The Official Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Thread - Page 11 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #201 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:29 PM

Well I just drove a Denali while I wait for the dealer to stand by their offer.

Right now I am torn by the two truck. The GMC dealer is much easier to deal with than any of the Chevy dealers.

Right now if the Chevy dealer agrees to the offer it will be the ZR2 but they give any more grief ther may be a Denali in my future.

I also had a SLT loaded that stickered for $41k marked down to where I can get it for $34k. Good deal but not enough to make me change my mind. It is the same color as my wife's GMC and I do not want two the same color.

I have to take a couple days to think here.

The dealers really have rubbed me the wrong way at Chevy. They act like they have gold bars but it is still a truck.
BamCam likes this.

Last edited by hyperv6; 03-20-2017 at 11:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 12:00 AM
KMW

Wanna make a road trip? My dealer has been a breeze to deal with! They got a call from GM saying they could order two more, so they have 6 ordered. I think only one, maybe two, besides mine are spoken for. I have in writing, "Guaranteed $500 under invoice, but I assure you it will be more than that. Just can't say exactly until we have the invoice pricing from GM."

They'll also pay for your ticket to fly to Spokane, and shuttle you from there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
post #203 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMW View Post
Wanna make a road trip? My dealer has been a breeze to deal with! They got a call from GM saying they could order two more, so they have 6 ordered. I think only one, maybe two, besides mine are spoken for. I have in writing, "Guaranteed $500 under invoice, but I assure you it will be more than that. Just can't say exactly until we have the invoice pricing from GM."

They'll also pay for your ticket to fly to Spokane, and shuttle you from there.

Thanks but that is a little farther than I want to go.

I will see if they accept my offer as it was $200 below supplier price which is about $500 under invoice. The Manager who was off is was wanting to go back to MSRP if he does that I am out and will order a 2018 when the games are done or I will buy the Denali at the end of the week.

I want the Chevy but the Denali would be more for what I need daily driving. I like both for what they are but for two different reasons.

The Chevy if better for being noticed the GMC is better for blending in and in side it is much nicer. It was closer to my old ZQ8 Sonoma.

I will be fine with either but I just need to hear the last Chevy offer and decide.
BamCam and bharv2221 like this.

post #204 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperv6 View Post
Well I just drove a Denali while I wait for the dealer to stand by their offer.

Right now I am torn by the two truck. The GMC dealer is much easier to deal with than any of the Chevy dealers.

Right now if the Chevy dealer agrees to the offer it will be the ZR2 but they give any more grief ther may be a Denali in my future.

I also had a SLT loaded that stickered for $41k marked down to where I can get it for $34k. Good deal but not enough to make me change my mind. It is the same color as my wife's GMC and I do not want two the same color.

I have to take a couple days to think here.

The dealers really have rubbed me the wrong way at Chevy. They act like they have gold bars but it is still a truck.
This is exactly how I am feeling as well with the Chevrolet dealers. I love my Buick/GMC dealer. For me as well, the Denali would fit my daily use but the ZR2 has been the truck for me since I saw the prototype. I actually discussed the possibility of my GMC dealer ordering the ZR2 thru their dealer network. Dealership is owned by Penske so they have a larger dealer network because of their truck sales. They said it could be done but it may be more headaches with the limited run and other BS right now with the ZR2. Maybe if a '17 does not work out I will try the process thru them for '18 and give my business to a quality dealership that has earned it.
post #205 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:04 AM

That is funny, the Chevrolet and GMC dealer near me are opposite of what you two mention. I felt well out of place at the GMC dealer, like they were looking down on me, not very personable and gave the vibe like I couldn't afford the product I was interested. It doesn't matter what and where my wife and I go/ purchase, Home Depot for a large purchase, Car dealership, Furniture store, we always get ignored like we are some children waiting for our parents to finish shopping, and we never get assistance,... we always have to go looking for it,... and I didn't have to do that at the Chevy dealership. We do extremely well for ourselves for our ages (I'm 32 and she is 27), they are always surprised we have either a decent down payment, excellent credit, and if their financing rates are too high through the dealer, we already have our CU on standby for a much less and extremely favorable rate, unless we can get 0% like she did with her FCA Jeep product a year and a half ago. If we don't get help at the dealership, we choose the youngest salesperson we can find, makes them feel good and that annoys the "seasoned" salespeople. Serves them right for looking over at us and pretending to be busy, their loss! Haha! I mean it could all be in my mind, but I've been around long enough to have figured it out.
post #206 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 12:17 PM

Well I asked them to toss in some things on the Denali and if they do that may be what I go with. I want to take it on a long drive and then make the call.

I also looked at this another way. I am 50 years old. Just how long will it be that I get tired of climbing in the taller truck?

I love both trucks but I see it like this. Some women [or Men for the other side] you marry and some you just date. The more I think about it ZR2 to me is just a date. I have my other toys and sports cars so the Denali as my daily driver may be my best option to remain happy long term.

I love the ZR2 but I think the Denali will better fit our needs as I keep trucks for 8-10 years.

Both trucks should enjoy good resale as they are not as common as the other models.

As for the GMC version. I saw an interview of the head of the Global GM truck platform on Autoline. She said when asked about a GMC version that there are no plans for one. She said it was a GMC product and it is kind of their Denali. That makes sense..

She was also asked about a Blazer like version and what was interesting is she never said no. She said that would be interesting. I have learned GM speak from some of the people I know from there. When it is no they say no but when an idea may be in play they will never say no. They will not confirm but they will also not say no most times.

I think I will be very happy with both. My wife can get in the Denali better. I can still get my red.

I am just disappointed at the launch and the way the dealers are acting. This is not a Corvette and most of the trucks they are ordering are not all going to be sold before they come in. With Z71 trucks marked down to $41K most people just go big and build their own off road truck.

I expect the next gen full size to get some kind of Z package next time around. I expect Chevy to do more sport like SUV and Truck models and GMC goes more high end.

I was shocked how many mall details the GMC has or made standard over the Chevy. If they would just upgrade the door panels it really would make a difference.

I am shocked so many here have not wanted to retro fit the GMC dash pad to the Chevy. It looks and feels so much better. Same for the real Aluminum trim.

Last edited by hyperv6; 03-21-2017 at 12:20 PM.
post #207 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperv6 View Post
Well I asked them to toss in some things on the Denali and if they do that may be what I go with. I want to take it on a long drive and then make the call.

I also looked at this another way. I am 50 years old. Just how long will it be that I get tired of climbing in the taller truck?

I love both trucks but I see it like this. Some women [or Men for the other side] you marry and some you just date. The more I think about it ZR2 to me is just a date. I have my other toys and sports cars so the Denali as my daily driver may be my best option to remain happy long term.

I love the ZR2 but I think the Denali will better fit our needs as I keep trucks for 8-10 years.

Both trucks should enjoy good resale as they are not as common as the other models.

As for the GMC version. I saw an interview of the head of the Global GM truck platform on Autoline. She said when asked about a GMC version that there are no plans for one. She said it was a GMC product and it is kind of their Denali. That makes sense..

She was also asked about a Blazer like version and what was interesting is she never said no. She said that would be interesting. I have learned GM speak from some of the people I know from there. When it is no they say no but when an idea may be in play they will never say no. They will not confirm but they will also not say no most times.

I think I will be very happy with both. My wife can get in the Denali better. I can still get my red.

I am just disappointed at the launch and the way the dealers are acting. This is not a Corvette and most of the trucks they are ordering are not all going to be sold before they come in. With Z71 trucks marked down to $41K most people just go big and build their own off road truck.

I expect the next gen full size to get some kind of Z package next time around. I expect Chevy to do more sport like SUV and Truck models and GMC goes more high end.

I was shocked how many mall details the GMC has or made standard over the Chevy. If they would just upgrade the door panels it really would make a difference.

I am shocked so many here have not wanted to retro fit the GMC dash pad to the Chevy. It looks and feels so much better. Same for the real Aluminum trim.
I'm sure you've seen this? --> Introducing the Sierra 1500 All Terrain X - GMC Life
post #208 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highaltitude View Post

No but GMC usually keep the All Terrain and All Terrain X as their versions of the Z71 in limited colors.

The one shown is just their midnight edition on a Z71

I do not see GMC going to the next level now. I had thought they would become more like a Hummer but GM looks to be doing the real performance models like the ZR2 while leaving most of the high end models to the Denali line.

The fact is Denali holds a lot of value in the public right now and people are paying stupid prices for some of them. I would have not bought mine if not for the discounts.

The Canyon Denali is a tough sell with the Sierra 1500 and Chevy Z71 at nearly the same price discounted.

I would have bough the bigger truck but I just did not want a big truck. Even at that it made me think. This is why the Mid Size trucks have limits on some things as they could option them up more but sales taper off after $38K.

Pricing a vehicle to have all it should have at the quality it should be is tough to do. So many say they should turbo this and AWD that but fail to think how much money it adds and how hard it would be to sell at a price people would buy.
post #209 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 01:26 PM

Anyways I have made an appointment to buy a GMC Denali. The price was right and it will really better fit our family. It is not all about me so I need to keep this in mind.

The hassles of the Chevy dealers and their intent to get MSRP is just not worth dealing with.

The Denali is an over priced model but with the discounts it made it competitive with the SLT models. It was approaching 90 days so I think they just wanted to move it.

Looking around it is amazing how few Denali models there are out there. As much as they cost though I guess I should not be surprised.

Either way this should work for me and make for a decent truck. Quartz Red with all options less Diesel.

Well I will still be here but with a different truck. In a way I think Chevy may have done me a favor.
RatRacer likes this.
post #210 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 09:16 AM

Anyone else receive an e-mail from Chevrolet that is their newsletter, includes the Red Line editions, Silverado, Camaro and Colorado ZR2 product "news"?

Interesting note printed in the ZR2 section of the e-mail: "Available Summer 2017"

I don't think the left hand knows what the right hand is doing over there. Believe me, this is not the only vehicle I am following and GM isn't the only manufacturer botching up reveals, launches and dates.
post #211 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 11:17 AM

Pricing is confirmed for the ZR2. Your dealer should be able to give you a solid number as of this morning. My build has $44,485 MSRP.
post #212 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 12:00 PM

From GM chat on my order: "Your order has been accepted at the plant and your target production week is 4/17/2017. This date is subject to change based on plant schedule."
goleee33 likes this.
post #213 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 12:51 PM
KMW

Damn! Just checked mine, still "order accepted, no TPW"

post #214 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamCam View Post
Pricing is confirmed for the ZR2. Your dealer should be able to give you a solid number as of this morning. My build has $44,485 MSRP.
Confirmed where? As of 17:01 hours today, the Chevrolet website is still not showing any pricing for ZR2. I just tried to build one.

"Brownstone Bumblebee" 2016 Diesel Colorado Z71 CCSB 4X4, Brownstone Metallic
HPD and Provent 200 Catch Cans, Amsoil Fluids, MetalMan Front Differential, Engine Oil Pan, & Steering Motor Skid Plate, Undercover Swing Cases
Say No! to Wheelers's Offroad!

"I respect everyone's opinion, no matter how wrong it may be."
post #215 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgjurista View Post
Confirmed where? As of 17:01 hours today, the Chevrolet website is still not showing any pricing for ZR2. I just tried to build one.
Confirmed by his dealer.
goleee33 likes this.

2004 GMC Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 4x4

Site Rules
post #216 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgjurista View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
Confirmed by his dealer.
That's correct my dealer has confirmed all pricing. As of this morning the GM order workbench has pricing column data present. Previous workbench had W/A in columns. No real surprises on pricing, only unique one is the diesel. Up charge is only $3500 compared to previous $3730 for crew.
post #217 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 10:56 AM
JW

Garage
11:00am, 3/23/17
I just checked on my order; ZR2, V-6, Deepwood Green, no other options and it is still at event code 1100.

John
post #218 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 11:39 AM
KMW

Where are you guys getting these event codes? I was given a 6 letter code and I've been checking it with GM Chat. But they just tell me the status, no codes.

post #219 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 12:35 PM
JW

Garage
I had to ask for the event code for my order

John
post #220 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 12:36 PM
KMW

Ok, thanks. I'll do that next time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode