep will be strong with the Jeep people but the core truck people remain with the trucks. Jeep shave a neat factor but also limits on styling and cab space.

GM is due for a refresh in 19 so they will do fine. They just need to get production up.
post #153 of 153 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltctycanyon View Post
We all are certainly entitled to our opinion, I traded my 2015 SLT on a Denali for a variety of reasons mostly important only to me. However, the new engine/transmission combination was the biggest decider and the extra goo-gas were frosting on a already spiffy cake. I too was disappointed the rear slider was not power, I changed my 2011 Canyon Crew to power and really liked the convenience and I no longer had to crawl in the back seat when locking the vehicle.
I have found two features on my Denali that I really like: the heated steering wheel and cooled seats, both of which I had admired on my buddies Sierra Denali.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode