The Official Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Thread - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 81Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 324 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 05:25 PM
KMW
Senior Member
 
KMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 792
My dealer has said they will be available to order on March 16. They have also said they will sell it to me for $500 over invoice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
KMW is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 324 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 05:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Motown
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMW View Post
My dealer has said they will be available to order on March 16. They have also said they will sell it to me for $500 over invoice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
They are assholes. Find a new dealer.
I am fortunate, GM tells the dealer how much they have to sell it to us for, and it is a better deal than any private party could ever make on their own. My understanding is that usually GM ends up kicking some cheese to the dealer after the sale.
Esoxchaser is offline  
post #23 of 324 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 06:04 PM
KMW
Senior Member
 
KMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 792
Is $500 over dealer invoice bad?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
KMW is offline  
 
post #24 of 324 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 07:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,172
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMW View Post
Is $500 over dealer invoice bad?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk


No that's really good. Especially for a ZR2. I'm assuming he thought MSRP.

NEW TRUCK
2015 Colorado Crew Cab Z71 4X4 - Summit White
KN 63 Series intake - LineX - 30" GGLighting LED Bar - Front/Rear Adujustable King Shocks - Bajakits +2.5 4x4 Pre Runner Kit - Method Double Standard Wheels - Falken AT3W 285/70/17 - Deaver Mini Pack inserts

OLD TRUCK
2004 Colorado Crew Cab Z85. I5 2wd
5inch CST lift
LIFTED COLORADO CLUB MEMBER # 123
goleee33 is offline  
post #25 of 324 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 08:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Motown
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMW View Post
Is $500 over dealer invoice bad?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
My bad. Yes, I thought you meant MSRP. Sorry. I got my usual exercise jumping to conclusions and flying off the handle.
But it's not like dealers never tried to peddle high demand stuff over sticker before..........

Good on ya. I am still waiting to hear from mine with an order pad and option list at hand.
Esoxchaser is offline  
post #26 of 324 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 08:11 PM
KMW
Senior Member
 
KMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 792
Ha! I kind of thought that might have been the case! No worries! Yeah, I figured that was probably pretty good for a truck that they'll probably have no problem selling.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
KMW is offline  
post #27 of 324 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 11:21 AM
Senior Member
 
monkeyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Golden, Colorado
Posts: 246
Spoke with Chevy Chat about the ZR2, the rep gave me this link for ordering info:

Model Information - Online Ordering Guide


Note that:

"ZR2 ordering will be available March 16, 2017."

I'm starting to lean a lot toward the ZR2. When I price out a Z71, I am pretty much at the $40ish that the ZR2 has.
The ZR2 has all the offroad stuff (DSSV, wide track, lift, front/rear lockers, rock rails, high clearance bumper, front skid plate, unique rims, AT tires), and leather, wireless charging (not available on other trims, but probably the same as Canyon Denali), and all for only a little more than a Z71.
I am hoping supplier pricing will be similar to the other models as far as difference from MSRP. (Or that the dealer can beat that price)

I think I would only add the Nav/Bose (not sure I want to mess with all that goes into upgrading the non-nav system), and quad folding tonneau cover (probably after the fact).

It is odd that it lists the tires for the ZR2 as 255/65/17, but all pictures show 265/65/17 (which is 30.6" not "31", but I guess if you round up it is, right?)
With the lift and high clearance bumper, I don't see why 265/70/17 wouldn't fit. The spare is listed as 265/65/17 though, so I think the 255 is just a typo.

I'm interested to see a winch bumper for these though, but other than TL-4R projectors, LED light bars, I don't know what else I would do to it. If I got the Z71, I would want to change so much, the ZR2 looks to be less in the long run for me.

Last edited by monkeyracer; 02-20-2017 at 11:28 AM.
monkeyracer is offline  
post #28 of 324 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 11:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
Spoke with Chevy Chat about the ZR2, the rep gave me this link for ordering info:

Model Information - Online Ordering Guide


Note that:

"ZR2 ordering will be available March 16, 2017."

I'm starting to lean a lot toward the ZR2. When I price out a Z71, I am pretty much at the $40ish that the ZR2 has.
The ZR2 has all the offroad stuff (DSSV, wide track, lift, front/rear lockers, rock rails, high clearance bumper, front skid plate, unique rims, AT tires), and leather, wireless charging (not available on other trims, but probably the same as Canyon Denali), and all for only a little more than a Z71.
I am hoping supplier pricing will be similar to the other models as far as difference from MSRP. (Or that the dealer can beat that price)

I think I would only add the Nav/Bose (not sure I want to mess with all that goes into upgrading the non-nav system), and quad folding tonneau cover (probably after the fact).

It is odd that it lists the tires for the ZR2 as 255/65/17, but all pictures show 265/65/17 (which is 30.6" not "31", but I guess if you round up it is, right?)
With the lift and high clearance bumper, I don't see why 265/70/17 wouldn't fit. The spare is listed as 265/65/17 though, so I think the 255 is just a typo.


I'm interested to see a winch bumper for these though, but other than TL-4R projectors, LED light bars, I don't know what else I would do to it. If I got the Z71, I would want to change so much, the ZR2 looks to be less in the long run for me.
I literally just posted in another thread about the tire size. This is now the 3rd place I've seen the 30" tires listed instead of the 31" that the spare is. By the way 255/65R17 is a 30.05" tire and the 265/65R17 is a 30.56" tire (depending on manufacturer). Let's hope it's a typo.
zazu87usf is offline  
post #29 of 324 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 11:39 AM
Senior Member
 
monkeyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Golden, Colorado
Posts: 246


You can see on the sidewall, these are 265/65/17.



Spare shows the same.

Last edited by monkeyracer; 02-20-2017 at 11:45 AM.
monkeyracer is offline  
post #30 of 324 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ZR2 EMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Fort Worth/Dallas Metroplex
Posts: 215
I placed a call to my dealer this afternoon about ordering one on the first day, March 16th. Waiting for a call back to see if I need a deposit or to be on a waiting list, etc.

Order:

Colorado ZR2 Crew Cab SWB
Red Hot/Black Leather
3.6 gas engine
Bose audio system
Bed-mounted spare tire carrier
Not sure on whether to go for the standard carpeting or to opt for the vinyl floor. I'm kind of leaning towards the vinyl at this point.

Those are the only factory-installed options that I'm aware of for the ZR2. I'm really hoping this truck was/is worth the wait.

"The road goes on forever and the party never ends." - REK
"If we get a little crazy, blame it on the alcohol." - PG
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - MT
"All bleeding stops eventually." - ZR2 EMT
"Stay safe! Everyone goes home." - UNK

2017 Red Hot ZR2 V6 CC SWB - TPW 5/15 - Event Code 6000 - 6-6-17

Last edited by ZR2 EMT; 02-20-2017 at 08:43 PM.
ZR2 EMT is offline  
post #31 of 324 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 08:52 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: PA
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71 EMT View Post
I placed a call to my dealer this afternoon about ordering one on the first day, March 16th. Waiting for a call back to see if I need a deposit or to be on a waiting list, etc.

Order:

Colorado ZR2 Crew Cab SWB
Red Hot/Black Leather
3.6 gas engine
Bose audio system
Bed-mounted spare tire carrier
Not sure on whether to go for the standard carpeting or to opt for the vinyl floor. I'm kind of leaning towards the vinyl at this point.

Those are the only factory-installed options that I'm aware of for the ZR2. I'm really hoping this truck was/is worth the wait.
According to the latest order guide that color is not available on the ZR2. No laser blue, brownstone & cyber gray metallic either. It will be interesting to see what really is available once ordering is active. The current catalog clearly shows a Red Hot crew cab on page 2 but it also shows several other things that are not currently available or mentioned anywhere in the current ordering guide. I spoke with my dealer last week and as usual we are aware of more details regarding the ZR2 than they are. I told them I will be ordering one ASAP in the following configuration

Crew Cab
V6 or Diesel (undecided)
Deepwood green metallic
Bed mounted spare tire carrier
Carpet delete

Last edited by BamCam; 02-21-2017 at 08:59 AM.
BamCam is offline  
post #32 of 324 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 08:58 AM
Senior Member
 
monkeyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Golden, Colorado
Posts: 246
This page shows the available colors:

Model Information - Online Ordering Guide

Anything with a superscript 3 next to it is unavailable for ZR2
goleee33 likes this.
monkeyracer is offline  
post #33 of 324 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 10:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
This page shows the available colors:

Model Information - Online Ordering Guide

Anything with a superscript 3 next to it is unavailable for ZR2
I doubt that is accurate as their are other things on the ordering guide that are wrong (typos and whatnot). They have no reason to not include half the colors for a top trim model. It would just piss customers off.
zazu87usf is offline  
post #34 of 324 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 11:01 AM
Senior Member
 
monkeyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Golden, Colorado
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazu87usf View Post
I doubt that is accurate as their are other things on the ordering guide that are wrong (typos and whatnot). They have no reason to not include half the colors for a top trim model. It would just piss customers off.
This is straight from GM. Look at the "2SA" (Base) - the only colors available are Black, Graphite Metallic, Silver Ice Metallic, and Summit White. Looking at the build and price configurator, those are the only colors that come up. I think it is probably accurate.
I could see them limiting the color choices (as dumb as it may seem). So, you want a blue ZR2? Too bad. (GM is really dumb for not offering the ZR2 in Laser Blue.)

At least for the red option, you can get Cajun Red Tintcoat (the pictures of the crew cab version are all this color.)
monkeyracer is offline  
post #35 of 324 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 11:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
This is straight from GM. Look at the "2SA" (Base) - the only colors available are Black, Graphite Metallic, Silver Ice Metallic, and Summit White. Looking at the build and price configurator, those are the only colors that come up. I think it is probably accurate.
I could see them limiting the color choices (as dumb as it may seem). So, you want a blue ZR2? Too bad. (GM is really dumb for not offering the ZR2 in Laser Blue.)

At least for the red option, you can get Cajun Red Tintcoat (the pictures of the crew cab version are all this color.)
It can be straight from GM but that doesn't mean all the info is correct yet. There are other issues with the ordering guide that haven't been fixed (like tire size), so paint could easily be one of them. Like Bamcam said, the 2017 catalog shows the ZR2 in Redhot and says coming spring 2017. I doubt they would redo catalog that they just put out. Plus they don't even have the deepwood green on the ordering guide yet so it is not finished. Although I could be completely wrong and GM could be making a really dumb mistake. Who knows...

Last edited by zazu87usf; 02-21-2017 at 11:25 AM.
zazu87usf is offline  
post #36 of 324 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 11:24 AM
KMW
Senior Member
 
KMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 792
Would seem odd to not have red, when that's what they revealed at the show, and have in all their videos! How dumb would that be?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
KMW is offline  
post #37 of 324 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 11:28 AM
Senior Member
 
monkeyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Golden, Colorado
Posts: 246
Looking at the brochure:

http://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam...do-catalog.pdf

Page 27 has colors. Deepwood Green Metallic (the color of the Extended Cab Duramax for the pictures on the website) is a ZR2 only color. That doesn't say anything about restricted colors.
So, you are probably correct.
monkeyracer is offline  
post #38 of 324 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 11:29 AM
Senior Member
 
monkeyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Golden, Colorado
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMW View Post
Would seem odd to not have red, when that's what they revealed at the show, and have in all their videos! How dumb would that be?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The marketing pictures are of the Cajun Red Tintcoat.
monkeyracer is offline  
post #39 of 324 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 11:31 AM
KMW
Senior Member
 
KMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 792
Really? I thought that was a darker, deeper color more like the other red they discontinued for '17.

http://www.diverchev.com/VehicleDeta...-DE/2847832853

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
KMW is offline  
post #40 of 324 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 11:33 AM
Senior Member
 
monkeyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Golden, Colorado
Posts: 246
But, page 29 also says 255/65/17 for the tires for the ZR2... soooo....
monkeyracer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome